British Speedway Forum

It's all so secretive. We've no TV money or viewing figures, no attendance figures, no reliable model examples. Nobody has done any detailed work comparing Coventry to Oxford, or any other location despite trying to use that as a baseline. I mean what have any of them been doing? If you listen to some of the earlier exchanges re the planning it's not a done deal, but this really isn't helping speedway as a viable cause. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

It's all so secretive. We've no TV money or viewing figures, no attendance figures, no reliable model examples. Nobody has done any detailed work comparing Coventry to Oxford, or any other location despite trying to use that as a baseline. I mean what have any of them been doing? If you listen to some of the earlier exchanges re the planning it's not a done deal, but this really isn't helping speedway as a viable cause. 

It's clear Sport England haven't, so I don't even know they've been called unless it's by the "opposition". Hopefully some more informed witnesses will be called.

He was doing okay until Matt Ford walked into the room :D

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It's clear Sport England haven't, so I don't even know they've been called unless it's by the "opposition". Hopefully some more informed witnesses will be called

See them referencing the KKP study for pitches needed, there's no rebuttal because they've done no work. Equally for Speedway nobody seems to have undertaken any figures to support. No wonder he's getting flustered. I hope SCS or someone has some figures or they're going to be royally rogered. 

He's talking about Football pitches... he's flying now!

If the Gentleman from Sport England has been called as an Expert Witness, then the campaign have wasted their money. Poorly prepared and clearly uncomfortable answering many direct questions. I just hope Matt Ford has time today to speak. 

• Like 1

Good tactics from the questioner.:(

Knows the witness is like a rabbit in headlights and continually using a minor point to make it a bigger issue than what it really is, to sway the whole process.

Well going by what I’ve just seen in the last 45 minutes Brandon is lost that bloke has to be the most un prepared for the job in hand as I’ve ever seen totally uncomfortably in what he was supposed to be doing - on what I’ve just witnessed all is lost 

• Like 1

If they were asking Save Coventry Speedway why Leicester failed, they'd have been able to answer with several responses.....

Popularity of the Promoter

Lower League Racing

No Leicester fans to follow it as direct enemy of Coventry

Maybe their QC is labouring the point as a filibuster tactic to prevent Matt Ford giving evidence at a crucial time, whilst the developers objectively have the upper hand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SJA said:

If the Gentleman from Sport England has been called as an Expert Witness, then the campaign have wasted their money. Poorly prepared and clearly uncomfortable answering many direct questions. I just hope Matt Ford has time today to speak. 

He (Neil Allen) is appearing on behalf of the council, not a witness for SCS.

• Like 1

It’s poor that he filibustered for so long, drawn out questions and interminable pauses which now means Ford has travelled for nothing. 

Sports England guy was useless didn't know how many riders were in a team, sounded like he had never been to speedway despite living in manchester.

• Like 2

It's still early days and it's all been focused on why Speedway and Stock Cars shouldn't be there and why a 3G pitch should be in it's place... The nitty gritty will come when Brandon Estates have to justify building a housing estate on a sporting heritage site

• Like 1