British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 25/6/18

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

I went to the meeting and although we lost it was a good meeting.

Listen stop being an irritating troll with your pathetic cheats post it's not necessary. 

Grow up.

There's only a few people in this world i listen to & guess what, you're not one of them. It's a forum, I can post what I like so you & The rest of the Ford puppets can like it or lump it:D

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

There's only a few people in this world i listen to & guess what, you're not one of them. It's a forum, I can post what I like so you & The rest of the Ford puppets can like it or lump it:D

Well you obviously are listening to it otherwise you wouldn't have replied! :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Well you obviously are listening to it otherwise you wouldn't have replied! :D 

Lisa, like i told Steve. Ignore his ramblings, he cannot talk to himself.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Lisa, like i told Steve. Ignore his ramblings, he cannot talk to himself.

Well said sparman:P

So an away point and suitably 'managing' the averages - job done Middlo!!:D;)

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Really, i dont agree with you one little bit. Try 0-4- 0-8 for starters no superstars as you put it in them teams.. Neil is the best manager this club has had. and i certainly wouldnt want anybody else. 
I thought the idea was to find riders that are going to improve, Matt does that Neil works with them. Both Chris and Darcy were not superstars as you put it when they first came to poole. i think 7 league titles and umpteen other Trophies tells me that. Mark Loram improved being at poole so did Magic, you have to have decent heatleaders to be competitive, therefore with the likes of Trick and Leigh and eventually Darcy and Chris you had them, Trick and Leigh were established but Darcy and Chris were not, they were brought in on potential. you cannot buy a selling plater and expect to turn it into a Derby horse, its doesnt work like that you buy on potential to improve. Greggy was brought in to cover for Chris, good bit of business that.
Now you might not agree with me, but i see Neil work first hand every week, and he's a dam good manager. So please, stop running him down, and if you think you can do better then please apply to Matt Ford, because i will tell you now, like 99% of people on this site, you get left in the pits on your own and be told to get on with it, you would freeze and run for the hills.  and anybody who says they wouldnt is a liar, and i stick by that..

Holder and especially Ward were going to be world class no matter who managed them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

No point managing averages if you're not going to sign anyone! 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ford deserves some credit as well as Middlo. He would be the one on the calculator if that where the case:wink:

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Calling me childish haha!!! Your the one getting hot under the collar with your swipes at Middlo, if you were really a Poole fan you would understand why so many of us think so highly of Middlo.

It has been said by many that were there that Woryna only showed he was going well on the night in heat 14.

Still scored more than Worrall and Sundstrom. 

Once again Middlo has been successful when he's had teams consisting of world class riders. He has done nothing in the new era and final era of British Speedway.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Really, i dont agree with you one little bit. Try 0-4- 0-8 for starters no superstars as you put it in them teams.. Neil is the best manager this club has had. and i certainly wouldnt want anybody else. 
I thought the idea was to find riders that are going to improve, Matt does that Neil works with them. Both Chris and Darcy were not superstars as you put it when they first came to poole. i think 7 league titles and umpteen other Trophies tells me that. Mark Loram improved being at poole so did Magic, you have to have decent heatleaders to be competitive, therefore with the likes of Trick and Leigh and eventually Darcy and Chris you had them, Trick and Leigh were established but Darcy and Chris were not, they were brought in on potential. you cannot buy a selling plater and expect to turn it into a Derby horse, its doesnt work like that you buy on potential to improve. Greggy was brought in to cover for Chris, good bit of business that.
Now you might not agree with me, but i see Neil work first hand every week, and he's a dam good manager. So please, stop running him down, and if you think you can do better then please apply to Matt Ford, because i will tell you now, like 99% of people on this site, you get left in the pits on your own and be told to get on with it, you would freeze and run for the hills.  and anybody who says they wouldnt is a liar, and i stick by that..

Not saying he's a poor manager. Just putting out some constructive criticism

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Holder and especially Ward were going to be world class no matter who managed them. 

Maybe, but they still found the improvement at Poole. Same as Magic did.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe, but they still found the improvement at Poole. Same as Magic did.

Well of course they did. You signed young riders who were only going one way. They would have improved anywhere. Surely you don't think their improvement is all down to Poole and if they went to Swindon they would be 6 pointers?

15 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not saying he's a poor manager. Just putting out some constructive criticism

But you are saying he's a poor manager, management is not easy you can only work with whats at your disposal.  i mean, Neil doesnt say to Sunstrom and Worrell go out a finish last im very sure that both Matt and Neil are frustrated along with us the fans and im very sure the riders. Same as when Neil was Team GB manager, the flack he got then just wasnt warrented. Again he could only work with whats at his disposal. Yes Rosco's done well, but Neil would have done the same.
Even Neil will say its good to see the kids coming through, but we need to attract more kids into speedway and with the help of Vatch and Phil morris we can continue to improve. We need more open practice days and try and get a few more ex riders involed to help out, but setting up these things brings its problems, unlike Poland.
We should have won the WC in 0-4 and if you have a memory you will remember why we didnt, no fault of Neils.
You cannot force riders to ride here, if they dont want to they wont, simple as, so you have to make the most of what you have. and perhaps the powers that be need to listen to some of the more established managers and promoters to see if we can break that poland stranglehold
You have to remember, sinse Matt and Neil took the reines we have won 7 league titles  been r/up 3 times, and umpteen other Trophies, now dat aint bad for a poor manager dont you think..

12 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Well of course they did. You signed young riders who were only going one way. They would have improved anywhere. Surely you don't think their improvement is all down to Poole and if they went to Swindon they would be 6 pointers?

But you can sign many young riders, it doesnt mean to say they are all going to make it, some do, some dont and that applies to any club, not just Poole., But at least Matt had the forsight to do so. They were still brought in on potential, nothing more.

Im surprised Poole lost after being ahead early on, seems like they are becoming the new Wolves. Still an away point is job done all the same.