British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Beer can thrown at masters/Schlein after heat 15. Classy.

Shocking behaviour.

Who would waste a can on those two?

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't mind a bit of hostility in speedway. Ofcourse there are limits like throwing cans at riders and cheering when a rider falls. That over steps the mark massively!

But what's a matter with booing? Jesus, its not a mauge or a wake we are going too? Look at the polish fans, have there own chants for the riders, where majority of our fans still wave there clipboards with 5-1 on the back of it.....

Also yet to see armed police patrolling a British speedway crowd.

More class shown from Belle Vue regarding Freddie's injury around 6:30 minutes in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHRvjvdA6ic

Even Mark Lemon applauds Bjerre's remarks.

Very classy. Let's hope Bjerre doesn't end up in a crash anytime soon either. Not to mention massively hypocritical when a Belle Vue rider put Jacob in hospital only a few days earlier due to having 0 control of his bike.

• Like 1

Ok so positives and negatives as a BV fan from the meeting...

Positives - the reserves - absolutely fantastic the pair of them. Dan has been a sensation all season but heat 12 tonight... Wow. Jack has shown massive improvement in the second half of the season and scored in all 3 rides tonight.

Team spirit - excellent. Heads never dropped. All riders did a decent to good job tonight.

Negatives - very nasty accident. Lindgren season could be over. Bjerre and cook were both lucky it wasn't worse for them.

Bad luck - Tungates ef in heat 9 and/or the referees incompetence has cost us a place in the final (Disgraceful decision to exclude KB).

Our slow start. That, combined with the 13 point deficit killed us. Had to be "at it" from heat 1 and we weren't till about heat 5 or 6.

Bottle and can thrown at wolves riders after heats 14 and 15. Came from the same area of South stand. Disgraceful behaviour to be honest from at least 1 BV "fan".

Must be a pretty weird feeling for a wolves fan tonight. Through to the final but without Freddie can't see them getting close to Swindon... Certainly taken the gloss off. Hoping Freddie isn't too badly injured. Signing out...

Ok so positives and negatives as a BV fan from the meeting...

Positives - the reserves - absolutely fantastic the pair of them. Dan has been a sensation all season but heat 12 tonight... Wow. Jack has shown massive improvement in the second half of the season and scored in all 3 rides tonight.

Team spirit - excellent. Heads never dropped. All riders did a decent to good job tonight.

Negatives - very nasty accident. Lindgren season could be over. Bjerre and cook were both lucky it wasn't worse for them.

Bad luck - Tungates ef in heat 9 and/or the referees incompetence has cost us a place in the final (Disgraceful decision to exclude KB).

Our slow start. That, combined with the 13 point deficit killed us. Had to be "at it" from heat 1 and we weren't till about heat 5 or 6.

Bottle and can thrown at wolves riders after heats 14 and 15. Came from the same area of South stand. Disgraceful behaviour to be honest from at least 1 BV "fan".

Must be a pretty weird feeling for a wolves fan tonight. Through to the final but without Freddie can't see them getting close to Swindon... Certainly taken the gloss off. Hoping Freddie isn't too badly injured. Signing out...

Great post ! ,

Booing!!!!!

Seems as though it is either good or bad! Not so, it depends on circumstances.

The pantomine booing of riders on parade has nothing wrong with it at all, adds to the atmosphere and is all good fun, think Nicki Pedersen at Cardiff, but were it does become unacceptable is when riders are injured, even to the extent of being booed whilst lying on the track?????????????? What is up with these people. I am always glad when someone walks away from a crash!

Good to hear it was a big crowd last night, if the product is good enough and you cant get it for free on the TV then crowds will increase. Its not rocket science. (although it probably is for the BSPA)

First things first . Sincerely hope Freddie is ok , one of the few genuine world class riders still riding in this joke league

Also well done to Wolves , deserved winners over 2 legs

But some of the posts on here regarding Aces fans are ridiculous , IMO we have some of the best fans in the league

So please don't tar us all with the same brush as a bunch of neanderthals ,

• Like 1

First things first . Sincerely hope Freddie is ok , one of the few genuine world class riders still riding in this joke league

But some of the posts on here regarding Aces fans are ridiculous , IMO we have some of the best fans in the league

Well I think Poole fans are the best in the league!

