British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

If Birmingham have to race 20 meetings to make the rent pay, perhaps they could go though in every round of the KOC regardless of score & get a place in the play-offs regardless of league position? Wouldn't be the worst rule made in Speedway lol

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If Birmingham have to race 20 meetings to make the rent pay, perhaps they could go though in every round of the KOC regardless of score & get a place in the play-offs regardless of league position? Wouldn't be the worst rule made in Speedway lol

image.jpeg.5cd819e43066c48f1033efe93665573d.jpeg

• Haha 1

Bottom line.....I guess the future of Birmingham Speedway is in the hands of finding sufficient Sponsorship....end of !

Think the longer it goes on it could make it worse,  as in putting a team together most heat leaders already signed elsewhere . Which would not help with getting fans through the gates? Think Kent would have the same problem as well, if they did run? 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think the longer it goes on it could make it worse,  as in putting a team together most heat leaders already signed elsewhere . Which would not help with getting fans through the gates? Think Kent would have the same problem as well, if they did run? 

This is something Eastbourne considered strongly before deciding  to leave Championship racing until 2023, we simply ran out of time and one of the reasons but not the only one was what possible team we could field.

Edited by M.D

On 11/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, HGould said:

50k annual rent and 20 meetings is draconian and also kills off any thoughts of NDL in my opinion.

As I see it if CL is 10 teams and you have 9 home and 9 away plus KOC and a few fillers, you'd have to run as many as 6 home meetings as  "fillers" to reach the 20 fixtures so, they would be loss making meetings right off. If you don't run 20 fixtures you have to pay more rent per fixture to pay the 50k

There is very little land available at right price in the right areas in Birmingham / Greater Birmingham, and The Black Country is the same, look at Cradley issues trying to find land in Dudley and Sandwell Boroughs.

The big brown field sites like Longbridge have been used for residential and commercial development. The NEC / Airport area where nosie would be less of any issue is pretty much full up.

The City Council and Regional elected Mayor are useless.

As long as Wolves can hang on to Monmore or Coventry can reclaim Brandon, it's a very sobering outlook elsewhere in the area. There is another problem there though as any land that's encroaching on their territory so only robs Peter to pay Paul.

Grim times so we all have to pray that we can keep PB for as long as possible.

I'm not sure where the 50k rental figure has come from or if its correct but I'm sure Nigel will have all the figures he needs to make a decision. He might have very deep pockets and be happy to keep the club going, that is up to him. 

What I do know is that at present, he is the only person who is willing to take that chance and I hope it works out and it's an enjoyable season at Perry Barr 

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I'm not sure where the 50k rental figure has come from or if its correct but I'm sure Nigel will have all the figures he needs to make a decision. He might have very deep pockets and be happy to keep the club going, that is up to him. 

What I do know is that at present, he is the only person who is willing to take that chance and I hope it works out and it's an enjoyable season at Perry Barr 

Believe the 50k rent as come from the club.

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

5 of our riders from last season seem to be unattached at present....add Smolinski and another Heat Leader ?

Just going from Confirmed Signings 2022 thread?

Barker not attached yet???

Edited by GiveusaB

On 11/16/2021 at 11:13 PM, PotteringAround said:

'm not familiar with Tracey Smith?

According to her Facebook post, Tracey has come down with Covid. With the incubation period being what it is, there's a possibility that transmission could have taken place at the meeting.

It may not be a bad idea, if you were at the meeting too, that you get yourself tested...just in case.

7 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

All quiet on the western front? Would there be any riders left now for the Brummies to sign, if they run 

I've read they have to signal a firm inrention before the AGM on 7th December.

It would appear from the news in this weeks Speedway Star that things are to quote "increasingly positive" but that no deal has been done yet between Peter and David and the new Consortium.

I would think the Masons would perfectly understandably want to recoup as much as possible to help reduce the significant losses from 2021  and that the new Consortium would want to be sure that their figures add up too so that they are not going to lose huge sums of money.

Team wise the core still seem to be unattached but heat leader quality riders seem in short supply unless you are over-paying like some have done and get their fingers badly burnt.

As they say sometimes no news is good news and until we're out we're in.

Prayer mats out and thermal underwear on in while we wait.

To recap what nigel tolley has said, there are several key factors that have to be met. 

1. Stadium rent.  None negotiable.  Thats the figure, pay it or sod off.

2. a deal with the masons to buy the club must be close or ready to be signed just waiting for the right moment. 

3. getting enough sponsors to cover the costs of the possible shortfall from the 1000 spectators break even figure.

4. being excepted by the bspl. 

Sounds easy when it's written down but, I'm sure it's not.

23 hours ago, Petecc said:

To recap what nigel tolley has said, there are several key factors that have to be met. 

1. Stadium rent.  None negotiable.  Thats the figure, pay it or sod off.

2. a deal with the masons to buy the club must be close or ready to be signed just waiting for the right moment. 

3. getting enough sponsors to cover the costs of the possible shortfall from the 1000 spectators break even figure.

4. being excepted by the bspl. 

Sounds easy when it's written down but, I'm sure it's not.

Accepted!

If that's all you've got to worry about, you must be in a very happy place in life.:drink:

Edited by Petecc
  • Like 1