British Speedway Forum

Oh right..didn't know that or have ever heard of that...does anyone know what the apps are called?

I found one called speedway programme..but it's the Polish format.

Edited by baldyman

Oh right..didn't know that or have ever heard of that...does anyone know what the apps are called?

I found one called speedway programme..but it's the Polish format.

"Speedway Programme" by Krzysztof Krygiel was the Android app that I used to use. Can't remember the other one, but I tried it out and it wasn't as good.

The Polish one handles British, Polish & Swedish leagues plus GP, SWC & SEC.

Edited by Alan Jones

I don't know if there is one or anyone is thinking of doing one, but with modern technology and to keep people that enjoy statistics up to date..would a phone app be of any use? Fill in programme on your phone?? Even if it's something for the younger fans??

Have an App I downloaded from play store that's brilliant, free too. English.

Have an App I downloaded from play store that's brilliant, free too. English.

Any chance you telling me what the name of it is😉😉

Jonathan chapman has come up with a great idea to revolution speedway in the uk with an app but it would never get the backing of the bspa especially while his dad is in charge. Hopefully he will one day be able to put it in place

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 1

I'm sorry..but it doesn't do that for me...I just like watching 4 blokes going for it..win or lose I'm not that bothered if the racing is good. They should be trying to make the racing close...not artificially though.

That may be the case for you but it certainly isn't with the over whelming majority of other fans.

There's a difference between keeping the score close and exciting, and keeping races close and exciting.

It's possible to have races tight and close, decided on the last bend, but still result in a 50-28 score, (sorry, 60 - 30,)

OR

having boring trailed-out heats, with 3-3's every time, (or alternate 4-2s / 2-4s). The match is close and can still go to a last heat decider.

There's a difference between keeping the score close and exciting, and keeping races close and exciting.

It's possible to have races tight and close, decided on the last bend, but still result in a 50-28 score, (sorry, 60 - 30,)

OR

having boring trailed-out heats, with 3-3's every time, (or alternate 4-2s / 2-4s). The match is close and can still go to a last heat decider.

Who said anything different?

Any chance you telling me what the name of it is😉😉

There is also one called FiveOne

There is also one called FiveOne

Yes, that's the other one I tried some time ago and didn't think it was very good.

Mon/Thurs for Premiership, keep points system for winning losing mtgs as they are, no tactical rides but team managers can choose gate positions if 6 points down 1/3 or 2/4), they will work out team limits as always depending on how many teams etc, every promoter to allow members of an away team's official supporter's club to have reduced entry price on production of membership card and photo graphic evidence to back it up, reduced/free entry to all children or £1 entry with a simple racecard, a proposal to agree on 2019 league structure in September 2018 so riders can be signed/fixture list compiled before end of 2018, I personally hope a 90th anniversary celebration meeting is planned...

Who said anything different?

Those that think double pts for a Joker will make racing more exciting.

• Like 1

A squad system of sorts is the way to go, or at least 2 riders doubling up to share one position in a team. At least it creates an association between riders and teams, not just any tom dick or harry turning up! I'm amazed this hasn't been operated for a number 1 also. You could have Nicki Pedersen and Greg Hancock (for arguments sake) sharing a no.1 berth. They only need to do half as many meetings like they want, the fans get a proper number 1, no guests and everyone is happy!

Could even get NP and GH to represent the club in the pairs

Mon/Thurs for Premiership, keep points system for winning losing mtgs as they are, no tactical rides but team managers can choose gate positions if 6 points down 1/3 or 2/4), they will work out team limits as always depending on how many teams etc, every promoter to allow members of an away team's official supporter's club to have reduced entry price on production of membership card and photo graphic evidence to back it up, reduced/free entry to all children or £1 entry with a simple racecard, a proposal to agree on 2019 league structure in September 2018 so riders can be signed/fixture list compiled before end of 2018, I personally hope a 90th anniversary celebration meeting is planned...

We do share a lot of the same dreams! Is Buster aware of yours?

Any idea that creates better attendances has to be a good idea. Die hard supporters who go every meeting are the lifeline of this sport. They should be encouraged rather than abused. They could offer a reward of free admission on the production of 5 used tickets....... Or buy 5 tickets and get one free. They are many ways to show your appreciation. I have always believe every season ticket holder should receive free admission at all away tracks... the chances are it would encourage more fans to attend that would otherwise not bother....

Implementation needs to come from top level so every club supporter can gain these benefits... I cant ever remember any initiation come down from the BSPA regards this, and that shows their lack of promotional attitudes...... How negative some sports are......

• Like 1