British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spl77

Ipswich vs Peterborough 23/08/18

Could be an interesting contest, but i expect Boro would be happy with a point. Other Championship teams have fielded two guests this season on more than one occasion ...

28 minutes ago, Bash said:

Can't believe we are using R/R on Thursday, haven't they learnt anything. All the other meetings we have a guest for Danny and now we have our top two out we only get one guest. Is there anything in the rules that only allows one guest.

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

Fueltaps is your man to answer your query, however I think you can only have 1 guest:unsure:

It would be possible, in extremis, for a CL team to run with seven guests!

absent No 1 (by average) - guest

absent No 2 - guest

absent No 3 - guest

absent no 4 doubling up for other team - guest

absent no 5 doubling up for other team - guest

absent reserve - guest

absent reserve - guest

Clearly absurd, but as per Art 18.8 of the rulebook.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It would be possible, in extremis, for a CL team to run with seven guests!

absent No 1 (by average) - guest

absent No 2 - guest

absent No 3 - guest

absent no 4 doubling up for other team - guest

absent no 5 doubling up for other team - guest

absent reserve - guest

absent reserve - guest

Clearly absurd, but as per Art 18.8 of the rulebook.

Thanks very much Neil 

So maybe we a going for the slightly cheaper option of no guest but rr.  Since it is rr, who is the number 8?  what's that...we haven't got one I here you say.  

We should thought have enought for a win, providing no one gets injured or falls ill or anything like that. I think the panthers will fancy them selves for a point though.

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Fueltaps is your man to answer your query, however I think you can only have 1 guest:unsure:

Neil has beaten me to it (was still enjoying the last few rays of sun by the pool :D)

Perfectly thorough and correct as per usual (a much better source than myself anyway :t:)

Me thinks they may be trying to save a few quid with only one guest, after last week's debacle and no certain chance of a play off place.

What do Ipswich have to achive in terms of results to make the play off? Is it a case of just winning all the home matches or do they still need to pick up points away from home?

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

What do Ipswich have to achive in terms of results to make the play off? Is it a case of just winning all the home matches or do they still need to pick up points away from home?

Think Ritchie said we neede to win them all home and away:unsure:

Could make it with home wins and just 1 away but would need some unlikely other results for that IMO

46 minutes ago, Badge said:

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Could make it with home wins and just 1 away but would need some unlikely other results for that IMO

https://ipswichwitches.co/hawkins-we-deserved-something/

58 minutes ago, Badge said:

Oh dear. A tough run in then and as Baldyman has intimated it might be a tough ask but I guess miracles can happen. So if tomorrow they slip up they really do need to win away. Fingers crossed but unfortunately the lack of meetings and track time may just go against the witches. Still there is always next season and if they plump for the upper tier, Doyle could be a good number one particularly after last nights comments re the travelling to the West Country. Until then good luck to the Witches.

We started with as many meetings as everyone else, so probably not the best excuse to use.  Getting knocked out of the other comps after first hurdles didn't help. Where I think we went wrong was starting the season with 2 riders coming back from serious injuries that would need time to settle back in, time they they couldn't afford with so few fixtures.

Didn't help we didn't have any warm up meetings either. Maybe lessons will be learnt..Maybe they won't,  

Who knows what next year will bring., but hopefully it will bring a few riders that ride our track like heat leaders on second string averages.  

And bring back riders that will battle their socks off and never give in.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 8:42 AM, cityrebel said:

I doubt it. There's a chance of a rain shower at 7pm!

Talking of rain the weather forecast is just that through the day, some weather updates would be appreciated as I can see a few Peterborough fans making the journey.

Not being funny but when was the last season we started with a few challenge matches or an individual to give our riders track time. Other track still run their annual individual meetings, so why don't we still run the Star Of Anglia or Billy Sanders Memorial meeting anymore.