British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

If they can't get more than 500, then why bother, just flogging a dead horse, just pack up and do away with all the hassle.

I bet you wouldn't say that if you were one of that 500. I know I wouldn't. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 1

And of course the best way to get crowds flocking back to Workington is removing local hero Craig Cook and Thomas Jorgensen and making them sign utterly sub-standard junk the likes of Jakob Bukkhave and Coty Garcia, be lucky if they got 200.

extremely disrespectful of two decent performers - I suspect both are a better man than you

• Like 2

This Saturday Workington who are just about keeping their heads above the water and are desperate to get their crowds above 500 Yes 500 are having to race a home meeting with 2 top riders missing because they are representing other clubs in the elite league championship or whatever it's called these days . Do we really need to keep spelling it out for people to understand ??

:mad::nono:

And of course the best way to get crowds flocking back to Workington is removing local hero Craig Cook and Thomas Jorgensen and making them sign utterly sub-standard junk the likes of Jakob Bukkhave and Coty Garcia, be lucky if they got 200.

I "liked" this post apart from the description of Messrs Bukkhave and Garcia, which is deplorable - the sentiment of the remainder of the post is fine

• Like 1

I "liked" this post apart from the description of Messrs Bukkhave and Garcia, which is deplorable - the sentiment of the remainder of the post is fine

I agree with you.

I wouldn't haved 'Liked' the Post though.

I bet you wouldn't say that if you were one of that 500. I know I wouldn't. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sounds like you aren't the Promoter loosing a small fortune, but as long as you can watch your 15 heats at her expense, then that's ok.

Sounds like you aren't the Promoter loosing a small fortune, but as long as you can watch your 15 heats at her expense, then that's ok.

well yes but if 5/600 is the crowd levels in div 2 the costs need to be cut - amateur/semi pro riders.

You'd be surprised how popular a constant team line up would be also even without big names

Cook must be costing a bomb - the likes of Worky can't afford the likes of him

This Saturday Workington who are just about keeping their heads above the water and are desperate to get their crowds above 500 Yes 500 are having to race a home meeting with 2 top riders missing because they are representing other clubs in the elite league championship or whatever it's called these days . Do we really need to keep spelling it out for people to understand ??

The saddest thing though Dean is its mostly self inflicted nonsense like this that renders the Sport such a basket case in Britain..

The basis of this whole Forum appears to be thread after thread of discussions around ludicrous self inflicted nonsense......

The current situation the Sport finds itself in has been predicted time after time after time on here over the years, as more and more nonsensical unfit for purpose decisions got made, yet none of the contributors of the BSF would claim to be Nostradamusesque I would imagine..

Everyone could just see it was heading down the pan because it was all so bleeding obvious it couldn't end up any other way...

Yet amazingly, each AGM the Promoters, year on year, vote even more ludicrous self inflicted nonsense in to become their jointly owned operating model....

Best of luck to Workington (and other tracks who find themselves in the same situation) but let's be honest as the saying goes..

You couldnt make it up the way this Sport is ran could you..?

• Like 5

SPOKE to someone today who had a conversation with a prominent promoter. He said that he was disappointed at what I wrote in SS and wondered why I was always putting British speedway down. It is in fine shape he said. What planet are some of these guys on?

• Like 9

SPOKE to someone today who had a conversation with a prominent promoter. He said that he was disappointed at what I wrote in SS and wondered why I was always putting British speedway down. It is in fine shape he said. What planet are some of these guys on?

Unbelievable!!

Hell's Teeth!!!!

If that's the case - Speedway has no chance of a resurgence.

Didn't know that Saddam's spokesman from the last Gulf War has got involved with British Speedway..?

Comical Ali wasnt it?

"I tell you here and now, there are no coalition forces in Baghdad" was his line to the Worlds Press gathered about him. As 100 yards directly behind old 'Comical' rumbled 30 or so Coalition tanks heading directly towards him...😅

He could fit in nicely....😂

Edited by mikebv

I would love to think you were having us on... however I know better from personal experience.

• Like 1

it's reading things like this that makes me think there is no hope. 🙁
  • Like 2