British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue v Poole Monday 1/7/19 BT Sports

Monday sees the return of speedway on BT Sports with a near top of the table clash between BV and what will be a very patched up Pirates team, after the loss of Richie and Nico.

I guess we will go with r/r for Richie and bring in a guest for Covatti. Meaning two guest reserve riders so not ideal. Nico’s scoring potential will certainly be missed.

BV are solid at home but we did get a draw up there this season. Could be harder to come away with anything this time around though, as Richie’s rides can only be covered by Josh and the two guest reserves.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Monday sees the return of speedway on B Sports with a near top of the table clash between BV and what will be a very patched up Pirates team, after the loss of Richie and Nico.

I guess we will go with r/r for Richie and bring in a guest for Covatti. Meaning two guest reserve riders so not ideal. Nico’s scoring potential will certainly be missed.

BV are solid at home but we did get a draw up there this season. Could be harder to come away with anything this time around though, as Richie’s rides can only be covered by Josh and the two guest reserves.

Worrall only got 3 last time so r/r for him won’t be to much of an issue 

Covatti got 6 last time and NBJ only 1

Get the right reserves in (horses for courses) and Poole will be stronger 

Poole should be able to find the 10 points scored by Worrall , Covatti and NBJ not that hard to replace 

A draw last time..... Poole now stronger.... away win

• Haha 1

MPT would be a no brainer if he fits. 

Becker got 7 last time at Belle Vue and rode well there in the SON 

If Poole were to use Etheridge he goes well at the NSS

Can see Becker and Etheridge getting the 7 points between them that Covatti and NBJ did 

As long as R/R gets 3 or more Poole look good here 

Edited by Gavan
  • Haha 1

Every team riding but wolves so surely becker will be 1 guest. Depends on the other. 

Etheridge is a good shout but I'd guess it will be starke if fits

• Like 1

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

Every team riding but wolves so surely becker will be 1 guest. Depends on the other. 

Etheridge is a good shout but I'd guess it will be starke if fits

Bit of a no brainer to have Becker I would think , may have already been booked to cover NBJ. Starke hasn't ridden well lately but last night holding off Berge was vital so he was definitely up for it but I think Etheridge is a better bet at the NSS.

We are riding well at the moment and have the best away record in the league. As long as we start like we did against Wolves we have a chance of at least a point.

The right guests need to be picked for reserve though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Becker got 7 last time at Belle Vue and rode well there in the SON 

If Poole were to use Etheridge he goes well at the NSS

Can see Becker and Etheridge getting the 7 points between them that Covatti and NBJ did 

As long as R/R gets 3 or more Poole look good here 

Yes but both Worrall and Covatti were going pretty well and Worrall riding better than he was earlier in the season, so in my view r/r needs to yield at least 6 to compensate. NBJ on the other hand wasn't going well so anything over 2 would be an improvement on his likely score.If Becker scores 7-8 then that is comparable to what I would expect from Covatti..

Etheridge and Becker were certainly being considered last night with Wolves the only Premiership team NOT in action.  Not sure about Etheridge (av 5.65 for Berwick) as he was dropped by BV last season, but the choice is limited so his NSS experience might prove vital.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

MPT would be a no brainer if he fits. 

We are riding. :oops:

• Haha 1

What's funny is that if wells is the one that's been sacked he could guest for Poole monday 

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

What's funny is that if wells is the one that's been sacked he could guest for Poole monday 

Has anyone been sacked?

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Has anyone been sacked?

1 of berge or wells I hear. Well 1 new rider is in for Monday anyway

Edited by Phil The Ace

8 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

1 of berge or wells I hear. Well 1 new rider is in for Monday anyway

Who is replacing Bjerre - assuming he's still injured?!