British Speedway Forum
dantodan

1st October 2017 Newcastle Diamonds V Workington Comets Championship

Steve

apologies for the rant

but my reply still stands ........... common sense is in very short supply from the ruling bodies ... whether it be the bspa, fim or whovever

i feel heartily sorry for the likes of george and alan who have to try and work with other promoters who are more obsessed with what suits them rather the greater good of the sport

All my point was, you said that it was a BSPA ruling, and I was just pointing out that it wasn't. In fact the BSPA wanted to help us, but couldn't due, to the rules of a 'higher authority.' Maybe it will be on the agenda of this years AGM to change that?

The BSPA have a 25% input into the decisions of the ISLB, so not totally innocent.

The BSPA have a 25% input into the decisions of the ISLB, so not totally innocent.

Unfortunately, 75% will always beat 25% !!

As I hinted at earlier, maybe this will help in big changes at the AGM, where, at least in these circumstances, common sense (which, as maugher65 says is sadly lacking) can prevail?

• Like 1

Steve

apologies for the rant

but my reply still stands ........... common sense is in very short supply from the ruling bodies ... whether it be the bspa, fim or whovever

i feel heartily sorry for the likes of george and alan who have to try and work with other promoters who are more obsessed with what suits them rather the greater good of the sport

Nail on head.... (on both counts, so, two nails on two heads!!)

Unfortunately, 75% will always beat 25% !!

As I hinted at earlier, maybe this will help in big changes at the AGM, where, at least in these circumstances, common sense (which, as maugher65 says is sadly lacking) can prevail?

It hasn't over the last few years, why should it now?

You mention common sense - well we can only wait and see. The evidence of History doesn't exactly encourage thoughts of a successful outcome - or common sense.

any rider averaging over 8 is not allowed in the championship . time to build up the premier league with one lot of riders no more double down for the big guns .

throw away the rule book and have a 2 page book of rules that EVERYONE can understand . get rid of vatcher,van strap on and a few others that are creaming it .

there , sorted .

any rider averaging over 8 is not allowed in the championship . time to build up the premier league with one lot of riders no more double down for the big guns .throw away the rule book and have a 2 page book of rules that EVERYONE can understand . get rid of vatcher,van strap on and a few others that are creaming it .there , sorted .

a 2 page rule book ???

surely that must be 1 page for the rules and, the other 1 left blank to make new ones up.

• Like 1

no , there will be 4 pages , got to use both side and cut down on the expence of it all .

first page for rules and the next 2,3,4 pages for the twisting of the new rules .

Yes I am & I hope that this is the last time for this farce, I also hold the factor that we now are looking low on dates for all fixtures to be completed before the end of the season at the promotions door, as there is at least two fixtures they chose not to run one being the Newcastle United promoted, and the other Cardiff weekend so sorry but they now have to suffer the consequences IMO.

Can't agree with that that I'm afraid. It wasn't simply the fact that they chose not to run. It was more a case of being short of the necessary staff to be able to run, due to the volunteers (upon which the club depends, and without which there simply wouldn't be speedway at Newcastle) either deciding to celebrate Newcastle's promotion or being at Cardiff and therefore being unable to fulfil there normal duties.

I, for one, am grateful to them for the work they do and this is by no means a criticism of them. The alternative being to employ people to do the job they do and, almost certainly, put the entry cost out of reach for most.

The promotion chose not to run because they couldn't guarantee there being enough staff on duty to SAFELY run a meeting.

(And I'm not a volunteer).

• Like 2

Can't agree with that that I'm afraid. It wasn't simply the fact that they chose not to run. It was more a case of being short of the necessary staff to be able to run, due to the volunteers (upon which the club depends, and without which there simply wouldn't be speedway at Newcastle) either deciding to celebrate Newcastle's promotion or being at Cardiff and therefore being unable to fulfil there normal duties.

I, for one, am grateful to them for the work they do and this is by no means a criticism of them. The alternative being to employ people to do the job they do and, almost certainly, put the entry cost out of reach for most.

The promotion chose not to run because they couldn't guarantee there being enough staff on duty to SAFELY run a meeting.

(And I'm not a volunteer).

Well I respect your opinion and take your view however you would not get the football bowing down to the speedway, so either they could of gone for a 7.30 time for both dates or run on a Monday.

So I stand by my post and once again down to the promotion they made a decision that now could come back and bite them on the arse!

• Like 1

Well I respect your opinion and take your view however you would not get the football bowing down to the speedway, so either they could of gone for a 7.30 time for both dates or run on a Monday.

So I stand by my post and once again down to the promotion they made a decision that now could come back and bite them on the arse!

And lost God knows how much in reduced revenue. Yep, as always, never seeing the 'bigger picture."

Also, the Monday after Cardiff we would have been without Stevie Worrall, Robert Lambert and Lewis Rose, so yeah, cracking idea.

And lost God knows how much in reduced revenue. Yep, as always, never seeing the 'bigger picture."

Also, the Monday after Cardiff we would have been without Stevie Worrall, Robert Lambert and Lewis Rose, so yeah, cracking idea.

Well again so be it we have attempted 3 meetings using a rookie No 1 in place of Lambert? so don't give me that as for money loosing you may well be right, however what are we doing in the position we are now finding ourselves in running Monday so no difference IMHO so that is on shaky ground with your argument I'm afraid.

Add in to the mix if we end up running out of dates if we get any further rain offs or success in going further in KO Cup!

Well again so be it we have attempted 3 meetings using a rookie No 1 in place of Lambert? so don't give me that as for money loosing you may well be right, however what are we doing in the position we are now finding ourselves in running Monday so no difference IMHO so that is on shaky ground with your argument I'm afraid.

Add in to the mix if we end up running out of dates if we get any further rain offs or success in going further in KO Cup!

We are only running next Monday because we have to. I think blaming the promotion (again typical of you) is bang out of order. By your reckoning the two meetings lost due to the promotion (one of which has already been explained was due to lack of staff to run the meeting) has caused the backlog, which is totally wrong. How many rain-offs have we had? I think you will find that they are mainly to blame for the predicament the club finds itself in fixture wise.

• Like 1