British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

9 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Does that really matter? Riders tend to ride where they want to irrespective of who owns them. 

Good point i assumed the only reason you have a asset is so you do not have to pay a loan fee . Does anyone know who Teros parent club is ?

13 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Good point i assumed the only reason you have a asset is so you do not have to pay a loan fee . Does anyone know who Teros parent club is ?

I thought someone on here mentioned Scunthorpe? If that’s true I can’t remember the last time he did ride for them?

5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Scunthorpe I reckon.

Where is there not lists of clubs asset base? Brummies used to list all there asset base on there website until our demise under the phillips regime. When i assume they all reverted to the bspa.

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Where is there not lists of clubs asset base?

Hahaha. So funny. It's the BSPA, for whatever reason they try not to tell supporters anything.

19 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I thought someone on here mentioned Scunthorpe? If that’s true I can’t remember the last time he did ride for them?

Aarnio rode for Scunthorpe in 2017 according to the averages on the BSPA site.

If Ellis chooses to ride in the CL next season he will have plenty of offers on his current average, likewise Aarnio so if Brum can land them it would show serious intent. Given the averages i can see only one of Ash Morris, Shanes or Paco featuring and whilst i think the smart choice is Morris i suspect Brum will go for Shanes. I suspect there will be a riot if either Agertoft or Thomsen are signed. Garrity is a strange one as he is a handful in multiple ways and normally Rogers prefers riders who are easier to deal with but he clearly has a soft spot for Jason. Either way with the full winter to plan there will be no excuses for a poorly built team in 2020.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If Ellis chooses to ride in the CL next season he will have plenty of offers on his current average, likewise Aarnio so if Brum can land them it would show serious intent. Given the averages i can see only one of Ash Morris, Shanes or Paco featuring and whilst i think the smart choice is Morris i suspect Brum will go for Shanes. I suspect there will be a riot if either Agertoft or Thomsen are signed. Garrity is a strange one as he is a handful in multiple ways and normally Rogers prefers riders who are easier to deal with but he clearly has a soft spot for Jason. Either way with the full winter to plan there will be no excuses for a poorly built team in 2020.

Allot depends on the team building limits, but I'm sure there will be more in demand riders than Ellis & Aarnio.  How is Morris' recovery going, will he even be fit?

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Allot depends on the team building limits, but I'm sure there will be more in demand riders than Ellis & Aarnio.  How is Morris' recovery going, will he even be fit?

Unless the limit is 30 i would be trying to get Adam Ellis signed up now. 7.50 is a bargain number and less than the likes of Covatti or Kerr and his converted PL average would be well over 10. Properly applied and without Danish distractions Adam should be pushing on close to 9.5 next season.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unless the limit is 30 i would be trying to get Adam Ellis signed up now. 7.50 is a bargain number and less than the likes of Covatti or Kerr and his converted PL average would be well over 10. Properly applied and without Danish distractions Adam should be pushing on close to 9.5 next season.  

I think being midweek too will be big advantage in getting Adam as he will want to try to crack Poland at some point and exploit his French connections on the Continent with lucrative weekend bookings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Whats the crack with Ben Barker ? some Brummies saying they do not want him anywhere near the club ? whats he been up too ?

Past his best these days,100% effort but think he is riding a lawnmower some meetings.Not professional IMO.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Adam Ellis,Tero Aarnio,James shanes ,Ash Morris  and Tobias Thomsen still leaves 9.5 points assuming a 38 point limit ....  maybe  Garrity and stoneman/ Gilkes  ?

8 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Adam Ellis,Tero Aarnio,James shanes ,Ash Morris  and Tobias Thomsen still leaves 9.5 points assuming a 38 point limit ....  maybe  Garrity and stoneman/ Gilkes  ?

Kyle Newman 4.93 ; Broc Nichol 4.34 and Drew Kemp 4.19 all on lowish averages  any 2 of those 3 would fit!

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Kyle Newman 4.93 ; Broc Nichol 4.34 and Drew Kemp 4.19 all on lowish averages  any 2 of those 3 would fit!

Im pretty certain Nicol will be at Eastbourne personally. Kemp could be a bargain for someone but has found things heavy going this year and once again Newman frustrates and looks like a rider on a bargain average but ends up in on a similar number, he is a rider who has really stagnated over recent years even with some respectable home performances for the Eagles.