British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

Well 3 of them anyway

much better than 6 or 7 Panthers have managed on more than a few occasions 😛
  • Like 1

I thought that they kept the issue quiet today and dealt with it quite well and respectfully (edit: of course when I posted this I hadn't read Panthers website which undoes all the good work as per usual). No histrionics or fanfare to match the usual excitable press release or other press. It appeared to be a good time to draw a line under this in many respects and put the fire out but I forgot about the resident looney with the petrol can!

I thought the same & yes it's time to move on.
  • Like 1

He shouldn't have been at the Masters. He is a speedway rider, he has a contract to ride speedway. So why is he swanning off to ride around a field with amateurs and why are Peterborough getting a facility if he is?

Where do we draw the line? It's bad enough imo you get a facility for longtrack but grasstrack? Ffs.

Don't kill the messenger....

It was announced at Peterborough today that Chris was forced to ride in the Masters by the ACU in order to qualify to be a long track rider next year.

I have a vague recollection about long trackers having to take part in a minimum number of international events and the Masters counts.

Offer Jack Holder what he wants for next year.

An absolute joy to watch.

Especially the foot stamping when he was beaten into 3rd place in heat 15.

According to the Panthers Twitter page its R/R for Harris, I don`t think he rode in the British Masters today, I`ve seen no injury from last nights meeting at Workington.

This is a very good example of the cr4p that pollutes far too much of this forum.

It happens all the time; somebody makes a comment based purely on guesswork/wishful thinking - often falling into the trap of fueling their own pet grievances or bias towards/against a particular team. And then other numpties gleefully pick up the baton and run with it. Next thing you know, it's being treated as gospel truth by the numpty-club. :rolleyes:

Luckily, cityrebel was on hand to torpedo this particular bit of nonsense. :t:

• Like 4

It was announced at Peterborough today that Chris was forced to ride in the Masters by the ACU in order to qualify to be a long track rider next year.

I have a vague recollection about long trackers having to take part in a minimum number of international events and the Masters counts.

Not to mention getting Proctor excluded when he 'persuaded' him to visit the fence.

He did indeed, though IMO he should be riding for Peterborough this evening.

Shame on you for not having the good grace to apologise for your earlier comment about Bomber, or at least to withdraw it.

• Like 1

I thought the same & yes it's time to move on.

With or without the crap news item on the website.

GPWM.

But coming up with facts and the truth won't make you popular with the numpty-club!

Edited by PE7Panther

Ultimately the ACU are the higher authority so if they rule that the grasstrack has priority then the grasstrack has priority.

• Like 1

Ultimately the ACU are the higher authority so if they rule that the grasstrack has priority then the grasstrack has priority.

So along with Poland, another reason to avoid Sundays or employing riders with ambition.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

But for the only proper explanation to be given at the meeting today at Peterborough over the tannoy in a noisy stadium is less than ideal. I thought that was what the club website was for, before the meeting.

Oh, and the absence of 2 Workington riders due to injury, albeit from a meeting held last night, might have been nice to know about before the meeting.

• Like 2

Not to mention getting Proctor excluded when he 'persuaded' him to visit the fence.

Absolute nonsense. Proctor was rightfully excluded.

I don't think he was too pleased with Cook blatantly turning left on him coming out of bend 4.
  • Like 2

I don't doubt that, but why should Peterborough gets faciltiy? Last week the rules said Robert Lambert had to ride in Poland but has he ridden in Poland then Newcastle would have got no facility because the rules didn't allow it. How is this situation different? Rules conflicting.

Peterborough should not have had a facility.

Shame on you for not having the good grace to apologise for your earlier comment about Bomber, or at least to withdraw it.

TBF, the updates on the Facebook grasstrack group don't mention Harris in any of the results.