Well thats your opinion , nothing wrong with that :wink::approve:

Edited by WestGorton1884

More class shown from Belle Vue regarding Freddie's injury around 6:30 minutes in -

Very classy. Let's hope Bjerre doesn't end up in a crash anytime soon either. Not to mention massively hypocritical when a Belle Vue rider put Jacob in hospital only a few days earlier due to having 0 control of his bike.

I watched that this morning. Interesting that Bjerre says that Lindgren turned left on him, which is how many of us saw the incident. Bjerre's last comment was that he was glad to have walked away uninjured and it was immediately after he said that, that everyone clapped. Nothing wrong with that at all. Bjerre then said he couldn't feel bad for Lindgren because it was his own fault. I think many of us might feel the same way soon after the event if someone had done something that so easily could have caused us serious injury. The clapping after that was because it was the end of his interview, just as everyone else was clapped when they had finished speaking.

• Like 1

More class shown from Belle Vue regarding Freddie's injury around 6:30 minutes in -

There was nothing wrong with what he said - he said it was a shame that he was injured and well placed in the SGPs but that the crash was his own fault so he can't feel bad about it (the crash - not the fact that Freddie was injured). I think you may be a bit touchy having just scraped into the final and looking like your top two will be out.

With regards to the Tungate incident, as many people have said it was 50/50 - some people thought Thorsell was at fault and some thought Tungate so I don't think anyone is being massively hypocritical at all!

Just my opinion

This is the bit where fans from every team say their fans are the best. Trying to unbiased, I would say that Zummerzet fans can claim that one! Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Well, where do I start, I appreciate that the vast majority of Aces fans are a decent bunch but there was a fair amount of glory hunters there last night that were nothing short of disgraceful, throwing bottles on to the track, booing an injured rider walking back to the pits after a horrific accident then cheering when it's announced he had to withdraw from the meeting, and some people on here having said previously derogatory comments about our fans, well last night was much worse than anything I've witnessed at Monmore.

As for the heat 13 incident, I had a good view of it from the south terrace near bend 3. Bjerre and Freddie came down the back straight side by side with barely the width of a fag paper between them. Unless one of them backed out the result seemed inevitable but given the importance of the race neither was willing to do so.

From the angle I saw it Freddie was ever so slightly in front on turn 3 when Bjerre made contact with Freddies back wheel causing him to lock up and his bike went sideways and catapulted him off. When 2 riders make contact on a bend it is almost always the rider on the inside who is excluded so it really was no surprise and certainly not a disgraceful decision by the referee. Had he had more camera angles to look at I'm certain the result would have been the same

• Like 2

No one has made much of this never liked the guy but a big shout out to Rory Schlein after 3 poor races when the chips were down he kept his head and pulled off a great ride to win heat 14 and win the tie for Wolves.

So credit where credits due a very begrudged well done Mr Schlein.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

Shocking behaviour.

Who would waste a can on those two?

Sounds like it was a racist attack.

Lol!

You've done your sick injured rider points scoring (over lindgren of all riders, nice.) as a wind up and failed miserably and now it's back to personal insults, ha ha!

I see your loony uncle is making rubbish up as well, the crash will appear on youtube soon I'm sure. I'm surprised he didn't hear another comment about woofinden's dad again?

talking about making rubbish up, why do you have to constantly lie about Aces fans not booing last night? When hardened and proper Aces fans call for bans on those idiots you know it's true. Still, carry on with your fantasy stories as per usual.

some of the posts on here regarding Aces fans are ridiculous , IMO we have some of the best fans in the league

As I used the term I'm referring to the ones who booed constantly and cheered when Freddie was eithdrawn thru injury plus of course the back straight thugs who threw bottles at Wolves riders.

I've already made it clear I have great friendships which go back several seasons with Aces fans who are some of the most genuine and knowledgeable people I have the pleasure of calling friends.

So long as it's clear I'm referring to those neanderthals.

• Like 1

Belle Vue can claim decisions and bad luck that went against then,but when you look at Cook and Tungate 's performance at Monmore that's what cost them IMO .

• Like 1