British Speedway Forum

42 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Thought I read somewhere that Basso has a meeting in Denmark next Wednesday. Junior Championship or similar.

Looking a bit unlikely that we will ride next weds if some of the weekends meetings get called off! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Looking a bit unlikely that we will ride next weds if some of the weekends meetings get called off! 

At the moment the weather only looks like a problem for the Leicester fixture on Saturday as heavy rain is forecast from 1pm through the rest of the day according to the met office.

Wouldn't surprise me if the fixture is moved to Sunday if all officials & riders are available. Could well hear about this tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

At the moment the weather only looks like a problem for the Leicester fixture on Saturday as heavy rain is forecast from 1pm through the rest of the day according to the met office.

Wouldn't surprise me if the fixture is moved to Sunday if all officials & riders are available. Could well hear about this tomorrow.

Poole could always opt for Friday 8th or Sunday 10th October rather than Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole could always opt for Friday 8th or Sunday 10th October rather than Wednesday.

Yep they could, only on a personal note it could make my travel and accommodation tricky & more costly. Friday, most places want you to book Saturday as well. Sunday I may av to book Saturday night as well. But hey, it is wot it is when you rely on the trains. This is for the Pirates cause and I'll only do it for the cup final and play offs :t:

Edited by PirateShip

Someone on Scunthorpe speedway updates reconds Poole have already picked Leicester in the semi finals, does anyone know how true this is 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Someone on Scunthorpe speedway updates reconds Poole have already picked Leicester in the semi finals, does anyone know how true this is 

Can't see us picking Leicester!! I think it will be whoever goes through out of Edinburgh or Redcar.

Change of subject Matt's chateaux is on chateaux DIY on Monday 4th Oct at 4pm, if anyone is interested.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't see us picking Leicester!! I think it will be whoever goes through out of Edinburgh or Redcar.

Change of subject Matt's chateaux is on chateaux DIY on Monday 4th Oct at 4pm, if anyone is interested.

I think so as well, let Glasgow and Leicester fight it out 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think so as well, let Glasgow and Leicester fight it out 

Ooh that would be interesting as Leicester didn't do that well there last time!

we beat leicester on weds why not we won at leicester .could then be poole glasgow shoot out in the league and the cup dont matter who you pick you still got to win .sooner ride leicester than edinburgh in the semi final .just my opinion of course .ps i see  leiester all ready off tonight 

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Matt and Helen are on 4th/5th/6th and 7th and then again on 18th/19th I think

2 hours ago, ray c said:

we beat leicester on weds why not we won at leicester .could then be poole glasgow shoot out in the league and the cup dont matter who you pick you still got to win .sooner ride leicester than edinburgh in the semi final .just my opinion of course .ps i see  leiester all ready off tonight 

We didn't win at Leicester last time and we won at Edinburgh by 10, although they were without Richie then I think. Hume might want to go to Edinburgh as didn't he get 11 points there! Trouble is you need to get through the SF and into the final, so picking the best team is a bit silly to me! Can save beating the best team til the final. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ah yes, you are right. I couldn't remember all the dates from the top of my head :D

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Hope they are both wearing their Pirates caps, jackets & shirts! :lol:

On 9/30/2021 at 6:31 PM, Skidder1 said:

I hope not next Sunday unless it’s early afternoon. I am seeing Level 42 at Bournemouth Pavilion at 7 pm Sunday 10th.