British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Great looking side just probably at least 5 riders out .....no way he will build a Swindon side without Tobiasz 

Or Zach, they should be the first two resigned. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Or Zach, they should be the first two resigned. 

Would you sign Wajtknecht over Berge and Aarnio?

1 hour ago, MattK said:

Doesn't that mean that if a rider has a Championship average of say 4, they would start on a Premiership average of 3 (which is the minimum) - not that they wouldn't be eligible to ride?

Similarly, if any Premiership ride fails to achieve an average above 3, they will be assigned a 3-point average.

No. The AGM PR said that the 3 point minimum has to be achieved not assessed.

6 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

No. The AGM PR said that the 3 point minimum has to be achieved not assessed.

It says "achieved" in quotes. My interpretation of that means that no matter what average a rider achieves on track, they will be assigned the minimum average on paper, which is a three. It doesn't mean you cannot sign riders with an achieved average lower than three, simply that they will be assigned a three-point average on paper.

16 minutes ago, MattK said:

Would you sign Wajtknecht over Berge and Aarnio?

Yes, and have one of them to ride alongside Zach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Great looking side just probably at least 5 riders out .....no way he will build a Swindon side without Tobiasz 

Ellis is a cert as well for me. Improved all of last season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MattK said:

It says "achieved" in quotes. My interpretation of that means that no matter what average a rider achieves on track, they will be assigned the minimum average on paper, which is a three. It doesn't mean you cannot sign riders with an achieved average lower than three, simply that they will be assigned a three-point average on paper.

The "achieved" average is in terms of doubling up. No Championship rider can double up with an average less than 4.50 ÷ 1.5 = 3.00.

2020 season it'll be 4.80 ÷ 1.6 = 3.00

2021 season it'll be 5.10 ÷ 1.7 = 3.00

So on and so on until they reach the conversion rate of ×/÷ 2

This is the exact reason Ipswich are not allowed to sign Drew Kemp at No7 on a 3.00 as his average is lower than 4.50 in the Championship. 

The BSPA are trying to make sure that the top league is of better standard than in 2018 and build a larger gap between them and the Championship, which should be applauded. 

Any Premiership rider's that had an average 2.99 or lower that rider Championship are also exempt from the Premiership. 

Saying all that, the BSPA have failed in allowing Championship rider's that doubled up in 2018 to keep their Championship averages, neglecting their initial intention in trying to force the gap between the two leagues. This proven with Somerset having Schlein, Harris and Covatti. If the correct conversion had been interpreted Harris would be 11.39, Schlein 11.88 and Covatti 7.05.

30.32 leaving 7.68 for 4 team spots. 

It's a nonsense double up Championship averages have been allowed to continue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MattK said:

I don't get the obsession with Musielak. He's a 7-point rider at best. We know Morris is capable of over 8 and is available for less than Musielak. We'd be mad to let Morris go elsewhere especially if we sign Musielak ahead of him. 

Are you for real Matt?? he can improve again and as Shocker says it does not have to be at Nick's expense.No way would i let Musielak go and let some other club reap the rewards.

40 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are you for real Matt?? he can improve again and as Shocker says it does not have to be at Nick's expense.No way would i let Musielak go and let some other club reap the rewards.

We'll have to agree to disagree. We signed Musielak on a false average in 2017. Last year he started the season on 7.37 and finished on 6.52. He is also poor away from home with a lower away average than both Morris and Ellis. Granted he was the best of a bad bunch last year, but I don't understand the obsession myself.

I think Adam, Zach & Tobi will return, Nick on his average is a no brainer for me. I’ve had a go at a side as per below. The averages have been reduced for Adam, Zach & Kyle.

Doyle - 9.8, Howarth - 4.83, Morris - 6.60, Ellis - 6.26, Musielak - 6.52, Berge - 4 & Zach - 4.26.....totals 42.27 

As I’ve said before i’d personally like us to sign Lidsey & more so if he’s on a 4....would have him over Berge 

Edited by hyabb17

9 minutes ago, MattK said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. We signed Musielak on a false average in 2017. Last year he started the season on 7.37 and finished on 6.52. He is also poor away from home with a lower away average than both Morris and Ellis. Granted he was the best of a bad bunch last year, but I don't understand the obsession myself.

I don’t think anyone is obsessed - but he is popular with the fans and can easily improve his average. 

The core of the team should be the same as the last two seasons as they were successful and Rosco needs to understand why the team didn’t turn up for the second half of the season.  We also need 7 riders who can score points consistently- as we were a 6 man team all of last season.

22 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I think Adam, Zach & Tobi will return, Nick on his average is a no brainer for me. I’ve had a go at a side as per below. The averages have been reduced for Adam, Zach & Kyle.

Doyle - 9.8, Howarth - 4.83, Morris - 6.60, Ellis - 6.26, Musielak - 6.52, Berge - 4 & Zach - 4.26.....totals 42.27 

As I’ve said before i’d personally like us to sign Lidsey & more so if he’s on a 4....would have him over Berge 

Kyle Howarth will be the first name on Wolves team sheet on his current average

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I hope so on that low average.

7 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I don't doubt that, was just a team I'd like (he does live local to Swindon & is seen at the Abbey)....2 & 2 together :-)