British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue v Poole Monday 1/7/19 BT Sports

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant see how he is an improvement imo

He is 35 and his average has gone down but probably pull out all the stops tomorrow on his debut. I know Wells hasn't been great at the NSS but not sure Tero will be any better. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He is 35 and his average has gone down but probably pull out all the stops tomorrow on his debut. I know Wells hasn't been great at the NSS but not sure Tero will be any better. 

He couldn't possibly be any worse 

11 minutes ago, acef said:

He couldn't possibly be any worse 

Wells had some reasonable away scores and didn't ride that badly at Poole, i would of said Berge and Lidsey were worse.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Wells had some reasonable away scores and didn't ride that badly at Poole, i would of said Berge and Lidsey were worse.

Wells has been bloody awful away, which is what he was brought in for. But I still had more faith in him improving so would have brought aarnio in for berge 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Wells has been bloody awful away, which is what he was brought in for. But I still had more faith in him improving so would have brought aarnio in for berge 

Well he got 4 from 4 at Poole which I didn't think was that bad and I did notice he got a good score guesting for Peterborough recently.

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well he got 4 from 4 at Poole which I didn't think was that bad and I did notice he got a good score guesting for Peterborough recently.

He's been crap. It's as simple as that. Berge not much better but, and this is why he was kept, Dimitri has good home form.

overcast day in manchester but dry  !!few showers f/cast but could easily get away with it staying dry nothing to worry about late evening sunshine f/cast also so should be near perfect conditions for the meeting which will please the terrible two pearson/tatum :rofl: always a action packed meeting against the pie-rats :t:

Edited by geoff58

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

overcast day in manchester but dry  !!few showers f/cast but could easily get away with it staying dry nothing to worry about late evening sunshine f/cast also so should be near perfect conditions for the meeting which will please the terrible two pearson/tatum :rofl: always a action packed meeting against the pie-rats :t:

might be even better when the pirates go round after the meeting to take the applause of the crowd after our narrow win:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vissing now guests for aarnio. 

Pooles to loose 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Vissing now guests for aarnio. 

Pooles to loose 

Oh I thought it was reported he was ok only bruising.

That's what was reported. That's what he reported. Suppose once the adrenaline wore off and he woke up this morning he diddnt feel upto it  

Dont think vissingbhas ever rode NSS before so that sets us bk. 

I saw him at the 4s last week and he was way off the pace

Edited by Phil The Ace

40 minutes ago, ray c said:

might be even better when the pirates go round after the meeting to take the applause of the crowd after our narrow win:t:

oh the cockiness we will see :nono:

Poole now favourites for this 

Last time was a 45-45 draw

Richie Worrall scored 3............R/R will cover that

Covatti and NBJ scored 7 between them................Becker managed that on his own at the NSS and Etheridge goes well round there

Poole now quite a bit stronger

Wells being replaced by a rider who has never ridden at the NSS

If Belle Vue pick up a surprise win and the Witches get points at Peterborough , then those 2 sides will pull clear at the top of the league

I know its all about making the top 4 , but Poole will be in a dogfight with Swindon, Peterborough, and Lynn for 2 places

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Tongue in cheek comment before he knew  Tero situation I expect, Vissing used to go well at larger tracks like Peterborough so maybe not that bad unfortunately for the Aces Starke is already guesting at Peterborough tonight otherwise I am sure they would have got him. Surprised that Vissing is the best guest available though.

I wouldn't worry your top 5 are amazing so still expect you to win but hopefully we can get a point.

17 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Could be just wishful thinking though :D

• Sad 1