British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Should have said no and stuck to it. Wouldn't have had any issues over next season, having said that, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Is ged a business man?? Would he run his business like that?

If there is a next time, I'm sure he will say no and stick to it.

Run a business like what? If you can do something that benefits your business, you take advice and it's agreed that it'll work out fine then yes I'm sure that he would depending on the situation. These are BSPA rules we're talking about, the most flexible rules in motorsport today. They only stick to them when they want to get someone, and Rathbone was the unfortunate (or not, depending on your allegiance) victim on this occasion.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

Isn't this similar to last year when looking to sign Craig Cook he sought advice and was told that it would not be sanctioned due to clash of race nights, but went ahead anyway and then moaned about not being allowed?

Seems he will still do his own thing regardless of advice!

Isn't this similar to last year when looking to sign Craig Cook he sought advice and was told that it would not be sanctioned due to clash of race nights, but went ahead anyway and then moaned about not being allowed?

Seems he will still do his own thing regardless of advice!

Well clearly at some point it was sanctioned, otherwise we wouldn’t have been allowed to use him, it’s the constant jumping through hoops that’s starting to grate, same with Harris this year but of course everyone then had no problem using him as a guest.

You don’t know the half of it.

• Like 3

I think this whole thing is an absolute farce..as are the BSPA..who could end up closing down a club because of one rider. The punishment they have dished out is the equivalent of throwing a fag but on the floor and getting put in jail.

And I'm getting p##### off that every single season I have to hear threats that our club may not be no more..stability would be nice. It's not just us though is it..British speedway is in dissarray and the changes over the winter have made no difference. Buster Chapman has embarrassed himself this year and if he doesn't get sacked should step down..as should his sidekick Godfrey by the sounds of it.

? Boro are at fault are in my book has got off very lightly ...if the club closes down then will be one man's fault and it's not chapman's ..who it there right mind can think ok to take bungs to allowed your own riders to miss matches and be replaced by a junior .

This is the trouble with speedway fans ..they moan and groan about riders and teams taking the mickey and want firm action but the moment someone tries to do that they are up in arms about it .

Edited by orion
  • Like 4

What a load of rubbish..got off lightly?..it's Boro's fault?..had to use Juniors?

Edited by Lukas

? Boro are at fault are in my book has got off very lightly ...if the club closes down then will be one man's fault and it's not chapman's ..who it there right mind can think ok to take bungs to allowed your own riders to miss matches and be replaced by a junior .

This is the trouble with speedway fans ..they moan and groan about riders and teams taking the mickey and want firm action but moment someone ttries to do that they are up in arms about it .

Don't think that many realists have a problem with punishment if it's justified. Without knowing the real facts of the matter it comes down to party lines who you believe and side with. As for weakened teams, with everyone innocent until proven guilty and the trial long after the then alleged offences and matches, why does the system allow the punters to be short changed by not allowing a like for like guest.

Edited by Crump99

What a load of rubbish..got off lightly?..it's Boro's fault?..had to use Juniors?

So you think that in uk speedway should able to take bungs to allowed riders to miss matches and be replaced by nl riders etc ....you take money for that sort thing in any sport and likely to get a life ban ...so yes it is boro's fault and yes he got off lightly ..take your Boro blinkers off and wake up .

• Like 1

Don't think that many realists have a problem with punishment if it's justified. Without knowing the real facts of the matter it comes down to party lines who you believe and side with. As for weakened teams, with everyone innocent until proven guilty and the trial long after the then alleged offences and matches, why does the system allow the punters to be short changed by not allowing a like for like guest.

As Trevor Swales is about to step down as a promoter, who will Panthers have to represent them at the BSPA conference as Ged is not in a position to will this mean we will have no representation .

So you think that in uk speedway should able to take bungs to allowed riders to miss matches and be replaced by nl riders etc ....you take money for that sort thing in any sport and likely to get a life ban ...so yes it is boro's fault and yes he got off lightly ..take your Boro blinkers off and wake up .

I don't disagree with what you are saying Ged was in the wrong, but at the end of the day it's the fans who suffer the most especially the ones that do all the unpaid work behind the scenes and supporters club members who arrange functions to raise cash and all other volunteers who put a lot of time and effort in and then find the club have been hit heavily with fines, it must make them wonder why they bother.

• Like 1

As Trevor Swales is about to step down as a promoter, who will Panthers have to represent them at the BSPA conference as Ged is not in a position to will this mean we will have no representation .

My vote goes to Bratley. We wouldn't be in this mess if they'd had him onside even though orion thinks that Bratley can't run a bath :)

Edited by Crump99

My vote goes to Bratley. We wouldn't be in this mess if they'd had him onside even though orion thinks that Bratley can't run a bath :)

Yea Boro lost was Birmingham gain :P:P what a job he done there . :rofl::rofl:

But surely you just can't send a representative , I thought this meeting was exclusive to promoters only and as he's not a promoter then he wouldn't be allowed to represent the club.Have to agree with you though Mick knows the business has been there before and he lives locally but would he want to be involved again .

So you think that it is perfectly acceptable for another club to close and make long suffering fans suffer? I have long held the view that in a sense owners and promoters hold the club in trust for fans, past . present and future. It is simply not fair for those fans to carry the can when that trust is betrayed ( in the view of some)

• Like 2

Well clearly at some point it was sanctioned, otherwise we wouldn’t have been allowed to use him, it’s the constant jumping through hoops that’s starting to grate, same with Harris this year but of course everyone then had no problem using him as a guest.

You don’t know the half of it.

It was sanctioned AFTER Peterborough changed their racenight, as had been advised when the signing was proposed.

So please explain which half I don't know about?

So you think that it is perfectly acceptable for another club to close and make long suffering fans suffer? I have long held the view that in a sense owners and promoters hold the club in trust for fans, past . present and future. It is simply not fair for those fans to carry the can when that trust is betrayed ( in the view of some)

People's actions will always cause hurt to others ...the bottom line is you can't allowed people to take bungs just because they say they are going to close the club down ...he took dirty money and should pay it back ..if the club closes then he will be one to blame .

What rules do you want ? clubs to do what they want because they might close the club down otherwise ?

It was sanctioned AFTER Peterborough changed their racenight, as had been advised when the signing was proposed.

So please explain which half I don't know about?

The race night was the problem so it was changed. Can't see what point you are making

People's actions will always cause hurt to others ...the bottom line is you can't allowed people to take bungs just because they say they are going to close the club down ...he took dirty money and should pay it back ..if the club closes then he will be one to blame .

What rules do you want ? clubs to do what they want because they might close the club down otherwise ?

OK from your point of view if a person commits crime their whole family should be punished .It used to be called "to encourage others"