British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

I've  given up trying to work out where  the  2 riders are going to come from or if it's  going to be strength In depth or a big hitter and a low average rider personally I would prefer a big hitter at NO1 and possibly fit in Connor Mountain at reserve. Team building is not Panthers strongest point and I can see mid season changes will be part of the business yet again , just wish management tried filling the top end before filling the bottom end of the team . 

Connor is back at ipswich....

50 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

It usually ends in tears so I'm afraid that I disagree. Frost and Mahoney kept everything in house and club business was communicated only on official channels, that's the way to do it. We have a long history of club officials and the internet and it's often not very pretty.

I certainly dont always agree with Neils views but 100% respect his knowledge and the fact he is prepared to explain many situations on the forum.

I think he does very well to remain civil in the face of what can be a barrage of negativity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

The shocking news would have been if Panthers were not running. If you read what he's been brought in for then it makes perfect sense tbh. Rathbone still calls the shots and I'm sure that Neil will do a good job away from Supremo Horton. Given that Rathbone will be treading on eggshells with our lords and masters during 2018 I'd say that bringing in someone who seems to understand the rules and other issues as much as Neil is a smart move? Rathbone will no doubt listen to Neil and take his advice on board. I don't get the impression that that was one of Horton's strengths.

Apologies for a positive post, I'll go and lie down for a bit!

I love an optimist!!!

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

I love an optimist!!!

Never heard of "we've listened, taken what you say on board, however"

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I certainly dont always agree with Neils views but 100% respect his knowledge and the fact he is prepared to explain many situations on the forum.

I think he does very well to remain civil in the face of what can be a barrage of negativity.

I think that we're confusing issues now so that's a good place to leave it.

4 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Very refreshing that you are willing to come on the forum and discuss, a very well done, wish more promoters would do this 

Hope Neil does come on here & answer questions, because I have asked before, & had no reply. Can quote the rules, but we can all do that if we could be bothered to look them up. Be a lot happier to have a co promoter who was putting some money into the club, but then again, Swales never did.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I've  given up trying to work out where  the  2 riders are going to come from or if it's  going to be strength In depth or a big hitter and a low average rider personally I would prefer a big hitter at NO1 and possibly fit in Connor Mountain at reserve. Team building is not Panthers strongest point and I can see mid season changes will be part of the business yet again , just wish management tried filling the top end before filling the bottom end of the team . 

He can't D/U in the same league:rolleyes: he's already announced in the Witches 7:wink:

2 hours ago, Argos said:

If Tom Bacon is not at Peterborough next season it will be a travesty 

Why? It'd make the team even weaker with Lambert at 2 

• Like 1

Would Scott Nicholls and Tom Bacon fit? As I’m sure the BSPA will relent on the ridiculous rule that’s preventing Scott at the moment 

30 minutes ago, Argos said:

Would Scott Nicholls and Tom Bacon fit? As I’m sure the BSPA will relent on the ridiculous rule that’s preventing Scott at the moment 

Yes but would still leave 1.37 spare 

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Yes but would still leave 1.37 spare. 

Holder has signed for Somerset i see. Wonder if he'll ride both leagues?

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Holder has signed for Somerset i see. Wonder if he'll ride both leagues?

Yes - he will ride in Poland as well :D:P

• Like 1

Well I think Tom Bacon will be looking for a new Championship team, very sad having had such a good first season, at least he will remain a Peterborough asset