British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick , CL 6/9/19@19-30

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19186/redcar-championship-02-08-2019?page=1

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19329/scunthorpe-championship-31-08-2019?page=1

So the racing, from the same texter, is similar with the race times almost similar barring the result.

Rose tinted glasses that only sees the one side of racing, WINNING.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19186/redcar-championship-02-08-2019?page=1

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19329/scunthorpe-championship-31-08-2019?page=1

So the racing, from the same texter, is similar with the race times almost similar barring the result.

Rose tinted glasses that only sees the one side of racing, WINNING.

Heat times don't mean anything as the majority didn't seem interested , not one person didn't say Scunthorpe didn't deserve it so what are you going  on about let me see how i can put this.

THE RACING WAS SHOCKING.

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

if i was stranded on a desert island with you and a tin of corned beef , i would eat you and talk to the tin of corned beef.

That's, maybe, because you know what crap is in corned beef( & haslet & you eat haggis) :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

That's, maybe, because you know what crap is in corned beef( & haslet & you eat haggis) :rolleyes:

There you go assuming we all eat Haggis :D.

You also assume that it was a good meeting last week , i rest my case.

Edited by Gazc

Taken from updates;

Heat 1 Allen gates, Cookie passes him off bend 2 and romps off to win.
Heat 2 Lambert gates and leads all the way. Kyle was passed by Connor on lap 2 and just held off Kinsley on the last lap
Heat 3 Claus forces his way past Nielsen to lead on lap 1. Auty passed Claus bend 2 lap 2
Heat 5 Scorpions gate. Claus passes Nielsen end of lap 1. He closes up to Allen but can't make the pass. Sam kept Nielsen honest.
Heat 7 Tigers gate on a 5-1. Auty flies past Rasmus into lap 2 and then closes on Cookie. Cookie holds on for the win
Heat 9 Great first opening bends by Barker to lead. Sam holds off Kinsley under some pressure on the last lap
Heat 10 Cracking race between Cookie and Auty. Cookie just holds him off
Heat 11 Rasser gates but Allen flies past him off bend 2. Allen wins comfortably while Lambert keeps Rasser honest
Heat 14 Great race. Tremendous effort by Sam to take the lead on lap 3, but the Scorpions both pass him on lap 4
Heat 15 Another cracking ride from Sam to keep Barker behind him. Allen had too much speed for him though

It seems that there was plenty of entertainment, not just at the front but at the back, also. Probably more than you would see on tv at PL level or a GP.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Taken from updates;

Heat 1 Allen gates, Cookie passes him off bend 2 and romps off to win.
Heat 2 Lambert gates and leads all the way. Kyle was passed by Connor on lap 2 and just held off Kinsley on the last lap
Heat 3 Claus forces his way past Nielsen to lead on lap 1. Auty passed Claus bend 2 lap 2
Heat 5 Scorpions gate. Claus passes Nielsen end of lap 1. He closes up to Allen but can't make the pass. Sam kept Nielsen honest.
Heat 7 Tigers gate on a 5-1. Auty flies past Rasmus into lap 2 and then closes on Cookie. Cookie holds on for the win
Heat 9 Great first opening bends by Barker to lead. Sam holds off Kinsley under some pressure on the last lap
Heat 10 Cracking race between Cookie and Auty. Cookie just holds him off
Heat 11 Rasser gates but Allen flies past him off bend 2. Allen wins comfortably while Lambert keeps Rasser honest
Heat 14 Great race. Tremendous effort by Sam to take the lead on lap 3, but the Scorpions both pass him on lap 4
Heat 15 Another cracking ride from Sam to keep Barker behind him. Allen had too much speed for him though

It seems that there was plenty of entertainment, not just at the front but at the back, also. Probably more than you would see on tv at PL level or a GP.

As i say corned beef.

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

There you go assuming we all eat Haggis :D.

You also assume that it was a good meeting last week , i rest my case.

I have tried your so called delicacy in a few parts of Scotland on golfing breaks & motor biking breaks.

You know what they say about "assuming" They make an "ass" out of "u" and "me" ;)

Ashfield has served up some great racing this year. Vast majority of meetings have been terrific value for money with passing from both sides unlike a few years ago when FTG was the norm. I cannot fathom why folk can't accept that last week fell well short of that standard. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

To be fair it was worse than that. As I've said before if last week was the norm and I don't mean the result I 'd stop going 

Unfortunately it was the home Team that didn’t turn up ,or it simply would have been Scunny were crap.!!

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazc said:

The way i see it is after last weeks fiasco they can't afford another meeting that may cheat the fans,  it would do more damage in future regarding crowd levels.

I hazard a guess that it was more to do with the daily rain all week.

You really believe that ...GazC , jeez you’re worse than last season !! Glasgow really do themselves no favours at trying to win no matter what it takes , suck it up , get on track and win like any other team . Bit of  the wet stuff , a stuffing last week and a postponement tonight . UTB (up the Bears)

• Like 1

that daily rain , is that a new newspaper ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Taylorj said:

You really believe that ...GazC , jeez you’re worse than last season !! Glasgow really do themselves no favours at trying to win no matter what it takes , suck it up , get on track and win like any other team . Bit of  the wet stuff , a stuffing last week and a postponement tonight . UTB (up the Bears)

See you still talk drivel if the track is deemed not fit then that's what it is, i thought even you would understand that.

But then again maybe not.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

It was fit last week with covers, the meeting wouldn’t of went ahead in 2019 if it was not, but you’s didn’t bother using them this week despite no rain anywhere near start time

It was called off why is it so difficult for some on here to get a grasp off that.

All we can hope is the weather to play ball (big ask) and get this on before the 19th of this month.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It was called off why is it so difficult for some on here to get a grasp off that.

All we can hope is the weather to play ball (big ask) and get this on before the 19th of this month.

Weather wise on the day ,was it bad.Fans are starting to get the impression that any dampness in the air or rain a couple of day before meeting will it be on or off nowadays.Thats big negative for the sport at all tracks these days.The sport is a shambles and their doesn’t seem a way out of it. Only my opinion. I’m sure plenty would disagree.

• Like 1