British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Ok so positives and negatives as a BV fan from the meeting...

Positives - the reserves - absolutely fantastic the pair of them. Dan has been a sensation all season but heat 12 tonight... Wow. Jack has shown massive improvement in the second half of the season and scored in all 3 rides tonight.

Team spirit - excellent. Heads never dropped. All riders did a decent to good job tonight.

Negatives - very nasty accident. Lindgren season could be over. Bjerre and cook were both lucky it wasn't worse for them.

Bad luck - Tungates ef in heat 9 and/or the referees incompetence has cost us a place in the final (Disgraceful decision to exclude KB).

Our slow start. That, combined with the 13 point deficit killed us. Had to be "at it" from heat 1 and we weren't till about heat 5 or 6.

Bottle and can thrown at wolves riders after heats 14 and 15. Came from the same area of South stand. Disgraceful behaviour to be honest from at least 1 BV "fan".

Must be a pretty weird feeling for a wolves fan tonight. Through to the final but without Freddie can't see them getting close to Swindon... Certainly taken the gloss off. Hoping Freddie isn't too badly injured. Signing out...

Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 3

Wtf was lindgren doing. Idiot

NB NO cheering from aces fans

Lindgren looks a bit 2nd hand walking back to the pits, idiot.

Only a minority and after he had walked back unaided to the pits.

No cheering at all when he caused the crash unlike wolves fans on Monday.

Kenny wasn't best pleased with the idiot either.

Said all along rider safety far more important than the result.

Gloating with two wolves riders injured would be weird but you wolves fans even cheer crashes?

Enjoy the final.

That 1 point difference, if BV had a team manager who was actual capable of managing them they'd have won. Why was Cook used against Lindgren? Why was Worrall sent out so soon after a bad ride? Had he just swapped Cook and Worralls r/r rides around then it would have been the difference.

Lemon just seems to constantly miss the obvious and make tactical blunders. If he's not making the best tactical moves he's not appealing when clubs break the rules against BV.

In any other sport Lemon would be sacked. Mind you, this is speedway, all other options for team manager are at least equally as inept.

Pretty clear Mr Flange wasn't at the meeting or he's lying again.

On the back straight some arguments broke out precisely because some Belle Vue muppets cheered when Lindgren crashed and a couple continued to hurl abuse as he was lay prone on the track... there then proceeded to be loud boo's when a clearly injured Lindgren walked back to the pits followed by the utterly classless roar when it was announced he was withdrawn from the meeting.

The first 'throwing' incident occurred after Schlein had won Heat 14 when a can of beer was hurled at his as he rode by on the victory lap. This was repeated in Heat 15 when a bottle was thrown at Masters & Schlein. Schlein proceeded to pick up the bottle and pretend to take a celebratory drink. Cue a string of abuse, to which Schlein appeared to give some back. Not entirely sure about the claims of someone being 'ejected' as the stewards nearest to us were stood around watching. Plus it happened twice. If the culprit/s was/were identified hopefully they will be banned.

I must add though there were some decent Aces fans there and commiserations to them, a gut wrenching way to lose.

Dan Bewley was fantastic, making many of the relatively few passes on the night, although a couple of times he was aided by poor lines taken by Wolves riders on the final bends. Take nothing away though, he made moves both inside and out.

As for the Lindgren/Bjerre crash, tough one to call, Lindgren certainly swept across into the corner to cover the inside, at which point Bjerre rode into him. He wasn't behind at that point though as he had come completely across. I'll admit the call could have gone either way bit it is usually the case that the rider on the inside gets excluded in such incidents, if you're going to charge up the inside as Bjerre was you need to be sure you've got the drop on the other rider, even when you have and your back wheel catches their front wheel we often see the inside rider excluded. I can understand the Aces fans frustration at the decision.

Interesting SCB mentions the RR decisions of Lemon. In Heat 3 it was announced that Craig Cook was the RR, shortly followed by the Wolves announcement of Kyle Howarth. Just after this it was then announced Belle Vue had changed their mind and put Worrall in instead.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention Jack Smith, rode his heart out tonight, seems to be making great progress.

As for Wolves, we've made the final but as the poster above says.. it feels pretty hollow as without Lindgren we have pretty much no chance.

