British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, bazlux said:

THJ did well for Pirates in 2011 2013 so won't have long to wait and see if it works. Too risky to run with 6 man team at sharp end of season. 

That was long time ago, wasn't he terrible last time he rode here, was it for Kings Lynn?

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

That was long time ago, wasn't he terrible last time he rode here, was it for Kings Lynn?

He was awful last time he was here....seems a panic signing

But then again we all know riders when they sign for Poole will always do better there then anywhere else

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

His last average for KL was 4.64 which says it all. He is a decent reserve at best these days in any league. I’m assuming his average puts him at reserve with Covatti in main body?

Perhaps the most predictable signing of the week. 

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He was awful last time he was here....seems a panic signing

But then again we all know riders when they sign for Poole will always do better there then anywhere else

Well he seems to be doing ok abroad so who knows , rode very well last time he rode for Poole although a long time ago. We won't have to wait long to see how he goes, rides tomorrow for Berwick.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

His last average for KL was 4.64 which says it all. He is a decent reserve at best these days in any league. I’m assuming his average puts him at reserve with Covatti in main body?

Perhaps the most predictable signing of the week. 

Could mean he's good value for his average.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Could mean he's good value for his average.

Possibly yes. Tho one of the most overrated riders in the modern era.

• Like 1

I don't know if THJ is overrated.  When he last rode over here it was for a dire Kings Lynn team (post Batchelor & Holder) as a heat leader (#5).  He was a class act in his day on the continent but never quite World Class as his single season in the GP's proved and he has never shown his best form in the UK.  Hasn't been great in Sweden on the odd occasion I've seen him this year, at reserve for a struggling team I think.  Not even sure he's ridden in Poland, haven't seen many scores or action beyond the top division.

Edited by Col

3 minutes ago, Col said:

I don't know if THJ is overrated.  When he last rode over here it was for a dire Kings Lynn team (post Batchelor & Holder) as a heat leader (#5).  He was a class act in his day on the continent but never quite World Class as his single season in the GP's proved and he has never shown his best form in the UK.  Hasn't been great in Sweden on the odd occasion I've seen him this year, at reserve for a struggling team I think.  Not even sure he's ridden in Poland, haven't seen many scores or action beyond the top division.

Think your own description describes overrated!

I remember him being touted as the next big thing for quite a while and his GP showing proved he wasn’t anything like that class to succeed. 

He is well down the list of decent Swedish riders who have hardly any riders ready to step up to top level status with only Oliver Bernzston seemingly to have emerged in the past 4 seasons (and he isn’t a teenager anymore).

THJ has been poor and a reserve status for a while now. He reminds me of a poor mans Chris Harris (GB /Sweden comparison). 

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Think your own description describes overrated!

I remember him being touted as the next big thing for quite a while and his GP showing proved he wasn’t anything like that class to succeed. 

He is well down the list of decent Swedish riders who have hardly any riders ready to step up to top level status with only Oliver Bernzston seemingly to have emerged in the past 4 seasons (and he isn’t a teenager anymore).

THJ has been poor and a reserve status for a while now. He reminds me of a poor mans Chris Harris (GB /Sweden comparison). 

In my opinon THJ has always been a poor gater so not expecting much at Ipswich but as has been said in the paper he has always done well for Poole , my daughter was very happy last time he rode for Poole especially after a photo with him! He is a really nice genuine guy who I hope does well and at reserve can do a good job.

It is simply down to availability. Someone like THJ who has made himself available or a rider like........er... well there was no one available to fit Richie’s average who could reliably knock in 6 plus points.

THJ is past his best but could still do a job. We have nothing to lose so why not? Last night proved we can’t go with r/r as once another rider is knackered we are stuffed. Especially a rider who is due to take an r/r ride. Kennett and KP don’t fit so there’s no choice other than the sarjeants of the league.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Jonasson was superb back in the day on the continent and always felt he couldn’t be arsed in the UK. 

I remember him having a number of good GP performances tho?!

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It is simply down to availability. Someone like THJ who has made himself available or a rider like........er... well there was no one available to fit Richie’s average who could reliably knock in 6 plus points.

THJ is past his best but could still do a job. We have nothing to lose so why not? Last night proved we can’t go with r/r as once another rider is knackered we are stuffed. Especially a rider who is due to take an r/r ride. Kennett and KP don’t fit so there’s no choice other than the sarjeants of the league.

Exactly Steve, who would you rather have THJ or Josh Auty or similar, there simply is no choice. the only other option would be to re-jig the team completely with a 3 pointer and maybe a rider like Klindt to get the sack.

Klindt has done very well no way would I lose Klindt.

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Richie's is not a 6 point plus rider. His average this year is 4.98, 6.67 at home and 3.20 away. I don't rate THJ but he should be able at least to match Richie's away  scores and you can more easily cover for him if he doesn't do as well as Richie at home.