British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Wont be there.....got a housewarming party to go to which is much more important to me.

Would have been at Ipswich last night if the dates wasnt moved 

Really much more important that supporting your team in a play off semi ? Always excuses. Im sure you will have some more all ready  written down for tomorrow night as well. :o

39 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think Ipswich will win by 12,,,,,,,,,,but I haven't taken my medication today yet. Once I've taken my meds, I will think Poole will probably actually win at Ipswich as well. 

:rofl:

4 hours ago, orion said:

Ipswich should win with ease unless Poole pull off a miracle against all the odds

You've been on the deisal again havn't you  :nono:

34 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Would you...........

Love on the steps of the Ippo track shop..:rofl:

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

You've been on the deisal again havn't you  :nono:

Thou it's painful ...whoosh

Easy win for the Poirates

I don't think some of these speedway fans have anything else in their lives Gavan, good on your mate for getting himself back on his feet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Yep im going to a flat warming party of a mate who lost his wife to cancer over a year ago........didnt have any children and after a rocky road he is back on his feet a bit and we are all going round there to celebrate his new home...........

So why didnt you put that in your post in the first place, knowing that you are bound to get flak for not turning up for the meeting. ? And you call me stupid.

34 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I don't think some of these speedway fans have anything else in their lives Gavan, good on your mate for getting himself back on his feet. 

I get mocked for not going to many meetings and i dont mind that....only been to 4 this year

In the 90's i was there every week even getting in as a child until i was 17 lol

I am divorced and have my children every wednesday and thursday and then every other weekend. 

As i said i would have been there Thursday and if by a miracle we make the final i will be there

Starman is just a fool and yes far more important things in my life then speedway

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

So why didnt you put that in your post in the first place, knowing that you are bound to get flak for not turning up for the meeting. ? And you call me stupid.

Why the f..k do i have to justify to you why i dont go!

And why should people get flak for not going.......

For all her faults on here at times Lisa Colette doesnt go much because she has a life that isnt just speedway..................nothing wrong in that

Maybe if your life involved more than just Poole speedway you would understand

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Are you married starry? Or have a partner or children,or any interests in anything else? 

Yeh i have a life outside speedway. But tell me, how many posts have i put up on here in the last year ? I'l tell you probably a quarter of what steve and lisa put up. As i said, i barely  come on here now. And you wonder why..

Forecast starting to look a bit iffy now for tomorrow night. The bbc show rain hitting the area around 7-8pm. Not going all that way for a call off. Will look again in the morning.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why the f..k do i have to justify to you why i dont go!

And why should people get flak for not going.......

For all her faults on here at times Lisa Colette doesnt go much because she has a life that isnt just speedway..................nothing wrong in that

Maybe if your life involved more than just Poole speedway you would understand

Tbh I think you can get in a routine of not going! Which is a bit bad I suppose. I think if the standard was how it was in the early 2000s I would try harder to go. But atm with after school activities on Mon and thurs, she doesn't finish school til about half 4. I don't exactly live in Poole, so prob only get 90 mins at the most with her before I would have to ask Grandparents to babysit for me. So I can't really justify going. 

It's like when work want to do a night out til 2am, on a school night. Like are you kidding me? If I don't fall asleep before 11pm it's a miracle! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1