British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

No doubt you will have an orgasm or two about Newman guesting for Swindon tonight.

You will do what Stan's Dad did in South Park (Sitting on the chair whilst watching a certain something on a PC).

Only difference is you will be watching a certain something on BT Sport.

Wont be watching it as firstly i dont have BT sport and secondly im out watching my daughter training like i do most Mondays.

Thanks for your concern

So if BWD rides just fine for the rest of the season, but lets say in the playoff final against Wolves Swindon bought in Newman again, you would be happy?

I just said it sounds dodgy so agree in that respect. It's just slightly ironic that Poole fans are up in arms like this sort of tactic hasn't been used before. Have we forgotten about the attempted Lindback/Hans Anderson stunt from last year when the latter had miraculously returned from injury to ride in Poland before the 2nd leg?

• Like 1

I'd be more worried if I was a Swindon fan.

Surely Newman's loyalty to Poole and Matt Fraud's cheque book will ensure that Newman doesn't score as well as Wilson-Dean would have done.

Wilson-Dean is much the better rider, so Swindon would be stronger with him in the team.

Jeez, this thread is full of Aussie speedway riders.

If BWD says he is unfit, he is unfit. Not for anyone else to say so or call it I'm afraid. It's called integrity and everyone thinks they have it, so let's give the boy the benefit of the doubt.

Definitely made my mind up to go seeing as we are up against it. Will need all the support we can. If we can get to 40 we have a chance in a fortnight.

PPF: where do you and the gang hang out? I'll pop over and have a chat.

• Like 1

That wasn't aimed at you.

I was suggesting another forum member became friends with BWD & shared his thoughts with him on there rather than on here.

What are you on about? Who am I abusing?

Edited by hyabb17

Gavan you are too predictable.

If you think what has happened here is fair and OK, you are no better than the cheating Swindon Robins.

Even Swindon fans are embarrassed about this. And they should be.

Oh the irony is overwhelming

Please feel free to discuss how many times Poole have pulled a fast one.

Poole are the most disliked team in the league , due to the stunts they have pulled over the seasons and some of their fans failing to see this.

Correct what Swindon have done smacks of unfair play

But for so many years so many teams have put up with what Poole have done.......boots on the other foot now so lap it up.

As ive said please feel free to discuss all the things Poole have done then you may have an arguement

• Like 2

Poor old Kyle is on a loser here, score well he upsets Poole, score crap he gets accused of being bought, i know at the end of the day he should Just go out and earn some dosh, but this episode is dodgy.

• Like 1

So BWD scores paid 10 from 4 one day but is injured the next and Poole fans think they'e stronger for it? Yet when Dakota North was totally off form but went AWOL it was all OK? Poole have been fiddling for years and if Swindon are doing the same then it's just karma.

But frankly, the idea that any team would need to cheat to win at Poole this season with their home form is laughable, it's as if Poole fans think they're an actual, credible threat. If Swindon were going to get a rider to miss for dodgy reasons it would be Bellego with his form, not BWD.

But they can't replace Bellego, only r/r.

Its not karma, its cheating and as you say, unnecessary. Swindon were more than capable of winning both legs.

So cheating like this just stinks the sport out.

Also, why Kyle can get some retribution, is one payday worth it? Matt Ford will not be impressed and while its an opportunity for Kyle to raise the middle finger after being dropped, further down the line such a booking could cost him more than he earns tonight.

• Like 1

I see SS is posting his usual fishing bull excretia and sob stories. :nono:

So BWD scores paid 10 from 4 one day but is injured the next and Poole fans think they'e stronger for it? Yet when Dakota North was totally off form but went AWOL it was all OK? Poole have been fiddling for years and if Swindon are doing the same then it's just karma.

But frankly, the idea that any team would need to cheat to win at Poole this season with their home form is laughable, it's as if Poole fans think they're an actual, credible threat. If Swindon were going to get a rider to miss for dodgy reasons it would be Bellego with his form, not BWD.

Nah, from what i remember Bellego is pretty good round Poole, they wouldn't want to risk that in case he has another good meeting here.

What makes this cheating move a real shame, is that if Swindon now go on to win the title, their title will be tarnished in many peoples eyes. There really was no need for it. Why couldn't Swindon use their own rider? This sore wrist is utter rubbish and everyone knows it.

Swindon desperate, or what?

Tarnished.......you mean like most of your titles.......please my sides are aching

Dakota North anyone????

Hans Andersen last season being replaced by a gp star???

Poole never do anything do they!!

Surely the funniest part of this is the irony displayed by Shovlar in every post he talks about cheating

• Like 1

That wasn't aimed at you.

I was suggesting another forum member became friends with BWD & shared his thoughts with him on there rather than on here.

Ah OK

Probably best to ignore the ginger one folks.

He knows Poole have done this umpteen times before (hell, they even tried in twice in the same tie last year), and is clearly trying for a bite with his faux outrage.

• Like 1

Jeez, this thread is full of Aussie speedway riders.

If BWD says he is unfit, he is unfit. Not for anyone else to say so or call it I'm afraid. It's called integrity and everyone thinks they have it, so let's give the boy the benefit of the doubt.

Definitely made my mind up to go seeing as we are up against it. Will need all the support we can. If we can get to 40 we have a chance in a fortnight.

PPF: where do you and the gang hang out? I'll pop over and have a chat.

Not going tonight.

Weather forecast is terrible plus I'm not going to stand there watching Newman spit in our faces for a couple of hundred pounds

I just said it sounds dodgy so agree in that respect. It's just slightly ironic that Poole fans are up in arms like this sort of tactic hasn't been used before. Have we forgotten about the attempted Lindback/Hans Anderson stunt from last year when the latter had miraculously returned from injury to ride in Poland before the 2nd leg?

Not true. Andersen attempted half a meeting and never rode again last year. Plenty of pics online of his broken hand. Lindback was no replacement for Andersen, as his score and no show showed.

This BWD move is just pure cheating, played out in front of a tv audience. I expect to see BWD there with his wrist bandaged and perhaps to convince even more, in a sling.

I see SS is posting his usual fishing bull excretia and sob stories. :nono:

Swindon cheating scum.