British Speedway Forum

wrong again 

Workington can run sunday afternoons 

they have a period where they cant run due to church service but if they start early enough they can run or wait till 7 .30 

17 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

wrong again 

Workington can run sunday afternoons 

they have a period where they cant run due to church service but if they start early enough they can run or wait till 7 .30 

So they can't risk running in the afternoon in case any delays cause them to run into church service time??

ran many times before 

the time period isn't that big  is it something like between 4.30 or 5.30  till 7.30

but again sunday afternoons bring reduced crowd that's why they leave it till 7.30 start

Edited by scaramanga

24 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

that's why they leave it till 7.30 start

Which is why that's not good for kids attending...... with school in the morning.

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

agree there

but too be honest not many kids going recently 

No... they prefer xbox etc.

10 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Which is why that's not good for kids attending...... with school in the morning.

to be honest. kids may go to bed around 8.50 ish , but very rare are they asleep. way too much tech in the bedrooms nowadays .

Edited by jenga

15 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

agree there

but too be honest not many kids going recently 

Meant to say there were quite a lot of kids in the Grandstand the night Comets beat Lakeside to win the Championship.....some said it was their first time at Speedway which was good to hear....that's if, of course, they enjoyed it ha...although the very severe cold made a couple leave early sadly.

Never mind all this church going crack, get rasmus Jensen signed up before some one else does 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Never mind all this church going crack, get rasmus Jensen signed up before some one else does 

Hallelujah to that.........let's hope/pray some work is going on behind the scenes to sign him.

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

Hallelujah to that.........let's hope/pray some work is going on behind the scenes to sign him.

im sure im not alone in hoping hes already signed up 

if not the question is why not unless he don't want to 

14 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

im sure im not alone in hoping hes already signed up 

if not the question is why not unless he don't want to 

You're not alone in hoping Rasmus returns that's for certain. Where's Totally Honest John with his 'inside info' please?

Personally I get peed off with all this points limit stuff. Suppose it's a team leveller,  and some say - a money saver - eh !! beats me that one ???? (but pls don't explain ta)...

Anyway I know it's not very likely to happen but my wish would be to have our magnificent seven, treble winners of 2018, back next season.

Edited by singy13

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

from what I was told he is owned by the bspa and will go where he wants 

8 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Didn't know that........crazy sport (for many other reasons too mind).......is it just Rasmus owned by BSPA or do they have many such assets - primed and ready for Christmas shopping.????????

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

Correct but he isn't the only rider owned by the BSPA... however riders can't officiaĺly go where they want until a laid down procedure has been exhausted... the official procedure is (very) roughly and very loosely applied as follows... the club who would like to sign a rider should ask the BSPA/or parent club/promoter if they can make an approach to their asset. If this is sanctioned they then go to the club he was previously at and ask them if they are using the rider and if no... then they go for it...  if yes his previous years club get the first opportunity to do a deal, now the rider and previious club might have already agreed they are moving on or the rider may say I want xxx to come back and there is a failure to agree and everyone moves on... Previous club and rider know the situation however this still doesn't give the rider free reign to negotiate as the parent club need to be asked if an appraoch can be made as they may wish to take him back and if the rider cant agree terms again... then its open season... however what is not supposed to happen is a rider agrees a deal/contract with one club only for another club to come in with a higher offer gazumping the club who thought they had a deal... I suppose in football terms it would be classed as an illegal approach, however it makes things very difficult for the club who had the original agreement to totally change tack when you are building to a set points limit. Its not just one rider that you potentiality lose you may have to ship out others (who have contacts already signed), the whole team may need revisiting to rebalance it when fitting in a different rider not included in the original team plans or running with a weaker team than expected. The process isn't ideal but the consequences can be huge if some order isn't followed... however the process shouldn't be circumvented and especially when the rider agrees a deal (and may have signed a contract) only for another club to come in and offer the rider (who had been happy with his deal/contract) ridiculous amounts to walk away and move to the new club as the highest bidder. It is actions like this that is skewing the whole payment structure creating absolute havoc with team building plans and sets unrealistic financial expectations amongst riders...

I'm doing this on my phone and getting a headache straining my eyes looking at such a small screen so I will cut it there however what I will add is it is maybe time to bring in a grading structure to limit clubs scattergun team building approach or do away with the asset based structure we currently have and allow the BSPA to have all the assets and control them for the benefit of the whole sport applying sensible restrictions.

More to follow... as no don't the usual abuse will need to be defended or the pedantic questions answered in microscopic fashion.

However have at it and I may leave replies until tomorrow as my head is banging... need to go to Specsavers...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 3