Edited by BWitcher

Totally gutted to get so close i said earlier i thought Lindgren would go through the card and up until the accident he looked the class act that he is, not being biased i think the ref got the call wrong but hey ho, if Lindgren had not been injured we wouldnt have had that oppertunity in the last two races. Never been a fan of Tungate from the day he was brought in, he was woeful at Wolves and never delivered what he was brought in to do at home. Cook is not in Lindgrens class and will be embarrassed in a full GP season, even when getting a flyer Freddie made light work of him. Hope Freddie is ok after his knock, whereas Doyle has been riding within himself no doubt with one eye on the GP which is understandable Freddie has never given Wolves anything less than 100% reminds me of Crumpie in that sense. As for the morons throwing beer cans total disgrace and have dragged the name of our club through the mud, totally inexcusable. If Freddie is out for the final what are Wolves options? Whatever they are no one is going to be able to match Lindgrens scoring and with Thorssell also out the door is wide open for Swindon. Belle Vue need to freshen things up next season things just feel a bit stale at the moment. The last three seasons the first leg has cost us as we have choked each time, Cook, Bjerre, and Tungate scoring a total of 11 at Monmore did for us. Hope the racing is good over the two legs of the final.

• Like 6

If belle vue didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all. Tungate e/f when 2nd changing a 3/3 to a 2/4

I have 0 sympathy after Monday. If Belle Vue had signed a rider who can control a Speedway bike rather than simply chasing dirt in hope of drive as Tungate does. Thorsell wouldn't have a broken vertebrae. The meeting would have been over by heat 10 tonight. I have not seen tonight's meeting so can only comment on what others have posted. Lindgren probably wouldn't have felt under as much pressure to score heavy, so probably wouldn't have made a mistake that took other riders down. He is not a dangerous rider generally. He had his moments in his youth.

I never Wolves want to win the league again, but after Tungate's actions Monday I didn't want BV to win either. Now I have sympathy for Wolves & I pretty much hate Rosco.

Why can't Leicester win the league.

• Like 1

Pretty clear Mr Flange wasn't at the meeting or he's lying again.

On the back straight some arguments broke out precisely because some Belle Vue muppets cheered when Lindgren crashed and a couple continued to hurl abuse as he was lay prone on the track... there then proceeded to be loud boo's when a clearly injured Lindgren walked back to the pits followed by the utterly classless roar when it was announced he was withdrawn

I'll go with both. Neither there and or lying. As per usual.

How many more meetings do we have to suffer from the despicable actions of a vile section of Aces supporters? Totally disgraceful behaviour yet again.

Seen better behaviour from neanderthals.

Well done to the officials for that.

There's nothing wrong with pantomime booing, if it's just that. Andreas Jonsson always looked very bemused when booed riding for Coventry at Wolves.

I boo every time I see Nicki Pedersen on the TV. I had to endure a flight to Croatia sat next to him a few years ago. I elbowed him allot :)

Well done Wolves ..yet again the Belle vue fans let there team down during and after the match by all accounts ...why not lose with good grace for a change ?

Don't tar us all with the same brush Orion. That's a pretty lazy post.

There were 'fans' who got carried away after 13,either in the heat of the moment, or were just stupid. Liked Schlein's reaction to the fool who chucked the bottle. Whoever threw it should be banned.

Edited by mikec

Congratulations to Wolves on a deserved win over the two legs and I hope that Lindgren isn't too badly hurt and is able to take his place in the final.

My view of the Lindgren crash was that Bjerre was on the inside and ahead entering bend 3, Lindgren was alongside him and moved left into Bjerre. I couldn't see if he locked up or just turned into Bjerre. Cook was taking a wider line and was fortunate not to get caught up in it as Lindgren careered across the track. Lindgren looked very shaken as he walked back to the pits and although there were a few boos the overwhelming majority of fans were clapping him.

The what ifs, for Wolves if Lindgren had been able to take his last two rides, for the Aces, Tungate's engine failure when second, Bjerre's exclusion and r/r for Fricke scoring only 8 when he would probably have got at least a couple more. R/r for Thorssell got 8 which is probably what he would have scored.

However, what ifs are exactly that and despite the defeat it was an enjoyable match not spoiled by a very few idiots who childishly booed every Wolves rider. Every rider on both teams gave 100%, there was some decent races and a good atmosphere.

