British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers V Newcastle Diamonds (sgb Championship) 30/08/2017

According to programme tonight George wrote Belle vue is a re arranged meeting therefore n/cle have priority for stevie, Danny King replaces Rob,and Ryan Douglas replaces Robbor

Should read Robbo

The article was written on Wednesday/Thursday of last week. Things change. George was interviewed by Roy during the break for the air-fence repair (during the Newcastle v Scunny match at Brough Park on Sunday) and he said it was "Kevin Doolan and Aaron Summers at Scunthorpe, Danny King and Kyle Newman at Peterborough and Ricky Wells at Berwick."

The article was written on Wednesday/Thursday of last week. Things change. George was interviewed by Roy during the break for the air-fence repair (during the Newcastle v Scunny match at Brough Park on Sunday) and he said it was "Kevin Doolan and Aaron Summers at Scunthorpe, Danny King and Kyle Newman at Peterborough and Ricky Wells at Berwick."

Our website is now showing Schlein and Douglas for Panthers with King and Newman for Diamonds - fingers crossed for the weather now!

Our website is now showing Schlein and Douglas for Panthers with King and Newman for Diamonds - fingers crossed for the weather now!

Fingers crossed that anyone turns up!! Farcical.

Fingers crossed that anyone turns up!! Farcical.

Changes probably makes either side as strong tbh.

Changes probably makes either side as strong tbh.

Panthers select V Newcastle select nothing at stake.The sport has to do better to keep fans interested.Whats the average attendance at Show ground this season?

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting tomorrow? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number?

Thanks

Panthers select V Newcastle select nothing at stake.The sport has to do better to keep fans interested.Whats the average attendance at Show ground this season?

More than likely it will be less than the average attendance on Wednesday night, as you say a meaningless fixture with nothing at stake and 4 of the 13 riders performing will be guests. Plus R/R .

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

More than likely it will be less than the average attendance on Wednesday night, as you say a meaningless fixture with nothing at stake and 4 of the 13 riders performing will be guests. Plus R/R .

Meaningless :shock:

Have you not read the press releases.

With rain forecast most of the day, including a couple hours of heavy rain at some point, it'll be touch and go whether this survives anyway if that forecast is anything like.

Edited by Crump99

Don't think it will touch and go..I think its a dead cert that it'll be off with the amount of rain forecast and for the first time ever..I don't even care.

Don't think it will touch and go..I think its a dead cert that it'll be off with the amount of rain forecast and for the first time ever..I don't even care.

If the afternoon rain hit the EoES then it'll not survive so the question is do they take the risk or call it off by the lunchtime cut off? Who's running the ship? We're struggling for dates even now. Generally though, it's the usual cram the fixtures in at the end of the season scenario. For whatever reason, you can't go the whole of August without home fixtures.

Edited by Crump99

Don't think it will touch and go..I think its a dead cert that it'll be off with the amount of rain forecast.

Forecast changed dramatically now. Think that they'll be ok. Some light rain this afternoon if it hits but otherwise dry.

• Like 1

Yep, Forecast has gone from a monsoon to light drizzle..got a decision to make now..dam it!..I haven't missed a home match intentionally for as far back as I can remember so this could be a first..but then there's the draw of Chris Harris..what to do?..any other regulars on here thinking if not bothering?

Edited by Lukas

As has been reported weather forecast has improved dramatically and now just the odd chance of showers which shouldn't threaten the match tonight.

Yep, Forecast has gone from a monsoon to light drizzle..got a decision to make now..dam it!..I haven't missed a home match intentionally for as far back as I can remember so this could be a first..but then there's the draw of Chris Harris..what to do?..any other regulars on here thinking if not bothering?

I'm a regular from Coventry (only missed one match all year) and still thinking of going.

The chance to see Harris, Schlein, Worrall, King go head to head at the showground is still quite an attractive prospect to me, not to mention Starke and Lindgren.

The A fixture in May was an absolute classic.

If anyone local can post a weather update on here later would be much appreciated.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

Made the decision yesterday not to go based on the forecast so what it does or doesn't do today will not change that as I rely on a lift. I wasn't particularly bothered about the meeting tbh, although as matey above says, it's far from shabby considering, but just wanted to see what the atmosphere was like around the place.

Edited by Crump99