British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

Just now, ray c said:

How will that work then only one rider in heat two for a start  ?

You should only be allowed an NL rider ,not a guest up to the average of the reserve,if the lowest average reserve is missing this is the case!  So why change the rule for other reserve is what I an saying.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why allow a guest for a reserve then?

Because if they are at 7 only the one above can cover. So what happens in heat 2? 

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You should only be allowed an NL rider ,not a guest up to the average of the reserve,if the lowest average reserve is missing this is the case!  So why change the rule for other reserve is what I an saying.

Why should any team be penalised with an nl rider if they have lost a high scoring reserve? If a reserve has a 5.5 average, they should be allowed a rider up to that figure. Only fair.

4 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So Doyle has a good look round, moves out and let's Harris through. Should Doyle be fined and banned?

What are you on about give bomber some credit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

And your a poole fan ? Nobody likes to see anybody get injured, but its the same for both. They pulled a fast one bringing Howorth, what  you say to that Poole fan....

Somerset were more than entitled to bring in Howarth and was completely legit. No fast one pulled mate.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why should any team be penalised with an nl rider if they have lost a high scoring reserve? If a reserve has a 5.5 average, they should be allowed a rider up to that figure. Only fair.

By that theory if a 2nd string has a high average why only R/r. And not a rider up to that average.Case Closed.:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So Doyle has a good look round, moves out and let's Harris through. Should Doyle be fined and banned?

what planet are you on ,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because if they are at 7 only the one above can cover. So what happens in heat 2? 

Read my recent post.

One way to build a team with strength in depth. No R/R in future and if a rider gets injured the guest has to have an average the same or lower than the lowest averaged rider in the team. Every other rider moves up a position. If 2 or more rider's injured then it's the same as above plus guest with the same or less average than 5th in the averages. 

I have looked back at recent matches between the two teams at Poole. In the past two matches Summers has scored 2 points in each match and BWD 5 in each match.

Therefore it does not seem that Somerset lost out with a guest nor with r/r.

Before anyone goes on about another Poole fan I would state in this match I was neutral as I have been a fan of both clubs for years living half way between them. I admit I liked it better when they were not in the same league however.

11 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Poole will win the Final if they pick better riders to guest for the ones they are replacing as they did against Somerset.

? What guests did Poole use against Somerset!!!

20 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

I have looked back at recent matches between the two teams at Poole. In the past two matches Summers has scored 2 points in each match and BWD 5 in each match.

Therefore it does not seem that Somerset lost out with a guest nor with r/r.

Before anyone goes on about another Poole fan I would state in this match I was neutral as I have been a fan of both clubs for years living half way between them. I admit I liked it better when they were not in the same league however.

no they lost because they went down to 5 riders, causing the reserves to have 7 rides each and only going with 1 rider in heat 13

• Like 1