British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies v Eagles 1.5.19

Brummies need to turn up to this meeting with all 7 riders contributing Minimum of 4-5 points each . The way the team is built were rarely going to have riders in double figures so it is imperative all 7 riders contribute. The rider most at risk is Tobias Thomsen who on a 5.00 ave has averaged  1.25 points per meeting from 4 meetings is fairly woeful and really needs to start picking up some good points.Granted two of them meetings were Eastbourne away which as we know is a tricky track so a few more meetings before we make a call on Tobias .Hopefully picking up 5-6 points Wednesday Would be a good start to silencing people like myself. Key to this meeting also is how and when we use our reserve riders in this meeting If Paco is on fire or performing well he should be getting 6/7 rides.

For Eastbourne Lawson,Kennett and Kerr should be getting around 34 points between them so its What the rest can get between them i suspect it will be just enough to win the meeting.

Prediction 42-48 

A good meeting is expecting obviously i have it fairly tight any machinery problems for Eagles top 3 could swing it Brummies way .

Hopefully all the riders stay safe and a safe journey to all the fans also.

lets hope BBC weather have got it wrong otherwise could have another early call off.

47 minutes ago, HGould said:

lets hope BBC weather have got it wrong otherwise could have another early call off.

I have had a bit of a scan i can only see light showers in the morning and afternoon.

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

that's what was forecast last week??..

Last week it forecast torrential rain with thunder storms . 

Shall we re-name the thread 'Wednesday's weather forecast' and then drop the odd comment about our predictions/thoughts of the meeting ? :D

As per the first comment from 'Ptbab'....I agree about the scoreline. Eastbourne to turn us over by about 6 points.

Spot on about using 'Paco' at the right time (may be heat 8) 

I still feel that Tobias is only a couple of meetings away from hitting the right notes.I don't think he'll achieve a 5 point away average , which will place even more pressure on his performances at home.

If any of our riders miss the gate in this division, then they're 'all' going to find it difficult in every race. The gating has been very poor in both home meetings so far (with the exception of Paco)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I have had a bit of a scan i can only see light showers in the morning and afternoon.

Track prep & riders & fans travelling must come in to it.

17 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Track prep & riders & fans travelling must come in to it.

Come in to what ? At this stage i am only interested in discussing the meeting and presuming it is on. 

If the decision to call it off again because of weather forecasts fair enough . All i am saying the forecast for this week is not as bad as last week.  

steady continual rain for 12 hours from 8am to 8pm is far more likely to put wavering fans off than the possibility of a sudden 20-30 minute heavy shower.

I will support team and promotion 100% but can't help feeling that by calling off like they did last week will have many regulars on tenterhooks every week when rain is forecast and some will lose habit of coming.

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

steady continual rain for 12 hours from 8am to 8pm is far more likely to put wavering fans off than the possibility of a sudden 20-30 minute heavy shower.

I will support team and promotion 100% but can't help feeling that by calling off like they did last week will have many regulars on tenterhooks every week when rain is forecast and some will lose habit of coming.

I will always gamble if it's local, but i would never travel long distances in dodgy weather.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I will always gamble if it's local, but i would never travel long distances in dodgy weather.

sadly on a Wednesday night in Brum very little is local as M5/M6/M42 corridor is an absolute nightmare and that puts many off in dodgy weather especially if you have already driven out of the City from work and have to venture back in via any of the M-ways

2 hours ago, HGould said:

I completely 100% agree . Sometimes it seems like seem like moaning but i can fully understand why a promotion would make a early due to forecasts. Ultimately i am just a fan/supporter so i just want to watch my local speedway team as much as possible and look forward to Wednesday nights so naturally when they are  called off i am disappointed.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

I always find its much better to watch weather radar maps on the day rather then weather forcasts in advance, they might aswell predict the lottery numbers as they have a better chance of getting that right. Seems to have dramatically changed again in less than 24 hours, mostly dry in the day now. Only 25/30% chance of showers in evening. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brummie Kev said:

I always find its much better to watch weather radar maps on the day rather then weather forcasts in advance, they might aswell predict the lottery numbers as they have a better chance of getting that right. Seems to have dramatically changed again in less than 24 hours, mostly dry in the day now. Only 25/30% chance of showers in evening. 

yes looking a lot brighter now for tomorrow fingers crossed as they are a team I think we can beat as one of the weaker side away from home.

46 minutes ago, HGould said:

yes looking a lot brighter now for tomorrow fingers crossed as they are a team I think we can beat as one of the weaker side away from home.

I agree, they are one of the weaker teams away from Arlington....BUT, their so called weaker riders 'Bowtell,Morley,Wood and particularly Brennan' all ride Perry Barr very well. So with this in mind, I think they're favourites to nick it by a few points.