British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

*postponed* Scunthorpe Scorpions V Peterborough Panthers ( Knockout Cup) - Friday, September 22nd (7.30pm)

Will this meeting actually ever take place? Cancelling due to an iffy forecast is very dodgy

Guest Scunny2012

Cancelled because of the threat of rain what a joke are you sure Scunthorpe want to race and try to recover the 18 point deficit. Still waiting to use my rain off ticket from the previous attempt . Today is 22nd of September are you going to rearrange this meeting as at this rate it could be the Boxing day cup.

Scunthorpe should just concede the tie, (would they get fined) absolutely no hope of pulling the deficit back, bring the shutters down on a crap season and start afresh with a new look team next year

Will this meeting actually ever take place? Cancelling due to an iffy forecast is very dodgy

Sadly i don't think too many care anymore.

The more i see of speedway i can't see it lasting as a professional sport more than a few years and if the crowds drop much more each track will probably call and warn you if there is a chance of rain.

Edited by Hot Shoe

Sadly i don't think too many care anymore.

The more i see of speedway i can't see it lasting as a professional sport more than a few years and if the crowds drop much more each track will probably call and warn you if there is a chance of rain.

That will be a reverse charge call to cut the costs

• Like 1

Cancelled because of the threat of rain what a joke are you sure Scunthorpe want to race and try to recover the 18 point deficit. Still waiting to use my rain off ticket from the previous attempt . Today is 22nd of September are you going to rearrange this meeting as at this rate it could be the Boxing day cup.

Maybe you should have accepted previous dates?.. And what's a joke?

I bet Rob and the track staff could get the track race able but after last weeks shambles can't see the point of risking it again

Scunthorpe should just concede the tie, (would they get fined) absolutely no hope of pulling the deficit back, bring the shutters down on a crap season and start afresh with a new look team next year

Nah - it should be a coin toss 😛

Forecast of showers 4pm/5pm then cloudy

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/scunthorpe/dn16-1/hourly-weather-forecast/329904?hour=18

Rainfall radar has rain at 5pm

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/gcx8c5kxh#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1506052800

and it is here now.

Panthers fans, by all means you could have set off at between 4 & 5 as it is 2 hours away up the A1 or A15, got to about 20-25 miles away & it starts raining. What would you do? Take a chance & carry on?

As has been posted, we took a chance last week, waited around 1hr 20min for racing to start so we could be used to wet conditions. If we raced and were 40-20 up by heat 10 & drizzle started falling making the racing more difficult, what would be the decision of your riders & management then after what happened in the first attempt back in June.

• Like 1

You sound like a tosser from Abywristworth

Where is that, must be local to Peeterbrar eh!

I'm in York and am very grateful to Mr Godfrey for saving me a wasted journey.

How about some Peterborough fans thanking Mr Godfrey too.

• Like 3

You sound like a tosser from Abywristworth

They asked Ged to supply the coin but he only had a wad of Polish Zloty to hand 😆😜
  • Like 2

What's the weather doing then?

Seems all to flimsy for me.

Godfrey wanted the fans to flock out for a Friday meeting to see if worth while next season, can guess the meeting will be rearranged for when we could be weakened instead of full strength.

BSPA should force this meeting through as the cup isn't anywhere near a conclusion

What's the weather doing then?

Seems all to flimsy for me.

Godfrey wanted the fans to flock out for a Friday meeting to see if worth while next season, can guess the meeting will be rearranged for when we could be weakened instead of full strength.

BSPA should force this meeting through as the cup isn't anywhere near a conclusion

It's a wet..awfull miserable evening....right call made