British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Belle Vue V Leicester Friday 25th August

Well done Leicester , deserved win.

Some great racing as well , possibly some of the best I've seen at NSS , Tungate was on fire as was Lasse Bjerre

The general consensus is BV don't have a home track advantage because the track is so fair .

But how can riders like Bjerre jnr just turn up for their first ever meeting there and look so much faster than home riders ?

Bjerre "junior" listened very carefully to riders who know the NSS track well ( inc. his brother ) and watched on DVD how the track rides. Any intelligent rider would have done the same and taken suitable equipment with them.

• Like 2

Bjerre "junior" listened very carefully to riders who know the NSS track well ( inc. his brother ) and watched on DVD how the track rides. Any intelligent rider would have done the same and taken suitable equipment with them.

So BV must have a few 'unintelligent' riders in their ranks ? ;)

• Like 1

BELLE Vue's faith and perseverance with Jack Smith is admirable on the one hand but ultimately it could cost them dearly.

Not sure it is just loyalty. Who is there better on a 2pt average?
  • Like 2

Any up and coming rider should do this for every track they are due to ride at where there is information available. The track surfaces do change but going to a track blind is not a good idea.

It's good to see BV fans gracious in defeat. If Swindon don't win the Premiership this year then I would be happy with BV.

• Like 3

Looking back on last night, it was a massive reminder, if one was needed, just how important Fricke & Bewley are to this Aces team, particularly at home. Fricke can beat the world's best there, as he did when beating the (at the time) almost untouchable Doyle this time last year and he thrives at the NSS. Just 6 points I think from RR for him last night.

As for Bewley, it's a huge compliment to a kid in just his second year of racing, how good he is & how much he was missed, badly - despite the 100% efforts of Aarnio last night.

It's far from all doom and gloom though. With a full 1-7, we have a side who enjoy racing at Monmore & at Blunsdon, as well as going close at Rye twice. I hope last night's result encourages a few people to write us off come playoff time, that'll suit me just fine.

Quick comment on Cookie, not his best night, but the last two years he's come to the party come playoff time & lead his team, expect him to do so again.

One thing is for sure, playoff speedway under the lights in front of a packed NSS we are in for some fantastic racing. If you love good speedway then get yourselves down there, you won't be disappointed - win or lose I can't wait!!

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if rossiter has another one of his "this might surprise a few people" moments and picks us for the semi.

I think everyone is getting a bit bored waiting for the cup bit, hence the apparent lack of enthusiasm last night. Maybe the qualifiers should be shortened to just one home and away because once a team has all but qualified it just seems a bit flat. I wouldn't be surprised if Swindon suffered a slump in their crowd on Thursday after pretty much sealing their qualification on Monday.

That may well happen, unless Poole get through to the play offs, as they would be easier to beat.

It is a pity that we do not have the KOC with BV meetings before the semis for the Championship, so that we could judge how BV are going.

I agree i think Swindon could well choose us come play off time, we have looked vulnrable at home throughout the season and i dont see us doing enough at the NSS to go through over a two legged meeting despite being pretty decent away.

Well done Leicester on their deserved win.

But I am not surprised at the result fielding 2 very poor reserves who from the start i could not see how they were going to score many points and R/R for Fricke.It was always going to be difficult with a poor reserve riding in 8 of the 15 heats and a big ask for the other 4 riders to score at least 43 point between them.

Not putting Leicester down but with a full team I think we would have had no problem winning this match.

Thoughts towards the play offs of course we need Fricke to recover in time and be back to top form very quickly for us to have any chance at all.Just like Wolves with Masters.

Here's hoping for 4 fully fit teams for the play offs and may the best team win.

Edited by B.V 72

I said at the beginning of this season that if Belle Vue (and we were most people's favourites) finish top we would still lose the final simply because we have no home advantage.

Nothing I've seen this season has made me change my mind. Having said that the sight of our complete 1-7 battling to overcome or gain an advantage in a 2 legged final AKA Wolves last season is worth it's weight in gold.

Should we make the final this season, and have our full 1-7, then I see the same outcome as last season, including the racing, And that makes it all worthwhile

Massive congrats to Leicester who gave it their all and were rewarded with a fine win..

I wouldn't be surprised if rossiter has another one of his "this might surprise a few people" moments and picks us for the semi.

I think everyone is getting a bit bored waiting for the cup bit, hence the apparent lack of enthusiasm last night. Maybe the qualifiers should be shortened to just one home and away because once a team has all but qualified it just seems a bit flat. I wouldn't be surprised if Swindon suffered a slump in their crowd on Thursday after pretty much sealing their qualification on Monday.

Can you please bang a different drum - please!

We get it - you dont agree with the playoffs but they are here so no point going on and on and on and on!

• Like 1

Looking back on last night, it was a massive reminder, if one was needed, just how important Fricke & Bewley are to this Aces team, particularly at home. Fricke can beat the world's best there, as he did when beating the (at the time) almost untouchable Doyle this time last year and he thrives at the NSS. Just 6 points I think from RR for him last night.

As for Bewley, it's a huge compliment to a kid in just his second year of racing, how good he is & how much he was missed, badly - despite the 100% efforts of Aarnio last night.

It's far from all doom and gloom though. With a full 1-7, we have a side who enjoy racing at Monmore & at Blunsdon, as well as going close at Rye twice. I hope last night's result encourages a few people to write us off come playoff time, that'll suit me just fine.

Quick comment on Cookie, not his best night, but the last two years he's come to the party come playoff time & lead his team, expect him to do so again.

One thing is for sure, playoff speedway under the lights in front of a packed NSS we are in for some fantastic racing. If you love good speedway then get yourselves down there, you won't be disappointed - win or lose I can't wait!!

I have been impressed with Bewley this season.

You must remember that last night, Leicester were without Newman who could possibly have scored more than Etheridge!

I have been impressed with Bewley this season.

You must remember that last night, Leicester were without Newman who could possibly have scored more than Etheridge!

I agree, I think Newman would have scored about 6 although some of those points may have come at the expense of points your other riders scored. With Cook and Bjerre struggling I think it would have been close even if we had a full team. Edited by Aces51

i think bargain bucket Belle Vue will be Swindon's pick should Rye make it but if Poole make it they will pick Poole. Belle Vue seem to be going off form at the wrong time.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1