British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Rubbish stirring don't what your on about. Smith may have the edge but it's marginal only about half a point different on NL averages, Greaves is better than either of them in my opinion so won't make much difference.

Have you ever seen Shuttleworth ride or seen Smith at the NSS the last few weeks, he has noticeably improved? I agree that neither may score points at Monmore but Smith is undoubtedly the better of the two at the NSS. When Wolves last visited the NSS Smith and Greaves beat each other once. My guess is that Smith is worth 2-5 points on recent form. I shall be pleasantly surprised if Shuttleworth matches that.

Have you ever seen Shuttleworth ride or seen Smith at the NSS the last few weeks, he has noticeably improved? I agree that neither may score points at Monmore but Smith is undoubtedly the better of the two at the NSS. When Wolves last visited the NSS Smith and Greaves beat each other once. My guess is that Smith is worth 2-5 points on recent form. I shall be pleasantly surprised if Shuttleworth matches that.

For Wolves, heat 2 is a quandary. I don't think Mark Riss has ridden NSS before, so how will he take to it ?

Bjerre had been consistent home and away all season, so It think those comments were tongue on cheek.

I've heard the comments about him in the past from fans of his previous clubs. You're spot on though, he's been very consistent in 2017. Has been way better than I expected.

We should be in for two brilliant matches, win or lose, can't wait. No excuses.

Edited by mikec

Fair enough, no of course i haven't seen either at the NSS recently and it is unfortunate Smith is injured, Can't really see it will make much difference in the tie as a whole,one thing is for certain Bewley is by far the best reserve at the NSS and pretty good at Wolves too.

For Wolves, heat 2 is a quandary. I don't think Mark Riss has ridden NSS before, so how will he take to it ?

I can't recall him riding at the NSS but most riders seem able to adapt to the track. In the Premiership and Championship he and Bewley have similar averages but providing Bewley is match fit I expect (hope) his home track knowledge will give him the edge.

Edited by Aces51

I can't recall him riding at the NSS but most riders seem able to adapt to the track. In the Premiership and Championship he and Bewley have similar averages but providing Bewley is match fit I expect (hope) his home track knowledge will give him the edge.

At the start of the season I had never heard of Bewley. Now having seen him in action, I have to go with the consensus, he is quite a talent.

• Like 1

Greaves seems to be in good form & confident at the minute, realistically I would have expected him to have the beating of Smith or Shuttleworth right now anyway. Happy to be proven wrong. Earlier in the season I'd have taken Smith to beat Greaves.

Greaves has an average of 2.54 compared to a 2 of Smith and has really improved as the season has gone on. Smith is more than capable of the odd scalp at the that's true tho.

shuttleworth isn't as good but has plenty of experience of the NSS at least.

I see I've been banned from the wolves Facebook page for having too much fun

again, ha ha!

Name checked and brum liked it lol!

And outed.

But not missed.

again, ha ha!

Really just feel quite sorry for you. Sad that a grown man's entertainment is goading people to react.

Whatever floats your boat I guess...

again, ha ha!

Really just feel quite sorry for you. Sad that a grown man's entertainment is goading people to react.

Whatever floats your boat I guess...

• Like 1

Quite well I would think, just feel the track will suit his style. As for Greaves I didn't think he would amount to much but I was wrong hes really improved this season and is also scoring good points for Ipswich so fair play to him. Always good to see a young English rider show improvement, as long as he dosent continue it tonight :lol:

• Like 1

Pardon?

Your most popular thread since the last time I was banned. On the other hand fund raising for greaves hardly gets a reply. Oh dear. What is sad is wolves fans prefer arguing and manic fist pumping celebrations when a rider crashes than rallying to support a young Brit.

At least it took your mind off posting childish insults about Cook.

Yawn, the trolling continues.

Resorting to using fake or other peoples facebook accounts to create a reaction, have you nothing better to do with your life?

Now, would you kindly not ruin this thread with your pathetic inane childishness, the rest of both Wolves and Aces fans are looking forward to a cracking play-off tie, may the best team win.

• Like 1

BBC seems to have changed its forcast.Now say's rain to start at 3 o,clock and to continue until 11 o, clock.They have known to be wrong though.

BBC seems to have changed its forcast.Now say's rain to start at 3 o,clock and to continue until 11 o, clock.They have known to be wrong though.

BBC completely different to other forecasts, I'm sure they do it on purpose try and be depressing. Basically there is a 25% chance of a small shower between 3pm and 7pm. They are only small showers they could completely miss, it's not solid rain like the BBC website shows.

How is Dan Bewley after injury? Raced any meeting at all?

Not raced but he did several laps practising at Belle Vue on Saturday after the meeting.

• Like 1

Do we have any knowledge of potential restaging dates at this stage if the worst happened with the weather?