British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Somerset v King's Lynn KO Cup final 1st leg 17/10/18

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe not.. If the £3k live meeting thing is indeed true. I doubt it covers the loss on the gate. But it is a way of getting speedway out there I guess. It was said that Sky money was pretty big, but it didn't seem to do much. I don't know where all the money went ?

Clubs do not get £3k per live meeting. They all get £13k per season.

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If that was the case, there must be a lot of riders who took hefty pay cuts since the Sky money stopped !

Perhaps that’s why Iversen has been riding so crap!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps that’s why Iversen has been riding so crap!

Along with Kurtz... Less than a point away from being a Poole reserve !

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clubs do not get £3k per live meeting. They all get £13k per season.

I did say "if indeed true" . That's a bit better.

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Both the Swedish and Polish leagues are playoff winners take all. As are many sports inc American Football. 

Every year when the table toppers don’t win it we get the usual ‘we are the champs” bleating. Back in 2010 it happened to Poole who were 20 plus points ahead of Coventry. I don’t think we had any Poole fans saying “we are the real champs”. We just sucked it up and came back the following season and won it again.

Kings Lynn had a good season but all they won was the right to have first pick in the semi, and the pic for second leg of final at home (with rich financial rewards)

I did say is it only in speedway the actual winners of the league actually get nothing,isn't the Polish and Swedish leagues you a referring to Speedway:wink:

How can you bring American football into this,or any American sport.Most of that is regionalised.Blimey American football starts with 8 divisions of 4 teams.4 from the AFC and 4 from the NFC.There is no way they can have a champion without play-offs.Then there is a trophy handed out to the NFC champion and one to the AFC champion.Then obviously one handed out to the superbowl champions.Totally different to having one division i think.

42 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If that was the case, there must be a lot of riders who took hefty pay cuts since the Sky money stopped !

Hence the massive escalation in doubling up in recent times.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You would never have congratulated Poole no matter what. At least admit it. 

Steve, don’t make yourself look silly. I congratulated Poole on the victory when it happened.

would you like to apologise now or shall I show you up with the quote? Choice is yours.

edit.. it’s on page 23 of the 2nd leg thread. Even liked by you. :rofl::approve:

Think before you accuse someone of false information in future. An apology will suffice tho. 

Edited by stevebrum
Added info
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Steve, don’t make yourself look silly. I congratulated Poole on the victory when it happened.

would you like to apologise now or shall I show you up with the quote? Choice is yours.

edit.. it’s on page 23 of the 2nd leg thread. Even liked by you. :rofl::approve:

Think before you accuse someone of false information in future. An apology will suffice tho. 

It wasn’t you I was referring to. Please read my post again.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It wasn’t you I was referring to. Please read my post again.

Which makes why you quoted me completely baffling. Care to enlighten?

29 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I was responding to Steve0.

I missed the response to your post out for some reason (distracted) but was going to say ‘possibly, but you don’t necessarily win trophies by being the best team over the course of the season’.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I missed the response to your post out for some reason (distracted) but was going to say ‘possibly, but you don’t necessarily win trophies by being the best team over the course of the season’.

Thanks for clarifying Steve.

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What a statement.        But every team strives to be the best team, wanting to win those spoils.      With these playoff, now  it all boils down to LUCK over those 2 matches

This could be the reason why fans are losing interest and disappearing.    Play-off may be a financial benefit  to  the winning team but it does nothing for the integrity of the sport..    If the public cant understand the happenings,  what chance is there of them wanting to come and watch...    The only reason fans come and watch the final, is because the rest of the season has been rendered unimportant...   Probably if there were more importance placed on league racing,  the support would be more favourable ...

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, g13webb said:

What a statement.        But every team strives to be the best team, wanting to win those spoils.      With these playoff, now  it all boils down to LUCK over those 2 matches

This could be the reason why fans are losing interest and disappearing.    Play-off may be a financial benefit  to  the winning team but it does nothing for the integrity of the sport..    If the public cant understand the happenings,  what chance is there of them wanting to come and watch...    The only reason fans come and watch the final, is because the rest of the season has been rendered unimportant...   Probably if there were more importance placed on league racing,  the support would be more favourable ...

I believe Since July when Harris joined, Poole were the strongest team in the league, with a better 3 and 4 and much better reserves. And so it proved.

About time you congratulated the Champions on our 8th title since the millennium.

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

See he couldn't even say"sorry i messed up there didn't i".First thing he makes it out as your fault,read the post again will you:lol:.

• Like 1