British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Sheffield V Glasgow Po Semi-final 21 Sep

So another rider who is only going through the motions , team spirit at Glasgow must be at an all time low if true and I have no reason to doubt this.

Why has this happened must be the question and who is responsible, the fans have turned out in very large numbers all season and deserve much better than what they are getting.

This the best you can do this sport is for boring people who don't get out much and have a confidence issue ring any bells.

Id probably say there is to much pressure put on all riders from the Glasgow promotion.

Bewley wont go through the motions though id imagine. Its a hard track to come back to. He should do alot better tonight, Monday and Tuesday

So another rider who is only going through the motions , team spirit at Glasgow must be at an all time low if true and I have no reason to doubt this.

Why has this happened must be the question and who is responsible, the fans have turned out in very large numbers all season and deserve much better than what they are getting.

Indeed, you do wonder. Some fans keep mentioning something that happened at Berwick as being the time things started to go pear shaped. If so what did the management and riders do to sort it out. The facennas seem to be decent people but if we don't win the cup and I can't see how we will, there could be a big clear out and I don't just mean riders

Id probably say there is to much pressure put on all riders from the Glasgow promotion.

Bewley wont go through the motions though id imagine. Its a hard track to come back to. He should do alot better tonight, Monday and Tuesday

lets hope dan has a day foo on saturday .

kids come back from an injury , give him time .

• Like 1

IMO, for what it's worth, the Yorkshire Tigers have hit form and are the very top of their game at the right time

It will take a mammoth effort from anyone to overturn them

I can't talk about last night but I know our guys tried their hearts out last week but the Tigers were a gear above and highly motivated

The title is Sheffields for finishing top but the trophy is theirs to lose

Indeed, you do wonder. Some fans keep mentioning something that happened at Berwick as being the time things started to go pear shaped. If so what did the management and riders do to sort it out. The facennas seem to be decent people but if we don't win the cup and I can't see how we will, there could be a big clear out and I don't just mean riders

Perhaps thats what it needs. Nothing stays the same forever.

When your top 2 riders hate each other and at Berwick got into a fight then that must upset moral.

Also when you have spent that much money into your club other fans, clubs, riders envy you, that then turns to hate, meaning every match against Glasgow is like a final to other teams so they will always up your game against you

Edited by Phil The Ace

When your top 2 riders hate each other and at Berwick got into a fight then that must upset moral.

Also when you have spent that much money into your club other fans, clubs, riders envy you, that then turns to hate, meaning every match against Glasgow is like a final to other teams so they will always up your game against you

Thats the thing though, most of the money has gone on the stadium, which isnt just used for speedway. We built a team to the same points limit as everyone else. Part of the issue is the rampant PR machine which greatly increases the expectations of home fans whilst getting the backs up of the visitors making them more determined to ram it down our throats.

It is what it is though. Its still a pleasure to turn out at a superb venue every week. This time three years ago we were bust. Since then we've made the play offs each year though admittedly this year has been the poorest. Still it could be worse, we could have accepted the invite to join the big league for 2017.

• Like 8

When your top 2 riders hate each other

It does seem quite petty though and a bit unprofessional, you would think they should just have shaken hands and got on with the job.

It does seem quite petty though and a bit unprofessional, you would think they should just have shaken hands and got on with the job.

That's what the management should be sorting

• Like 3

Great performance from 1-7,Josh Bates was class.We now need a strong start to the return leg and hopefully no injuries.Glad to see Todd back and straight back into it.When riders return after injury you never know if they will get back into the groove or struggle luckily he was on it even though he didn't take his last ride.Well done to all the lads last night keep the run going.Did I hear right that we have Redcar at home next Thursday as website says Ipswich next up the week after ?

Thought I heard the Redcar next Thursday announcement. Clarification from management would be appreciated.

Thought I heard the Redcar next Thursday announcement. Clarification from management would be appreciated.

They definitely said last night that it's Redcar next Thursday. Guessing it could change though depending what happens with the play-off second legs.

Bewley should never been riding should have been told prove your fitness in a Belle Vue match not a semi final

Ours is a semi final too :lol:

Phil The Ace, on 22 Sept 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:snapback.png

When your top 2 riders hate each other

From the outside looking in, and in my own humble opinion - it should have either have been sorted out that night back at Berwick, or a change / changes made to the team as soon as possible after the event/incident. The collective is more important than individuals. And as we have now painfully found out, it's not how you start the season - it's how you finish it!

Indeed. That's exactly what I was getting at.