British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

still waiting for this to happen at poole but the difference is gi dont own poole stadium 

On 7/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, orion said:

There was over 100  likes etc on Facebook..You could cry how stupid people.are His deal  that somehow he   still boasts about has done nothing  to protect Gaming not building a New Stadium..Why is he waiting for news - updates etc..Surely he should be the one putting his foot in Clark Osbourne door demanding meetings answers etc .

Yeah exactly. Apparently he saved speedway in Swindon a few years ago but now he can't force them to build it. He's full of sh1te. Someone on the Adver comments said that Gaming were initially told to build the stadium before any houses were built but said they can't afford it without the funds from the housing. If that's true and SBC agreed to that then that decision has killed us. Why didn't SBC or Tomlinson do their research on Gaming before agreeing to that. £££££££££££££???????

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah exactly. Apparently he saved speedway in Swindon a few years ago but now he can't force them to build it. He's full of sh1te. Someone on the Adver comments said that Gaming were initially told to build the stadium before any houses were built but said they can't afford it without the funds from the housing. If that's true and SBC agreed to that then that decision has killed us. Why didn't SBC or Tomlinson do their research on Gaming before agreeing to that. £££££££££££££???????

Don’t you know the answer to your question????

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

The bottom line  is mate  is that Tomlinson and Sbc wanted the houses built .. Its not as thou they were  not told what would happen . As I said telling people that a staduim would be built made him look like a hero.at the same time he's played a blinder .  Looking at the Facebook page I do wonder if it's a only me you and a  handful of people who understand what he's done..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orion said:

The bottom line  is mate  is that Tomlinson and Sbc wanted the houses built .. Its not as thou they were  not told what would happen . As I said telling people that a staduim would be built made him look like a hero.at the same time he's played a blinder .  Looking at the Facebook page I do wonder if it's a only me you and a  handful of people who understand what he's done..

Fans on twitter were less believing of him from what I saw. I guess some fans hear what they want to hear. 

Edited by lisa-colette

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Fans on twitter were less believing of him from what I saw. I guess some fans hear what they want to hear. 

Yeah I've replied numerous times on twitter and never had a response. He's not interested in responding when he can't BS his way out of it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, orion said:

Yeah the happy clappers will believe anything. The only hope we ever had was running with the old stadium format and Gaming did enough demolition works to completely ruin that possibility. Bet the management at Gaming are having a right laugh about how they managed to hoodwink another council and get away with it again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah the happy clappers will believe anything. The only hope we ever had was running with the old stadium format and Gaming did enough demolition works to completely ruin that possibility. Bet the management at Gaming are having a right laugh about how they managed to hoodwink another council and get away with it again. 

Do the Council -Tomlinson care if have been Hoodwinked thou.? They got  the Houses built.i expect that was there  priority.  I expect councils get back handers all the time from Gi anyhow..I expect they might be all be in it together . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

Do the Council -Tomlinson care if have been Hoodwinked thou.? They got  the Houses built.i expect that was there  priority.  I expect councils get back handers all the time from Gi anyhow..I expect they might be all be in it together . 

… is the correct answer!

• Like 3

Tomlinsons just another typical lying Tory Prick who hates showing his face when he's been found out 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Midland Red said:

… is the correct answer!

It honestly baffles me when you have clear historical data based evidence of the M.O. of any organisation doing similar in the past, that people still act so naive, subservient and gullible when faced with the same thing happening.. 

If Swindon fans want the sport back there then they need to close down the town centre in their thousands, by marching through it, making plenty of noise and gaining plenty of media coverage, calling out local and national government officials and the company involved...

That "demonstration" the other week was, with all due respect to those who attended, frankly pathetic, given the "size of the prize", and will only have reinforced the belief in those who want to build houses that their opposition is "virtually non existent", and that those who do oppose them cannot organise or execute anything that will ultimately hurt them in the public conscience, and wider larger media..

Whilst the kids are off and the weather is nice, get out there and protest..

The media love kids protesting and pick the right one to get a lot of coverage about how his/her speedway has "been taken away" and they might start to get some ball rolling if not a bandwagon in gear...

The apathy that currently appears to reign wont help the sport back into Swindon and will only help the cause of those who are trying to never allow it back..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Tomlinsons just another typical lying Tory Prick who hates showing his face when he's been found out 

Makes no difference if he is Tory or not all politicians are just out for themselves and their mates anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

It honestly baffles me when you have clear historical data based evidence of the M.O. of any organisation doing similar in the past, that people still act so naive, subservient and gullible when faced with the same thing happening.. 

If Swindon fans want the sport back there then they need to close down the town centre in their thousands, by marching through it, making plenty of noise and gaining plenty of media coverage, calling out local and national government officials and the company involved...

That "demonstration" the other week was, with all due respect to those who attended, frankly pathetic, given the "size of the prize", and will only have reinforced the belief in those who want to build houses that their opposition is "virtually non existent", and that those who do oppose them cannot organise or execute anything that will ultimately hurt them in the public conscience, and wider larger media..

Whilst the kids are off and the weather is nice, get out there and protest..

The media love kids protesting and pick the right one to get a lot of coverage about how his/her speedway has "been taken away" and they might start to get some ball rolling if not a bandwagon in gear...

The apathy that currently appears to reign wont help the sport back into Swindon and will only help the cause of those who are trying to never allow it back..

I agree with everything you have said. Unfortunately it shows the main issue Swindon or anywhere else faces in the face of housing development.

The fanbase & the support levels are just too small is just to small to provide any opposition.

I remember in the mid nineties when Ipswich nearly went of of business. The local MP got involved there were large protests in the centre of town the management & riders we're in the centre of town fund raising. All that sparked huge local media coverage & £100k was raised in next to no time ensuring that the speedway could continue.

If something similar happened today I'm not sure the out come would be the same.

Sad times but the price of being a minority sport with an ever decreasing fan base.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I agree with everything you have said. Unfortunately it shows the main issue Swindon or anywhere else faces in the face of housing development.

The fanbase & the support levels are just too small is just to small to provide any opposition.

I remember in the mid nineties when Ipswich nearly went of of business. The local MP got involved there were large protests in the centre of town the management & riders we're in the centre of town fund raising. All that sparked huge local media coverage & £100k was raised in next to no time ensuring that the speedway could continue.

If something similar happened today I'm not sure the out come would be the same.

Sad times but the price of being a minority sport with an ever decreasing fan base.

Most of what you say is spot on . What i would add thou is that Gaming have been clever off killing the interest knowing the longer they keep us out the passion dies day by day .

i wonder   if or more likely we can't run  next year someone from the Clubs or that Sell out Tomlinson has the balls to admit in Public what Gaming are about and admit to it rather than it might happen next year etc .

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, hagonshocker said:

yup typical MP of any party just getting his name about he does'nt care about people or the speedway he would'nt even help with a serious problem my disabled daughter had (and he was minister of disabled) typical tosser politician 

• Like 1