British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton v Leicester Monday June 25th TV match

3 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Another borefest from that utterly dire track...

A Stoke fan talking about a dire track, you just couldn’t make it up. :rofl:

2 hours ago, New Science said:

Your kidding yourself, the track has been like that for 5 years or more Doc Bridgett or not. This " usual standard of high standard of close racing" is a figment of your imagination.

In your opinion , not mine. I’m aware that some have been vocal about the racing over the past couple of years. It’s set it’s own standards over the years.

5 hours ago, noaksey said:

Doc has retired due to ill health according to Adams interview last night. 

From the start of the year, not just a recent thing. Glyn Taylor has been stepping in along with Doc’s reliable track staff.

2 hours ago, New Science said:

Your kidding yourself, the track has been like that for 5 years or more Doc Bridgett or not. This " usual standard of high standard of close racing" is a figment of your imagination.

There is definately a difference with the track this year, gate 4 is awful until late in the meetings, as is the outside line

Have to say that this was no advert for speedway. The only overtaking was when a rider made an error & came of his racing line. A perfect track for team riding as the only 2 lines were around the inner line or wide, stick to those lines & nobody could pass. The referee was inconsistent, massive roller from Masters & referee was only person there, I should imagine, that did not see it. Then slight movement from Anderson & he's warned. Thought a bit of common sense could have been used when Sarjeant was excluded when sat on Anderson's bike. There was more time wasted in giving another 2 min warning.

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

From the start of the year, not just a recent thing. Glyn Taylor has been stepping in along with Doc’s reliable track staff.

I know Steve I thought Wolves had said previously that Doc was "taking a break" rather than he'd packed it in 

8 hours ago, robins les said:

Thought a bit of common sense could have been used when Sarjeant was excluded when sat on Anderson's bike. There was more time wasted in giving another 2 min warning.

So you are saying that sometimes 2 minutes should be 2 minutes and a bit?? Absolutely not. Sarj was rightfully excluded and his actions alone caused the extra 2 minutes. Heat 2 was a farce because of him not the ref.

1 minute ago, noaksey said:

I know Steve I thought Wolves had said previously that Doc was "taking a break" rather than he'd packed it in 

I’m not sure what has been said officially but I’m lead to understand he won’t be back due to ill health.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

I’m not sure what has been said officially but I’m lead to understand he won’t be back due to ill health.

Yes Wolves well Adams have confirmed that now 

6 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Yes Wolves well Adams have confirmed that now 

Such a sad loss. The track is everything and we have been spoilt with such a brilliantly prepared track over the years.

Edited by stevebrum
Edited for accuracy.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, robins les said:

The only overtaking was when a rider made an error & came of his racing line.

You do Pieszczek a disservice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

The exception that proves the rule.

You forget he passed Nathan Greaves, that changes things :)

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Call me wolfie said:

There is definately a difference with the track this year, gate 4 is awful until late in the meetings, as is the outside line

Think there is some smoke and mirrors going on here. There hasn't been an outside line at Monmore for 8 years. Its practically now a trapping contest with 1 line, example being Sam Masters in heat 15. Unbeaten all night but missed the gate in heat 15 and couldn't make any impression. Worrying last night there looked to be less than 500 there , watching an unbeaten home team on a nice night with no football clash

Edited by New Science

44 minutes ago, New Science said:

Think there is some smoke and mirrors going on here. There hasn't been an outside line at Monmore for 8 years. Its practically now a trapping contest with 1 line, example being Sam Masters in heat 15. Unbeaten all night but missed the gate in heat 15 and couldn't make any impression. Worrying last night there looked to be less than 500 there , watching an unbeaten home team on a nice night with no football clash

They lost their last match at home did they not?

And there was football on, maybe not England but World Cup the same.

Also think Masters is the wrong example to use.. he'd be last if he missed the gate regardless of the track :)

That said... I agree, that meeting was very poor and the outside line has been becoming less and less over the years. 

The declining crowds are more to do with the team being picked. Yes, they may be winning.. but there's no 'star' name there now. Wolves fans have been used to Ermolenko, Correy, PK, Mikael, Lindgren over the years. Now Rory Schlein? 

I strongly believe leaving Lindgren out for financial reasons has/will cost them even more financially from fans simply staying away.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, New Science said:

Don't forget it was on BT so the decision to charge normal admission prices was always going to have an adverse effect on the crowd

• Like 1