British Speedway Forum

I've asked the same question in the Ipswich thread - Is Nico in the country or is he confined to his home in Italy?

12 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

he is Argentinian , why would he be in Italy 

He lives there and rides on an Italian licence!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

He lives there and rides on an Italian licence!!!

If he lives in Italy, then surely he will not be allowed to travel if what I saw on TV is true ?  Does anyone know the facts ?

Could upset te Kings team.

5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

If he lives in Italy, then surely he will not be allowed to travel if what I saw on TV is true ?  Does anyone know the facts ?

Could upset te Kings team.

Nico is in UK already.

I'm sure I heard on telly last night that Scotland are banning public gatherings such as football, concerts and others. So must apply to Speedway I

would guess.  Where does that leave Edinburgh and Glasgow ?  And does it mean that the rest of the country will follow suit ?  This whole virus

situation gets more serious by the hour.

6 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I'm sure I heard on telly last night that Scotland are banning public gatherings such as football, concerts and others. So must apply to Speedway I

would guess.  Where does that leave Edinburgh and Glasgow ?  And does it mean that the rest of the country will follow suit ?  This whole virus

situation gets more serious by the hour.

You heard correct all sporting and social events with 500 or more attending will not be allowed.

Some clubs, especially those running two teams, might have to reduce their fixtures. Kent with their planning restrictions might be one of those.

On 3/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, Gazc said:

You heard correct all sporting and social events with 500 or more attending will not be allowed.

No danger of speedway suffering then. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ben91 said:

No danger of speedway suffering then. 

Sorry but that's silly.

Most clubs in Championship need twice 500 spectators (paying) -- how many do you think are admitted free -- riders/mechanics/ officials.....you would end up with a paying attendance of sub 400. = Not viable

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Sorry but that's silly.

Most clubs in Championship need twice 500 spectators (paying) -- how many do you think are admitted free -- riders/mechanics/ officials.....you would end up with a paying attendance of sub 400. = Not viable

I was definitely being entirely serious...

7 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

I was definitely being entirely serious...

Yes, a Rye House supporter....living in cloud cuckoo land. 

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, a Rye House supporter....living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Residing in the capital city of Sarcasm... hasn’t been the same since they built that bypass.

16 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Residing in the capital city of Sarcasm... hasn’t been the same since they built that bypass.

Although in the age group being advised to self isolate, I will still go to Kent Speedway if it runs because the grandstand is big enough

that I can find a seat not too close other people. Not being anti-social, just following guidelines to keep 2m away from other people. I

hope others are of a similar frame of mind as it's either that or no Speedway.

Just had a phone call to tell me that it has been made public that Speedway is closed until middle of April.

Does anyone know more detail ?