British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

Isn’t it nearly always advantage Poole when we take on Belle Vue?

Stevie Worrall is gonna be wondering why his ears are burning so much!!!  :D

• Like 1

Just now, ouch said:

Saved me a job with the figures. 

It shows an impressive growth rate especially looking at the two most recent seasons. 

Casting that forward just reinforces the view the Steve is utterly irreplaceable. 

Gutted. 

Advantage poole 

Slight exaggeration.

Even taking the Gavan route and basing Worrall's average on his 16-pt score only, remove the tactical points, and bonus points (thanks SS), his one-match CMA, at the peak of his powers at Poole, would be 8.66. Pretty sure there are multiple riders in the league who averaged similar, so "utterly irreplaceable" is pure hyperbole. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Isn’t it nearly always advantage Poole when we take on Belle Vue?

:sad: They thumped us several times last year!?! Including at Wimborne Road! Now we have dispelled the troll, we can get back to proper Poole v Belle Vue chat!

I do see Poole winning handily on Wednesday, 53-37. UP THE PIRATES!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Worralls previous meetings at Poole. 

Steve Worrall - 1, 3, T/R-6, 3, 2, 1 = 16
Steve Worrall - 0, 2*, 2, 0 = 4+1

Steve Worrall 3 1* 3 1* = 8+2

Steve Worrall - 1*, 2, 3,0 = 6+1

At reserve. 7. Steve Worrall - 1, 3, 2, 3, 3, 0 = 12

At reserve. 6. Steve Worrall - 1 , 1 , 0 , 1' = 3+1

At reserve. 6. Steve Worrall - 2, 1*,1, 1.= 5+1

At reserve. 6. Steve Worrall - 2, 1, 1, 3, 0 = 7

That gives him an average of 6.59 at Wimborne Road. And his best score was against the poorest Poole team in years. Think its pretty safe to say Gavan is talking out of his jacksee.

That's still a decent Poole average.

20 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I know that, was just waiting for the bait to be bitten and true to form 2 Wolves fans fell for it.:D

Oh I see, trolling for a response.  Each to their own. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Sorry Sidney, we only operate on FACTS and STATS, as dictated by Gavan. There is no room for opinion, or conjecture. 

Please tell me what you base your opinions on please?

I look how riders go at the track they are due to race on and use previous form as a guide to how they are likely to perform.

Not once have i said he would have got 16 again...............but he is more likely to get 8 or more than 5 or less.

Maybe when i look at horse racing i shouldnt bother wether a horse acts at a stiff track like Cheltenham or Towcester or a flat track like Kempton or what sort of going they prefer fast or soft...........i mean how silly of me to use previous form as a guide.

Must remember to never back Rafeal Nadal on clay... i mean he was good on it but he isnt likely to do it again.

As i said i look at stats because it helps to form an opinion. Worrall is better at Poole than Fricke, Tungate, Starke and Bewley, therefore i would use that as my opinion to say that without him they would be weaker if those 4 took his rides.

So come on what do you use to decide what team might win?

Im pretty sure that when Poole go to Wolves we will all hear how poor Holder is there which is correct, but i guess thats ok to say that

Gavan you really need to grow up. S. Worrall wont be getting anything in the meeting because unfortunately he is not taking part in it end of story. Best wishes to Steve.

Can we just talk about speedway. 

It looks like Chris Holder has some good news having just put up a tweet saying "good news"

Source= Twitter Chris Holder

@Gavan Ever heard the phrase - one swallow doesn't make a summer? I am not diminishing the value of course form etc, but your application of it. Ever heard of sample size? 

We may disagree (often), but you are entitled to your opinion. I don't begrudge you that. However, you always portray your opinion as 100% correct, without fault. Everything is black and white. 

I've seen you try, on occasion, to have a debate, but 9/10 you dig in your heels and start shouting and ranting. For that reason I think you're a troll, or perhaps the world's most blinkered, stubborn person.

Feel free to prove me wrong by conducting yourself like a positively contributing member of this speedway community. Most of us on here are fans of speedway and we can all see the sport is in the rubbish. Least we can do is be somewhat nice to each other and discuss the sport between ourselves in a civil manner. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

@Gavan Ever heard the phrase - one swallow doesn't make a summer? I am not diminishing the value of course form etc, but your application of it. Ever heard of sample size? 

We may disagree (often), but you are entitled to your opinion. I don't begrudge you that. However, you always portray your opinion as 100% correct, without fault. Everything is black and white. 

I've seen you try, on occasion, to have a debate, but 9/10 you dig in your heels and start shouting and ranting. For that reason I think you're a troll, or perhaps the world's most blinkered, stubborn person.

Feel free to prove me wrong by conducting yourself like a positively contributing member of this speedway community. Most of us on here are fans of speedway and we can all see the sport is in the rubbish. Least we can do is be somewhat nice to each other and discuss the sport between ourselves in a civil manner. 

I dont have an issue with you just the usual Poole fan that the vast majority on here have an issue with

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I dont have an issue with you just the usual Poole fan that the vast majority on here have an issue with

Oh Didums. I sussed you out a long time ago and you can’t handle the fact I call you a Poole hating troll with never anything good to say about the club.

Proved by the fact you are really only ever on the Poole threads and rarely venture anywhere else.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Gavan you really need to grow up. S. Worrall wont be getting anything in the meeting because unfortunately he is not taking part in it end of story. Best wishes to Steve.

:)

1 hour ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Slight exaggeration.

Even taking the Gavan route and basing Worrall's average on his 16-pt score only, remove the tactical points, and bonus points (thanks SS), his one-match CMA, at the peak of his powers at Poole, would be 8.66. Pretty sure there are multiple riders in the league who averaged similar, so "utterly irreplaceable" is pure hyperbole. 

Unfortunately the rules don’t allow us to substitute a 8.66 rider in place of a 6.77 rider though I agree that if we could, it would go some way to addressing the massive disadvantage we find ourselves in. 

Being benevolent I’d happily go with your previous assessment of Steve using his scores over the years, around 7 I think. That’s from four rides whereas with Steve being our best rider at poole he’d line up in heat 15 and ride the double for us again. A 7 point average over 5 heats gives a figare of around 9, then add in the extra 3 TR points brings his match contribution to 12. 

I’ll go with your 7 point average and say if Lawson scores 12 or more then we haven’t lost out, much. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ouch said:

Unfortunately the rules don’t allow us to substitute a 8.66 rider in place of a 6.77 rider though I agree that if we could, it would go some way to addressing the massive disadvantage we find ourselves in. 

Being benevolent I’d happily go with your previous assessment of Steve using his scores over the years, around 7 I think. That’s from four rides whereas with Steve being our best rider at poole he’d line up in heat 15 and ride the double for us again. A 7 point average over 5 heats gives a figare of around 9, then add in the extra 3 TR points brings his match contribution to 12. 

I’ll go with your 7 point average and say if Lawson scores 12 or more then we haven’t lost out, much. 

I will be suprised if Lawson gets anywhere near that to be  honest.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

That's still a decent Poole average.

Oh I see, trolling for a response.  Each to their own. :rolleyes:

3 good scores in 8 Steve, not a good average that. As i said Lawson will do well to get 7.