British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Scunthorpe CL 31/8/19 @ 7pm

13 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Obviously I wasn’t there but why couldn’t riders turn there bikes 

Obviously!  "someone" put steering locks on their bikes............  Unfortunately bike set-up is 90% important in today's speedway (10% being the riders ability)......

With team Denmark now at Glasgow I suspect they will want a slick track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMungo said:

Slick? :O

Many riders needed to go to the toilet before the meeting started because they were sh***ing themselves! That track was incredibly grippy, hence the reason why a number of the Glasgow riders keep shooting past the bends. Most riders were having to go 2-3 teeth higher than they normally would have.

Sam Jensen looks to be a great capture, he'll be knocking up big points very, very soon I have no doubt.

Took Sam a few rides to get the set up right and got better every ride good prospect for next year quick learner on every track he has been too 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StepK said:

That was a tough watch last night. 

Well done to the scorpions for attacking a difficult track and getting the rewards.

We had new people with us last night.. we're going to struggle to get them back after last night. We sat down at 6.30 and by 8pm we had seen 3 heats of strung out races and lots of tractor racing. I banged on about how amazing the racing has been this year

Good of Peter Facenna for coming on the Mike at the end and apologising. Sadly I have to disagree with his closing line about winning the league. Just cant see us beating the other teams over 2 legs.

Great to see Moto3 star John McPhee in the stand with his family. Just a shame it was last nights meeting he was at.

Facenna  a must be getting fed up apologising to the public ,while the track was maybe difficult the attitude of some of his Team leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1