British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

Gavans gone back into mute mode, wonder why??

You must be honest.... the Poole threads are a lot better without him on them. Plenty of banter and a bit of mud slinging but not his usual garbage which is good to see.

Maybe the mods could look at banning him from the Premiership section only, leaving him free to post in the Ipswich topics?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Thank you for that. So that puts Belle Vue at the top of the list (which is hardly surprising as is took 10 years to build and was specifically designed as a speedway facility). With Poole and Somerset 2nd and 3rd (don’t mind much which way round). Then if we bring into play things like facilities e.g. grand stands, seating and pits etc. Poole doesn’t fair too badly. In essence, if our track staff can keep up the good work on the track, Poole appears to provide all that is required of a Speedway Stadium. I’m not saying it can’t be improved, sure it can but, when compared to the rest. Well!!!!!!

As i keep saying mate. BV have access to there place 24/7, we dont. Yes things could be improved, but you need the man power and the time. And the money.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Leave it alone Steve, As i said to a couple of Sponsors on Weds night, when this club is right its the best in the  country by a million miles... And hopefully, we will go on to prove that.. Doesnt matter what anybody else thinks. They can think what they like.

Does this post say it all really,Gloating followed by we don't care about what anyone else thinks.So it's Poole sod all the rest,who cares eh.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Does this post say it all really,Gloating followed by we don't care about what anyone else thinks.So it's Poole sod all the rest,who cares eh.

It will matter though when we haven't got nobody else to ride against don't you think :rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

1. A track where both teams have an equal chance of winning.

2. A track which has plenty of racing lines.

3. A track that has a record of plenty of passing.

4. A track surface that is reasonably consistent week after week. 

Sounds like a description of the Poole track.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Sounds like a description of the Poole track.

Tell you what mate, go and offer your services to Matt. Im very sure you could do better...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yup... Poole is poole, its up to the others what they do, or dont do..

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

It will matter though when we haven't got nobody else to ride against don't you think :rofl:

Jeez, your day must be full of fun going on that post.. You've suddenly forgot the crap start we had..

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Tell you what mate, go and offer your services to Matt. Im very sure you could do better...

Eh? He was being positive about the Poole track!

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As i keep saying mate. BV have access to there place 24/7, we dont. Yes things could be improved, but you need the man power and the time. And the money.

24/7 is a grossly overused phrase Starman and I don’t personally recall that you keep saying what you’ve said above. However, Poole has lacked reinvestment in the facilities over the last few years and that was one of the reasons I withdrew sponsorship of the club. I was fed up with poor PA systems, an infield start post that looked like the leaning tower of pizza and a track that caused a number of rider injuries. Thankfully, most of those issues have been rectified and we now have a facility that is reasonable (including the track). Hopefully the promoter has learned from his experiences of the last couple of years and, in particular the early part of the season and seen the results (in terms of increased supporter numbers) of some reinvestment. He should not rest, there is more to be done and in the world of “marginal gains” every little helps. Let’s not forget, the club is “owned” by the supporters. The promoter simply makes money from the business that the supporters bring through the gates. 

Just now, Steve0 said:

Eh? He was being positive about the Poole track!

Really, not how i read it. Read my earlier reply to Orlov

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Really, not how i read it. Read my earlier reply to Orlov

I suggest you re-read then.  It was posted by foreverblue - so that should be a clue! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think you have misread my post. I was praising the Poole track! Steve Shovlar  said the same as me but got his post in first but you didn't respond to his post.

Edited by foreverblue

6 minutes ago, Aviator said:

24/7 is a grossly overused phrase Starman and I don’t personally recall that you keep saying what you’ve said above. However, Poole has lacked reinvestment in the facilities over the last few years and that was one of the reasons I withdrew sponsorship of the club. I was fed up with poor PA systems, an infield start post that looked like the leaning tower of pizza and a track that caused a number of rider injuries. Thankfully, most of those issues have been rectified and we now have a facility that is reasonable (including the track). Hopefully the promoter has learned from his experiences of the last couple of years and, in particular the early part of the season and seen the results (in terms of increased supporter numbers) of some reinvestment. He should not rest, there is more to be done and in the world of “marginal gains” every little helps. Let’s not forget, the club is “owned” by the supporters. The promoter simply makes money from the business that the supporters bring through the gates. 

Lets not also forget that Mr Ford has also said this could be his last year. A stadium with improved facilities, better racing and increased attendances equates to a higher selling price. So reading all the messages of how wonderful it is now to attend a meeting and watch this fantastic team is music to Mr Ford's ears. "And the money keeps rolling in"

1 minute ago, Aviator said:

No i agree with you.  But Matt hasnt m,ade a whole lot this year, and he can only bring in who's avaliable. On paper the side assembled looked very good in the winter, but it just didnt work out. Sofar as the track is concerned  yesit could be better, but Neil works on his own, its an all day thing  just to get it ready he trys his best. you have the boys come in in the evening, but they've been at work all day. The sound system is better, but i still think its a bit loud, everything cost money, and as im sure you will know. You can only spend what comes in
Facilities, im sure that Matt would like to spend more, but nobody knows how the league will be set up next season.
Sorry to hear you took your sponsorship away, but Matt does know sponsorship is important, just as those who come through the gate. Matt wouldnt care if we won the league every year, thats his job, and poole is his club, but you can only sign who's avaliable and how much money comes in and with the top boys pretty much pulling Britain its getting harder.  And i would gurantteee, 99% of clubs are in the same boat..
Thats why as i keep screaming, changes must be had at the top, bring in a top retired rider who has no vested interest in a club.
And i stand by what i said, BV have access 24/7 we have dogs and we are hard pressed to get down there to do things off a speedway day, one people have to work and two they have dogs.