British Speedway Forum
dantodan

1st October 2017 Newcastle Diamonds V Workington Comets Championship

We are only running next Monday because we have to. I think blaming the promotion (again typical of you) is bang out of order. By your reckoning the two meetings lost due to the promotion (one of which has already been explained was due to lack of staff to run the meeting) has caused the backlog, which is totally wrong. How many rain-offs have we had? I think you will find that they are mainly to blame for the predicament the club finds itself in fixture wise.

Typical of me? You make me laugh as Ive said all along you are entitled to your opinion as I am of mine, however where ever we run on Monday or not as you put it because we have to we had to back then if we had this weekend would not be a problem!

So we (well, you) are ignoring the three rain-offs (Sheffield Apr 16, Edinburgh Jun 11 and Workington Oct 1), the fact we hosted a British Semi Final (Apr 30), Couldnt/can't run on Sept 24 (SGC Riders Championship at Glasgow) or This Sun Oct 8 (SGB Pairs at Sheffield) and also the fact we had to replay against Workington in the cup. I make that six meetings where we couldn't run through no fault of our own, compared to the two meetings that the promotion (for whatever reason) decided not to run. We therefore had just the one date that could have a Monday race-night, i.e Sept 25, when we would have been without Stevie.

That's why we are struggling for dates. Accepted the two that was the promotions choice haven't helped, but without the rain-offs I believe we would have been fine.

As you rightly say, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine, but I think on this occasion, you are way off the mark!!

So we (well, you) are ignoring the three rain-offs (Sheffield Apr 16, Edinburgh Jun 11 and Workington Oct 1), the fact we hosted a British Semi Final (Apr 30), Couldnt/can't run on Sept 24 (SGC Riders Championship at Glasgow) or This Sun Oct 8 (SGB Pairs at Sheffield) and also the fact we had to replay against Workington in the cup. I make that six meetings where we couldn't run through no fault of our own, compared to the two meetings that the promotion (for whatever reason) decided not to run. We therefore had just the one date that could have a Monday race-night, i.e Sept 25, when we would have been without Stevie.

That's why we are struggling for dates. Accepted the two that was the promotions choice haven't helped, but without the rain-offs I believe we would have been fine.

As you rightly say, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine, but I think on this occasion, you are way off the mark!!

Steve the date you analyse above state that other speedway commitments on running, that being the case Newcastle find themselves in a position not of there own doing as you say that they cannot run!

The dates I give above where the promotion chose not to run on both occasions has nothing to do with the sport it was to do with Newcastle is a club so therefore it is my belief that the promotion rightly or wrongly have their opinion and their choice not to run. There is still more possibilities that more rain offs could prevail.

However I have never personally attacked you or the promotion as individuals like you said that about me therefore that makes you low

Edited by mike7164

However I have never personally attacked you or the promotion as individuals like you said that about me therefore that makes you low

Really??.... You said on 29th July 2017 @ 11.27pm on the Newcastle vs Edinburgh thread...

"I have said it before & I stand by it we have two weaknesses in the camp one is Ludvig Lindgren, & the other is George English is no good as a team manager he's useless and to be successful we need to get rid of these week links ."

Edited by Steve Park

Really??.... You said on 29th July 2017 @ 11.27pm on the Newcastle vs Edinburgh thread...

"I have said it before & I stand by it we have two weaknesses in the camp one is Ludvig Lindgren, & the other is George English is no good as a team manager he's useless and to be successful we need to get rid of these week links ."

Mike is totally right in one and totally wrong in the other.

I will leave it to you as to which is which, as I don't want to get wrong off ruffdiamond. :o:unsure::unsure::blink:

So now because you know you can not win with me you pick a complete different topic and attempt to twist it around to your advantage?

Everybody knows including George I don't rate him as a manager & I have told him face to face so I am not sitting behind a keyboard attacking him without his know who I am or you for that matter, so yes on that topic I name George as he Is and was at that time the team manager HMM........ Are you back on track now!

So now because you know you can not win with me you pick a complete different topic and attempt to twist it around to your advantage?

Everybody knows including George I don't rate him as a manager & I have told him face to face so I am not sitting behind a keyboard attacking him without his know who I am or you for that matter, so yes on that topic I name George as he Is and was at that time the team manager HMM........ Are you back on track now!

How the hell do you work that one out? You said in post #78 that you have never attacked the promotion, yet. as I've already quoted, you've had a go at George for being "useless," that to me is attacking the promotion personally!! That's all I'm saying.

As far as "winning" is concerned, all I've done is put my point forward as a counter to your opinion. That's what the forum is (or at least should) be all about.

I think I will end it there.

Mike is totally right in one and totally wrong in the other.

I will leave it to you as to which is which, as I don't want to get wrong off ruffdiamond. :o:unsure::unsure::blink:

well they might be your opinions,,, but neither is 'wrong or right'.

there may be others that may give you wrong.

well they might be your opinions,,, but neither is 'wrong or right'.

there may be others that may give you wrong.

EH???

I knew you wouldn't resist a comeback RD. ;):)

You just wonder if all clubs are going to get meetings raced. Are Newcastle not just at quarter final stage ? I bet Alan and George and probably Comets folks too just wish season was over. Also notice Redcar have two away to race one I think at Newcastle but nothing in Bspa fixture list

Edited by Barnstormer

How the hell do you work that one out? You said in post #78 that you have never attacked the promotion, yet. as I've already quoted, you've had a go at George for being "useless," that to me is attacking the promotion personally!! That's all I'm saying.

As far as "winning" is concerned, all I've done is put my point forward as a counter to your opinion. That's what the forum is (or at least should) be all about.

I think I will end it there.

I was talking about this thread not others like you were you attacked me on here post No 75!

I have always stated that is what the sport is all about including this forum platform is what it is all about opinions, however if someone regardless of who it is responds to a post the dialog to the right to respond cuts both ways.

EH???

I knew you wouldn't resist a comeback RD. ;):)

well you shouldn't have invited me.

but lets say that,,,

if the manager is the weak link, he is the weak link.

if the rider is the weak link, the manager is also a weak link for continually selecting him ;)

well you shouldn't have invited me.

but lets say that,,,

if the manager is the weak link, he is the weak link.

if the rider is the weak link, the manager is also a weak link for continually selecting him ;)

Get it. :t:

Well again so be it we have attempted 3 meetings using a rookie No 1 in place of Lambert?

Changing subject and as I can't see a thread on the fixture yet why name Embleton as the number 1 for 3 meetings where to be realistic he was only going to score points through other riders having falls and ef's etc, yet at Glasgow on Friday we need a number 7 and they pick Ryan McDonald and not Josh !! Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

dare I ask but why is Robert not riding in the pairs this Saturday

so I reckon for various reasons but in 6 potential meetings fours pairs and riders in 16 and 17 .......... Robert has made it to just 1 ........ that's poor

I went to 4's to be disappointed, went to Glasgow for it to be rained off and now with no Robert .... I doubt I will go to the pairs now

and why is it robbo not the skipper .............