British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Berwick Bandits SGB Championship Sun 30 June 2019 @ 6.30pm

48 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Garcia too, I should imagine.

Yes but he been only a shadow of his early season form lately! Just wonder how much the injury he got at Berwick few weeks ago hit him Plus bike trouble

Line-ups (taken off the SpeedwayGB website):

NEWCASTLE: Steve Worrall, Max Clegg, Lasse Bjerre, Matthew Wethers, Thomas Jorgensen, Jacob Bukhave, Danny Phillips.

BERWICK: Aaron Summers, Jye Etheridge, Kevin Doolan, Dany Gappmaier, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen R/R, Coty Garcia, Leon Flint.

Fantastic performance from Gap again

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

As Dick Barrie comes on here and tells everyone, most fans are only bothered by what riders do at home. So if he's correct, you shouldn't be concerned by another away performance that he fails to score in ;).

Just be glad theres speedway, thats the only thing they want people to be concerned with, not how dross the team is.

When you only have four scoring riders you are going to be up against it to say the least, Berwick were well in it up to half way, sadly then thing kind of fell apart. Excellent from Aaron Summers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, emilali said:

As Dick Barrie comes on here and tells everyone, most fans are only bothered by what riders do at home. So if he's correct, you shouldn't be concerned by another away performance that he fails to score in ;).

Just be glad theres speedway, thats the only thing they want people to be concerned with, not how dross the team is.

Does Mr Barrie come on here, he has spent most of the last few years via his programme column telling us he doesn't. You`ll be telling us next he has multi usernames.:rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emilali said:

Surprised you're concerned about the team's form

23 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Surprised you're concerned about the team's form

Where did I say I was? 

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Quickest he went all night was when he rode across the centre green when he retired in heat 10 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Impressed by Jacob tonight... Improved in every ride and you could clearly see the confidence and speed building up throughout the night... Looks like he's going to be a decent reserve eventually :) Messed up his first ride after hitting Flint and nearly coming off himself... After that he got better... Bit more track experience needed I think... Should gave gone out in second half with Ondrej and Josh to get a bit more track time under his belt...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, emilali said:

Where did I say I was? 

The fact you're taking time and effort to comment on it

38 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Impressed by Jacob tonight... Improved in every ride and you could clearly see the confidence and speed building up throughout the night... Looks like he's going to be a decent reserve eventually :) Messed up his first ride after hitting Flint and nearly coming off himself... After that he got better... Bit more track experience needed I think... Should gave gone out in second half with Ondrej and Josh to get a bit more track time under his belt...

Agree

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

We were there with Jacob tonight and he had a few issues with his starts, so his mechanic changed the sprocket and some other changes and as you say it went better for him. It was nice to hear the fans shouting for him and talking to him after the meeting. First home meeting, so hope it goes better for him as he needs a chance to ride for a team here and hopefully score more. My first time at Brough Park and enjoyed the night and good to see some familiar faces there. I'm glad the management are giving him a chance with no pressure so he can get settled.

Edited by Speedway4ever