British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Think we will struggle to contain Swindon to be honest but it will still be a great season for us whatever the result.

The pinnacle so far was the semi final second leg but hoping next week can top that

I was at Ipswich when Swindon gave us a masterclass and we cant allow that to happen again

That said last time we won by 6...........i think we need a minimum of 12 points as we dont go well at Swindon............

Best of luck to both sides (but more for us)..at least this year we will have a fair final

So many digs you might need a new spade for Christmas! :P

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Swindon don’t stroll it would be an epic choke. Possibly helped again by the weather, Swindon will again be able to take advantage of the light rain due around 4, with a 90% chance at 7pm. Looks like the luck Ipswich had with the rain at Poole could bite them this time around.

Bitter bitter man........a choke is where a team is 10 up after the first leg......and celebrate the fact they think they are already in the final

They then go to the away leg over confident, and arrogant, their riders fail to show any fight and the manager fails to motivate them to try and win the match.............you must remember that second leg, it was at Ipswich where you had already won twice.....................yet your bunch of prima donnas bottled it big time

Just in case you werent sure we have beat Swindon twice at home this season by 6 points and lost away by 2 points...............in case maths isnt your strong point that would mean an overall victory for Ipswich

So just because the team that topped the league had the biggest choke of all time you then feel free to have a dig on here.............why dont you just go to Italy and let the Swindon and Ipswich fans and real speedway fans discuss the meeting

Yes of course Swindon are favourites but Poole were to............i dont think that Rosco will let his team off as lightly as Middlo did

Edited by Gavan

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So many digs you might need a new spade for Christmas! :P

Yes and i will keep digging

Ive endured time after time total and absolute crap from the troll and now im giving him plenty back................and while he remains pathetically bitter about the fact that Poole choked and keeps posting how one sided the final will be then i will keep replying in kind.

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes and i will keep digging

Ive endured time after time total and absolute crap from the troll and now im giving him plenty back................and while he remains pathetically bitter about the fact that Poole choked and keeps posting how one sided the final will be then i will keep replying in kind.

Fair enough, but we were 10 up not 12 ;) Ipswich were the ones with a 12 point lead half way through the first leg :)

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Swindon don’t stroll it would be an epic choke. Possibly helped again by the weather, Swindon will again be able to take advantage of the light rain due around 4, with a 90% chance at 7pm. Looks like the luck Ipswich had with the rain at Poole could bite them this time around.

You mean an epic choke like Poole, the team who finished top, so how exactly do you quantify a choke? only winning or losing by 2 on aggregate?

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Bitter bitter man........a choke is where a team is 10 up after the first leg......and celebrate the fact they think they are already in the final

They then go to the away leg over confident, and arrogant, their riders fail to show any fight and the manager fails to motivate them to try and win the match.............you must remember that second leg, it was at Ipswich where you had already won twice.....................yet your bunch of prima donnas bottled it big time

Just in case you werent sure we have beat Swindon twice at home this season by 6 points and lost away by 2 points...............in case maths isnt your strong point that would mean an overall victory for Ipswich

So just because the team that topped the league had the biggest choke of all time you then feel free to have a dig on here.............why dont you just go to Italy and let the Swindon and Ipswich fans and real speedway fans discuss the meeting

Yes of course Swindon are favourites but Poole were to............i dont think that Rosco will let his team off as lightly as Middlo did

There’s a saying. You couldn’t make it up. But you do in spades. It’s quite hilarious reading your posts as you type away in a blind uncontrollable fury, all alone in your life full of venom and bile and regret. We all have to chuckle at these frankly, boring and repetitive rants saying the same thing over and over again ad nauseam, as if you think people on here haven’t read it the first time it has to be repeated at least a dozen times more. 

If it makes you feel better making up the rubbish you posted above, so be it. The rest of us know differently.

I would have said, enjoy the final and let the best team win, but we know who that is already. And frankly, I don’t believe you give a damn anyway, as you can’t be bothered to even attend either meeting.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Fair enough, but we were 10 up not 12 ;) Ipswich were the ones with a 12 point lead half way through the first leg :)

So they really choked at Poole. Let’s be honest we would have had 60+ if it wasn’t for the rain just before the meeting. Their doctored track in the second leg wouldn’t have mattered. Just bad luck for us at the wrong time. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s a saying. You couldn’t make it up. But you do in spades. It’s quite hilarious reading your posts as you type away in a blind uncontrollable fury, all alone in your life full of venom and bile and regret. We all have to chuckle at these frankly, boring and repetitive rants saying the same thing over and over again ad nauseam, as if you think people on here haven’t read it the first time it has to be repeated at least a dozen times more. 

If it makes you feel better making up the rubbish you posted above, so be it. The rest of us know differently.

I would have said, enjoy the final and let the best team win, but we know who that is already. And frankly, I don’t believe you give a damn anyway, as you can’t be bothered to even attend either meeting.:rolleyes:

Please don’t speak for me :mad: I have no problem with Gavan at all but I do have a problem with certain Poole posters trying to wind him up! :rolleyes:

I thought this was the Ipswich v Swindon thread, Poole lost get over it........:drink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So they really choked at Poole. Let’s be honest we would have had 60+ if it wasn’t for the rain just before the meeting. Their doctored track in the second leg wouldn’t have mattered.

Let’s be honest - we have no way of knowing what might have been - only what actually happened and your boys took one helluva beating!  Now have some humble pie and get yourself off on your jolly holipegs!

• Like 3

Just now, Steve0 said:

Please don’t speak for me :mad: I have no problem with Gavan at all but I do have a problem with certain Poole posters trying to wind him up! :rolleyes:

Of course you have no problem with him. He doesn’t sit on the Swindon thread every waking minute making trolling, abusive remarks like a stuck record. You would soon get fed up with him if every one of his posts slagged off anything to do with your club from Rosco to Terry Russell to every team member to track staff.

Anyway back on topic. When the restaging for this then if it’s washed out?

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Just my opinion mate. But a lot will depend on the weather, and the state of the tracks. Under normal conditions, Ippo dont stand a prayer.

We didn’t “stand a prayer” of making the play offs by most on here at the start of the season, and we didn’t “stand a prayer” of making the final either when your lot fought back to take a 10 point lead after the first leg. 

One thing is certain, the majority on here are absolutely dreadful tipsters!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anyway back on topic. When the restaging for this then if it’s washed out?

If it's not possible for Tues/Weds (not sure if the stadium is available for these days even btw) then it will be the following Monday at the earliest  as the stadium is unavailable due to a huge stock car event at the weekend 

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If it's not possible for Tues/Weds (not sure if the stadium is available for these days even btw) then it will be the following Monday at the earliest  as the stadium is unavailable due to a huge stock car event at the weekend 

OK that’s shame as I am abroad and might struggle to see it.  Fingers crossed the weather plays fair.