British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Wolves - Swindon Followed By Wolves - Kings Lynn 4.9.17

Your always so bloody one sided aren't you? At Swindon Aarnio was beating Freddie who was on a tactical until his bike went and before Morris passed Lindgren...we were also missing two good scoring reserves but don't let facts get in the way of a good argument eh chino?

At the end of the day Wolves would beat both Poole and Swindon over 2 legs.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Oh dear!!!!!...... Have you ever known 3 riders all withdraw from one crash before!!? Quite possibly Auty was genuinely injured and that's unfortunate but Greaves has withdrawn cos of "bike problems"!!! and Perry has probably just had enough of being utterly outclassed every race all night! Both would still be riding tonight had it not been their second meeting. Give me examples of more successful double headers in recent times than ones that were jokes and then you can start to make excuses for the FARCE that the sport is right now.

And on top of that, another double header fails to get to its proper conclusion!!.... Yet there's nothing amateurish about the sport these days eh?!!

• Like 1

Swindons dominant run had to end sometime they just have to hope that they didnt peak too early, with doubts over the fitness of Fricke and Bewley and most probably carrying Smith I don't see us getting past Wolves, I'm taking them to win the title beating Poole in the final.

Well that meeting looked (on TV) to be an utter borefest.

Still, at least those who went didn't have to endure 90 minutes of mind-numbingly inane drivel from Pearson and Tatum. I truly believe that their boring, often-repeated commentary tonight was the worst ever.

Fair play though to Pete Adams - for putting the chinless wonder Tatum in his place at the end! Tatum's face was a classic.

You sound like you don't like speedway very much!

Not a great meeting but well done to Wolves, Swindon didn't look like the side that has been rampant lately and with no reserves they struggled.

Fans cheer because that rider won't score points not because they are happy a rider has fallen and could be injured. Doyle laughed recently when Jonasson fell which is worse in my opinion.

People suggesting the Swindon bubble has burst are getting a bit excited. They lost by 14 at a track Bellego was shocking on earlier in the season from memory, he should be good for 3 or 4 more elsewhere. Plus they had no reserve, you have to fancy BWD is good for 5 or 6 at reserve. Suddenly their 38 point totally is nearer the mid-40s. And how often does Doyle only score 7?

If I was a Swindon fan I'd be quite content right now. Scored 38 at a track that's never been their favourite with a couple of rides having bad days an a couple of others missing.

Wolves will obviously also be happy. You can't do much more than win meetings and Howarth aside they rode well.

Was Greaves injured? The updates site said bike problems but I wouldn't have thought Riss could take his rides just because he had a dodgy bike.

Nick Morris indicated that they weren't taking any risks when he was interviewed, which was quite interesting.

Heat 5 was the key. Suppose this was a play off, Doyle had won that race and Swindon had a 2-7, then you have a score of 50-43 and all to play for in the second leg, so this, maybe, wasn't as dominant by Wolves as it looks from the scoreline.

Tough with no reserves, though. That will be our achilles heel I suspect, unless Bellago really has completely lost his mojo. Then we're stuffed.

Pretty sure that if this was the play off then no tactical rides allowed

Just watched the meeting on delay and Roscos face summed it up. He must be a very worried man.

Swindon were slaughtered at Rye House, and rather than bounce back, were again taken apart by a Wolves team who threw points away and didn't even bother to put Freddie out in heat 15. Such was their dominance they basically throttled back. Sure Doyle blew the t/r but both Greaves and Howarth hit the deck in scoring positions and if Lindgren had ridden heat 15 if would never have been a 2-4.

Swindon fans fancy their chances next week against Poole, with some wondering how much of a lead the Robins will take to Blunsdon.

With Poole now riding much better, I think Pirates have it in them to put a decent lead on the plate for the second leg. I saw nothing tonight to have us overly worried. Yes, Doyle could easily go through the card but we have riders capable of beating the rest. Swindon are clear favourites but we can shock the speedway world.

Pirates have no chance against Wolves or Belle Vue but it would be a fantastic acheivement to make the final this season and judging how Swindon are riding, completely possible.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

People suggesting the Swindon bubble has burst are getting a bit excited. They lost by 14 at a track Bellego was shocking on earlier in the season from memory, he should be good for 3 or 4 more elsewhere. Plus they had no reserve, you have to fancy BWD is good for 5 or 6 at reserve. Suddenly their 38 point totally is nearer the mid-40s. And how often does Doyle only score 7?

If I was a Swindon fan I'd be quite content right now. Scored 38 at a track that's never been their favourite with a couple of rides having bad days an a couple of others missing.

Wolves will obviously also be happy. You can't do much more than win meetings and Howarth aside they rode well.

Bellego has had a couple of bad meetings lately not just this one, i agree it is over the top to suggest Poole will beat them but encouraging signs.

Plus side for Swindon is Morris, Ellis and Musielak are going well so if BWD gets back it will tough for anyone to beat them.

At the end of the day Wolves would beat both Poole and Swindon over 2 legs.

Poole won 3 out of the 4 matches against Wolves. Pirates would be the favourites over 2 legs.

Not a great meeting but well done to Wolves, Swindon didn't look like the side that has been rampant lately and with no reserves they struggled.

Fans cheer because that rider won't score points not because they are happy a rider has fallen and could be injured. Doyle laughed recently when Jonasson fell which is worse in my opinion.

I've seen this at every track and level I've visited.

Only a none knowledgeable speedway fan would suggest fans cheer a rider falling.

Lacking in knowledge and of course craving attention.

• Like 1

Your ability to continually draw incorrect conclusions from simple stats is staggering.

Don't forget the manic fist pumps wolves fans do when a rider falls off, that does set them apart.

Once again - fish fish, nibble nibble

• Like 2

Your ability to continually draw incorrect conclusions from simple stats is staggering.

Don't forget the manic fist pumps wolves fans do when a rider falls off, that does set them apart.

The worst fans I've ever had the displeasure of being around were the Mexicans. Gross behaviour.

Thankfully Aces fans in the most are much better behaved.

So each to their own.

• Like 2

A dozen blokes in pseudo fancy dress playing to the crowd is hardly representative while a significant proportion of the home straight fist pumping when a rider falls off is probably a more representative sample.

More to do with him taking a tactical and him not scoring. Not our fault he lost control is it? The vast majority of speedway fans from any club don't wish injury upon any rider.

• Like 1