British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

36 minutes ago, chunky said:

Happy days of guests, race-fixing, and second-halfers better than a three-time World Champ...

Steve

No, I meant my freeloading.

Edited by moxey63

Tai Woffinden is the most successful British Individual World Champion. Fact. Impossible to compare different eras. Move on. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Tai Woffinden is the most successful British Individual World Champion. Fact. Impossible to compare different eras. Move on. 

Apparently it's not. It has been stated on here that Tai Woffinden is not as good as Ken Eyre or Ian Hindle. That is a fact...

Steve

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Apparently it's not. It has been stated on here that Tai Woffinden is not as good as Ken Eyre or Ian Hindle. That is a fact...

Steve

Not as good or not as successful?

If  you want a great night in next year get Bt Sports put the speedway on but don't watch it just have it on in  the background 

22 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Not as good or not as successful?

Is that really important??? Of course, we can "prove" one of those...

Steve

7 minutes ago, orion said:

If  you want a great night in next year get Bt Sports put the speedway on but don't watch it just have it on in  the background 

Do we have to pay for it, or can we be "freeloaders"?

Steve

17 minutes ago, chunky said:

Steve

You have to  pay for it ...if you don't like or follow a sport anymore and you want to have it on in the background do you really  think you would get  it for free .

31 minutes ago, chunky said:

Steve

I think BT get it for free, some watch it on the internet for free. I pay though, for the channels, as football's on. Don't subscribe for the speedway. Yes, some fans are watching as freeloaders while I pay my subs. Works both ways, Steve. Do you pay?

If we judge Tai's titles putting him up there as Britain's best. Surely all those tracks and fans from the 70s makes speedway back then better than it is now.

Is that right, BWitcher?

4 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I think BT get it for free, some watch it on the internet for free. I pay though, for the channels, as football's on. Don't subscribe for the speedway. Yes, some fans are watching as freeloaders while I pay my subs. Works both ways, Steve. Do you pay?

Of course not!  We don't get BT in Ohio...

Steve

4 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

If we judge Tai's titles putting him up there as Britain's best. Surely all those tracks and fans from the 70s makes speedway back then better than it is now.

Is that right, BWitcher?

So, the fans and the number of tracks are responsible for riders being better in the old days?  Interesting thought...

Steve

26 minutes ago, chunky said:

Is that really important??? Of course, we can "prove" one of those...

Steve

Regarding this thread I would say yes. Best ever Brit is about opinions from incomparable eras. Most successful British Individual World Champion to date is as you agree. Tai, fact. 

1 minute ago, Hodgy said:

Regarding this thread I would say yes. Best ever Brit is about opinions from incomparable eras. Most successful British Individual World Champion to date is as you agree. Tai, fact. 

So, you are saying it is quite feasible that Ken Eyre and Ian Hindle WERE better riders than Tai?  Again, interesting thought...

Steve

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, you are saying it is quite feasible that Ken Eyre and Ian Hindle WERE better riders than Tai?  Again, interesting thought...

Steve

No Steve, not what I’m saying or what I said. Not sure why you thought so. People will have their opinion regarding best ever British rider, based on their experience and very often favouritism. It is impossible to compare Tai to other riders from yesteryear. 

However, I can’t think of a better British rider during my era.