British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gooner_girl4eva

Practice for GP's

Hello,

As I'm going to my first GP's abroad this year, just wondered which GP's you can or IF you can watch practice? If so, can you get in for free etc?

Also, what are you chances of getting to speak to the riders before or after a GP? As I would love a few photos whilst I'm at the GP's but a bit doubtful that I will see anybody? Are the pits completely closed off at all the venues? I know Cardiff is a bit hard to get near anybody unless you happen to see them around the shops in the day!!

Any advice guys?! Particularly on Copenhagen and Gothenburg.

Don't know if they're doing Official Practices this year.

As for meeting riders it is possible to meet them. Maybe on your Easyjet/Ryan Air flight or maybe in your hotel. You can't be chicken like me though :oops: In Cardiff you'll have plenty of chance to meet ex riders from our very own forum (they won't bite but might have you in stitches :D )

Maybe see you in Gothenburg gooner_girl4eva B)

You can't be chicken like me though :oops:

What do you mean by that Jo??

In Cardiff you'll have plenty of chance to meet ex riders from our very own forum (they won't bite but might have you in stitches :D )

The VSRA is an ideal opportunity to meet and chat with Ex-riders and believe me they really do have some stories to tell, Keith White and our very own Middlo had me crying at the things they used to get up to "on tour" in their wild youth days. :lol:

In Cardiff you'll have plenty of chance to meet ex riders from our very own forum (they won't bite but might have you in stitches :D )

The VSRA is an ideal opportunity to meet and chat with Ex-riders and believe me they really do have some stories to tell, Keith White and our very own Middlo had me crying at the things they used to get up to "on tour" in their wild youth days. :lol:

The stories from years gone by are great! It seems that the older riders had much more fun in their days than the "more professional" riders of today! :wink:

I think years ago it was a hobby sport rather than a working sport the competition was there but most of them had full time jobs as well as riding whenever they could, my Uncle retired from Speedway in 1980 to carry on our family business due to illhealth of my grandfather. All the while he was riding my god there really are some stories to tell and like I say the VSRA brings the riders together and the beer flows and so do the stories it's great to have been a part of the 70's/80's and appreciate the stories that are being told. Those that are unfortunate enough not to have been around way back then, you'll never know what you missed speedway today is so different, we never had SKY Tv., we had Dickie Davis and World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon just before the wrestling we'd have a climpse of speedway oh what a treat that was, just before getting ready to go to Canterbury for the evening, :cry: those were the days :wink:

back in t'day, when we worked 25 hours a day down t'mine. there were 13 of us living in a cardboard box on side of t'road, eh shazzy? :rolleyes::unsure:

Thanks Woody brought me back to earth with a thump there. If wit was xxxx you'd be constipated :lol::P

Thanks everyone :)

Yes hope to meet some furum members out there. We will have to arrange a meet up, at the minute I am going to Cardiff, Copenhagen and Gothenburg, trying to get to Poland as well with some persuasion!! :D

If you want to meet the riders then Prague is the place to be. Without trying over the past few years, we've met Jason Crump on the flight there, Greg Hancock in the Old Town Square, Andreas Jonsson outside a restaurant, Tricky, Rosco, Tomasz Topinka and Mikael Max in the hotel bar.

Not sure if practice is officially open, but one or two saw it last year.

Not going to Prague for the first time in 3 years this year. :cry:

Thanks everyone :)

Yes hope to meet some furum members out there. We will have to arrange a meet up, at the minute I am going to Cardiff, Copenhagen and Gothenburg, trying to get to Poland as well with some persuasion!! :D

Might meet up with you sometime then. :) I'm going to Cardiff, Gothenburg, Poland (Byd) and Norway when I get a reply from My Sporting Challenge. Would have liked to have gone to Prague but my course for my job starts on the Sunday. I have alot of revising to do before then, just wish it would stick in my head :blink:

Do not think it is compulsory for riders to attend the Friday practice this year.

Do not think anyway they let you in at Copenhagen and Cardiff. Gothenburg you can usually see and bump into the riders anyway as they park their vans across the road. Prague, you usually see them walking about near the track and in the town. There is normally a nominal fee to gain entrance to watch, where you are allowed in.

Do not think it is compulsory for riders to attend the Friday practice this year.

True but it will be interesting to see which, if any, riders give the practice a miss.

Can't see Lukas Dryml and Lee Richardson, for instance, deciding they'd rather ride at Peterborough the night before a G.P. ;)

Im off to prague again this year (being my 3rd time) and you get to meet all the riders at the practice,and if your realy lucky you can snaek into the pits,have done for the last to years,but you have to watch out for the men in black (security)dunno about this year as its all changed ,its only 50 kroner(£1.20) for the practice just look for the posters in the town center it usualy ses.