British Speedway Forum

are you going for a season long visit to fox holes next season b,man ? i am sure chris and co will welcome you with open arms !( not guns )

Edited by jenga

Well all this changing nights this season confused me no end, kept having to change plans etc., so to keep Thursday's and go up or change nights and stay down and competitive?

Be grateful if we stay down to keep to one night and stick to it.

are you going for a season long visit to fox holes next season b,man ? i am sure chris and co will welcome you with open arms !( not guns )

Not if it's a Friday, could only manage one possibly 2. Saturdays would see me at a few more, but not all.

i think the race day change may put a few regulars off . but we will just have to wait n see .

Change is just another word for opportunity....

Me 2017 - not Confucious or any other philosophical heavyweight

What I like about Thursdays is it rarely clashes with over stuff, Friday/saturdays other social things occur and youre on hiding to nothing you either go elsewhere and miss speedway or you go to speedway and get grief from other half for always being being busy!! 😂 dont have a lot crop up on a Thursday particularly often!

I didnt go to any since Im not an Ipswich fan, but there is a difference between not being committed and having a bad run of form, getting sacked then getting asked to come back the next day, but if he did screw yous over fair play to the lad, people cry for riders to be loyal these days, yet when they have a bad few meetings or whatever, yous jump on them and want them gone, loyalty is a two way thing, for him to be loyal to you, you have to be loyal to him, plus why is everyone complaining, didnt you get a facility for him every meeting? and if he was as bad as people are making him out to be, wouldnt that of made yous stronger coz you wouldnt of had to carry him???

So your saying that you have not seen Sedgmen at all this season for ippo ? Do you have a Crystal ball then as I'd like to know how you can judge and make comments about him and what other posters are saying with out seeing for yourself 1st hand .

Edited by Pob

Fridays or Saturdays could work, no school next day, and if people can maybe do football Saturday afternoon speedway evening that could work or people use speedway socially on a Saturday before going off into town for a night out.

Will require a lot of cross promotion

Cross promotion is needed between teams in the speedway leagues. Never had season ticket in my 30+ years of attending as never been value for money. Miss a couple of meetings and You are out of pocket.

Will be even more so by running on different nights of the week next year. However if a season ticket allowed for discounted entry when traveling away from home that would be great. Especially for a team like Ipswich who have a large away following.. .the home promotion would gain aswell as the Ipswich one

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

On a totally selfish note..I'm hoping we stay in the current league with a mixture of days or one set day that isn't Friday.

Having said that..Thursday in top league would be okay as last resort.

I know that they did try offer money off for season ticket holders at other tracks in the early 90's (I think most of the southern NL ones) but I think it wasn't administered very well by the tracks but with less fans around these days - anything to attract the visiting fan is worth a try.

Edited by nick

Ipswich stepping up to the EL is a rumour this weekend

Yep - with Doyle at No1 👍
  • Like 1

Yep - with Doyle at No1 👍

So the King to Panthers rumour could be on