British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Chris Harris was signed as a number 1 but ended up being a number 2.....

Ipswich are after a rider that could ride at number 1 as have just shy of 8 points remaining. However it may be that he has a lower ave so to put Klindt (when announced) at 1 for the start of the season. 

E.g. if KK was signed he would technically be our new no 1... but has a lower ave than Klindt. If Zager was signed then he would be new no 1 AND ride at 1.

Well you obviously know who our 6 riders are,,, so who are they.  I would guess currently,,,, klindt King Heeps Allen covatti and Ayres is a standby. 

And if its KK, he won't ever get to number 1,,,,,far too inconsistent,,, we have enough of those already

The best we can hope for is Holder.  Then I go back to my earlier point, who would score more. 

Edited by Baldyman

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

I think he means Chris Holder could sign on less than Klindt but become the number one.

What was Holder’s last average?

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

About 7.2.

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

About 7.2.

Don’t think anyone would argue that he’s not the rider he was at his peak, but you’d still take him on that figure surely. I would. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

7.16 (last official average from 2017).

Cant see much improvement in that tbh.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I could, especially riding for Ipswich. Holder has been a major beneficiary of Guy Nicholls’ sponsorship over the years, so I’d bet he’d give it more for “his” club (Ipswich) than he probably would for anyone else. 

• Like 2

Holder would easily improve on that average, okay he isn't world champ material  currently,,, but he is only 32, plenty of miles left in the tank. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

I could, especially riding for Ipswich. Holder has been a major beneficiary of Guy Nicholls’ sponsorship over the years, so I’d bet he’d give it more for “his” club (Ipswich) than he probably would for anyone else. 

He was poor last time with Poole, a club he is meant to be the only club he wants to ride for. He had been in steady decline during his time in the UK 2 seasons ago. Of course if he really wanted to come back to prove a point then he would be a good bet because he has had the ability in the past.

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

He’d achieve an 8 point average. Here is is in the Polish averages, above Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz and Robert Lambert, all comfortable 7.5 pointers here:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/statystyki

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Holder would easily improve on that average, okay he isn't world champ material  currently,,, but he is only 32, plenty of miles left in the tank. 

Don’t think he would easily. Iversen dropped from 7.87 to 7.54 during his short spell with Ipswich, and I don’t see Holder at that standard any more either. 

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think easily is an overstatement.

He'd be in and around that figure.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

He was poor last time with Poole, a club he is meant to be the only club he wants to ride for. He had been in steady decline during his time in the UK 2 seasons ago. Of course if he really wanted to come back to prove a point then he would be a good bet because he has had the ability in the past.

Let's not forget Chris had some horrendous injuries as well as trying to move on from his best mate Darcy's career ending accident. There was also a lot of personal off track stuff that affected him deeply and still affects whether he gets a visa or not. If he signs at Ippo or anywhere else he'll be an 8 point rider for sure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

He’d achieve an 8 point average. Here is is in the Polish averages, above Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz and Robert Lambert, all comfortable 7.5 pointers here:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/statystyki

Yet Iversen only achieved a small difference  from 7.38 in 2018 to 7.54 in 2019.

International averages have little to do with UK form which is more the point I’m making. 

Riders certainly don’t put the same priority to their UK racing as they do abroad which is evidenced by some of the most recent top line riders UK averages. (Holder, Iversen, KK, Zagar)

edit. Above figures altered as used wrong year average as comparison.

Edited by stevebrum
Altered facts

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Yet Iversen dropped from 7.87 in 2017 to 7.54 in 2019.

International averages have little to do with UK form which is more the point I’m making. 

Riders certainly don’t put the same priority to their UK racing as they do abroad which is evidenced by some of the most recent top line riders UK averages. (Holder, Iversen, KK, Zagar)

Iversen came in cold for a handful of fixtures.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Let's not forget Chris had some horrendous injuries as well as trying to move on from his best mate Darcy's career ending accident. There was also a lot of personal off track stuff that affected him deeply and still affects whether he gets a visa or not. If he signs at Ippo or anywhere else he'll be an 8 point rider for sure

How long are people going to keep using that as an excuse? It could be that all those issues have caused the steady decline of a world class rider (which wouldn’t be surprising).

He still performs to a decent standard abroad but it’s been clear his UK form for years has been at best chequered with commitment issues.