British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

It’s a hell of a selective and isolated screenshot to decide on the basis of 3 meetings that one rider will out score AN other. Why not stretch it back to 6, or even a different set of 3 fixtures? If the 3 fixtures prior are chosen (Wolves, Rye House and Somerset) the stunning addition of an additional 10!! Yes 10 points could have been added from said meetings (they sides are a bit better than those of the last 3 fixtures though!)

A rider v rider argument is generally pointless and a little bit daft, but the whole notion of Lahti over Musielak feels like an attempt from said poster to create a narrative of Poole as favourites and thus they look daft if they don’t win - If you don’t believe that there must be at least 754 match threads over the course of the last 10 years you can read for validation of such a claim - Lahti will do very well to out score Musielak

All I am saying is that Lahti has been a different rider lately, you can see that from the way he has ridden and in those meetings he has had 7 rides more often than not. I appreciate Musielak is a top rider and will be very difficult to beat, all I am saying is having seen him ride home and away, although I couldn't attend his latest meeting at Somerset I am positive he can give Musielak a tough night.

I think a rider v rider argument is valid and a good guide to how the meeting might pan out but obviously thinks happen in meetings that no one can account for.

There is no doubt Musielak has changed Swindon from a good team in to title favourites.

It's disappointing that BWD can't take his place tonight.

Is Newman any good at Poole?

Looking at scores from past meetings there is not a lot of difference between BWD and Kyle.

Looking at scores from past meetings there is not a lot of difference between BWD and Kyle.

Well, that's a relief. I wasn't sure if 'this bloke' was any good seeing as he was sacked by Poole earlier in the year...

He must have strained his hand yesterday which came up over night, still Kyle will be a reasonable replacement

As I predicted who are they kidding, Rosco told him he had strained his hand more like.

Paul Starke averages a point more than BWD who also is just coming back from injury............................why should BWD beat him?

Beat me to it lol. Its Paul Starke the premier league heat leader against BWD the premier league second string........of course in Shovvy world he feels BWD will beat Starke at Starkes home track!!

It called the Steve Shovlar tactic of saying how Poole are huge outsiders.

The speedway world knows that Poole are in form and Swindon are not, riders like Bellego are out of form and the loss of Zach is huge and BWD probably not 100%. Poole reserves should walk all over Swindons in this match.

Poole should win tonight not by much but by 6 points i reckon

I sit with Steve and he is always negative !!!!

If it wasn't for us then Newman wouldn't be half the rider he is now.

The way I see it is this... Poole sacked him and now you're running scared.
  • Like 1

BWD got paid 10 yesterday and beat Cook total farce

Yep Swindon cheating because they know Kyle will score a bucket load at reserve

The way I see it is this... Poole sacked him and now you're running scared.

Spot on lol.

BWD got paid 10 yesterday and beat Cook total farce.

Come come fb. Riding on a bowling green of a track with little throttle movement e.g The Showground is not the same as riding at the FPA.

Those lumps and bumps that Orlov alluded to earlier in the thread are a major concern for BWD. Best he rests it fresh for two weeks time.

On the plus side, what an opportunity for the Poole fans to show their appreciation for the prodigal son tonight. Both him and Rosco should receive a rapturous welcome...

• Like 1

BWD got paid 10 yesterday and beat Cook total farce.

Swindon are a bunch of effing cheats. BWD rode well yesterday, didn't pull out of his races and even beat Cook.

Pure cheating from Rosco and Swindon to get a bigger advantage, even though they had one anyway.

Shame on them.

Read what Brad has said himself on the Swindon Facebook page, no rider wants to miss out & not be paid.

Swindon are a bunch of effing cheats. BWD rode well yesterday, didn't pull out of his races and even beat Cook.

Pure cheating from Rosco and Swindon to get a bigger advantage, even though they had one anyway.

Shame on them.

Read what Brad has said himself on the Swindon Facebook page, no rider wants to miss out & not be paid.

Utter b*llocks and every Swindon fan knows it.

Swindon are cheating, when they didn't need to.

Utterly disgraceful.

• Like 1