British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Ipswich Cl Wed 13th Sept 2017@7-30pm

What is just as infuriating is that the original fixture was cancelled first thing on Sunday morning.

When the forecast was much better than it is today.

And on that original date we only had a shower later in the day when the racing would have been all but over.

Sometimes we keep digging a bigger and bigger hole for ourselves to clamber out from.

Promoters are scared of the riders these days,they know they will not ride if there is a cloud in the Sky.Espiecially aTeam with Schlien in it.
  • Like 1

Promoters are scared of the riders these days,they know they will not ride if there is a cloud in the Sky.Espiecially aTeam with Schlien in it.

You are probably right.

But here we are a couple of months later potentially facing up to the same issue.

No one wins, do they?

• Like 1

my goodness Rory getting some stick over wet weather!! As far as I'm aware (I accept I could be wrong) Rory hasn't refused to ride this season due to any reason, in fact probably been our most consistent rider over the season. Just tweeted a photo of him on a plane heading for Glasgow tonight.

my goodness Rory getting some stick over wet weather!! As far as I'm aware (I accept I could be wrong) Rory hasn't refused to ride this season due to any reason, in fact probably been our most consistent rider over the season. Just tweeted a photo of him on a plane heading for Glasgow tonight.

Maybe he hasn't refused to ride but certainly tried his best to get meeting cancelled IMO .Moaning Git in my book.

Maybe teams should try racing every week, instead of having loads of blank dates, which are normally during the summer, when it's best for speedway.

Maybe teams should be told to accept fixtures that they are offered.

Been dry all day and only had our first shower 15 mins ago which lasted only a few minutes the track needed it really still bright with the sun trying to breakthrough

Maybe he hasn't refused to ride but certainly tried his best to get meeting cancelled IMO .Moaning Git in my book.

Either a moaning git, or a sensible bloke that doesn't want to risk serious injury on a dangerous track. I wont go to speedway if there's a threat of rain, and I certainly would never blame a rider for not wanting race on a dangerous track, and let's face it, they don't come much more dangerous that the last one he questioned whether it was safe or not.

You will only get wet!! .There are times when a wet track is not a dangerous track IMO .

Very true, but I was referring to a very fast track which I certainly regard as dangerous when wet. Tracks like Eastbourne and the other small ones are just more awkward when wet, where generally a rider will just slip off as opposed to anything nasty.

Edited by spanner47
  • Like 1

The bikes can't be raced hard on a wet surface and if that cant be done then whats the point.

Well done Witches great result .

Fantastic result by the whole team, excellent guest in Mark Riss again.

take a bow ,, nathon greaves . pay cuts for the glasgow boys , kisses from louis for the witches boys .

i will take a pay cut any day !

well done the watches tonight . guess its going to be quiet on here for a wee while ..

OVERJOYED and off to bed ..

• Like 1

A wonderful night to be a speedway fan :-)

Tiggers, having been pumped by Sheffield, now find themselves being pumped by Ipswich and Mark Riss.

I feel so sorry for the Facenna brothers right now. Boo hoo, I could cry.

There is certainly some sort of issue for Tiggers right now, as they (or some of them) are being all too easily pumped these days.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We're certainly picking some decent guests (with the except of Kevin bloody Doolan). Normally finishing 2nd would mean we get the 2nd leg at home, but unless Glasgow ride us next Wednesday, I can't see us getting what we've earned,shame but that's the problem when you're a Thursday night club I suppose. Now we've just got to hope the mighty Sheffield go off the boil a bit. On current form either us or Sheffield will do the double.

Edited by spanner47