We've still got the KO Cup final to come. The Colts are in the play offs and our last three seasons have been excellent compared to our recent history. With the likes of Bewley and Smith in the pipeline our day will come. Nothing to get too despondent about, I drove passed the canal without even thinking about jumping in, well perhaps I did just for a second or two. :lol:

I'll go with both. Neither there and or lying. As per usual.

How many more meetings do we have to suffer from the despicable actions of a vile section of Aces supporters? Totally disgraceful behaviour yet again.

Seen better behaviour from neanderthals.

We you there Steve? Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Hey flange disgraceful antics from your rent a mob for play offs football fans booing all night and throwing can and bottle at wolves riders and I thought Cradley fans were bad.At least you can hop back on your perch now blah blah blah.

On the back straight some arguments broke out precisely because some Belle Vue muppets cheered when Lindgren crashed and a couple continued to hurl abuse as he was lay prone on the track... there then proceeded to be loud boo's when a clearly injured Lindgren walked back to the pits followed by the utterly classless roar when it was announced he was withdrawn from the meeting.

The first 'throwing' incident occurred after Schlein had won Heat 14 when a can of beer was hurled at his as he rode by on the victory lap. This was repeated in Heat 15 when a bottle was thrown at Masters & Schlein. Schlein proceeded to pick up the bottle and pretend to take a celebratory drink. Cue a string of abuse, to which Schlein appeared to give some back. Not entirely sure about the claims of someone being 'ejected' as the stewards nearest to us were stood around watching. Plus it happened twice. If the culprit/s was/were identified hopefully they will be banned.

As for Wolves, we've made the final but as the poster above says.. it feels pretty hollow as without Lindgren we have pretty much no chance.

Oh dear, there does seem to be a lot a do about nothing. Why do some fans have to let there club down... They are not fans just louts.

Congratulations to Wolves on a deserved win over the two legs and I hope that Lindgren isn't too badly hurt and is able to take his place in the final.

My view of the Lindgren crash was that Bjerre was on the inside and ahead entering bend 3, Lindgren was alongside him and moved left into Bjerre. I couldn't see if he locked up or just turned into Bjerre. Cook was taking a wider line and was fortunate not to get caught up in it as Lindgren careered across the track. Lindgren looked very shaken as he walked back to the pits and although there were a few boos the overwhelming majority of fans were clapping him.

The what ifs, for Wolves if Lindgren had been able to take his last two rides, for the Aces, Tungate's engine failure when second, Bjerre's exclusion and r/r for Fricke scoring only 8 when he would probably have got at least a couple more. R/r for Thorssell got 8 which is probably what he would have scored.

However, what ifs are exactly that and despite the defeat it was an enjoyable match not spoiled by a very few idiots who childishly booed every Wolves rider. Every rider on both teams gave 100%, there was some decent races and a good atmosphere.

We've still got the KO Cup final to come. The Colts are in the play offs and our last three seasons have been excellent compared to our recent history. With the likes of Bewley and Smith in the pipeline our day will come. Nothing to get too despondent about, I drove passed the canal without even thinking about jumping in, well perhaps I did just for a second or two. :lol:

Make the most of speedway in this country, Because in 5 years time you will only have the clubs you have now.

• Like 1

Make the most of speedway in this country, Because in 5 years time you will only have the clubs you have now.

Wise words, make the most of it.. because Starman predicts, in five years time, oh wait....

Seriously, don't think you quite got over what you were trying to say there Starman?

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Wise words, make the most of it.. because Starman predicts, in five years time, oh wait....

Seriously, don't think you quite got over what you were trying to say there Starman?

I'l try again shal i. Speedway is in dire trouble in this country. Eventually it will all be semi pro. Hope thats better..

Edited by Starman2006

Sounds like a bit of a night in Manchester, hopefully Lindgren will be ok to take his place in the Final and the bottle/can throwing numpties found, dealt with, then reported to the authorities as those kind of supporters we dont need in speedway than you very much.

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't mind a bit of hostility in speedway. Ofcourse there are limits like throwing cans at riders and cheering when a rider falls. That over steps the mark massively!

But what's a matter with booing? Jesus, its not a mauge or a wake we are going too? Look at the polish fans, have there own chants for the riders, where majority of our fans still wave there clipboards with 5-1 on the back of it.....

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

I'l try again shal i. Speedway is in dire trouble in this country. Eventually it will all be semi pro. Hope thats better..

Glad you tried again as your previous post made no sense.