British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geoff100

The untold ron and his medal

The storey of Ronnie russell and his George medal on bbc sounds is well worth a listen, a true speedway hero.people north of watford might need subtitles, would luv to buy him a pint one day and listen to the crac .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The storey of Ronnie russell and his George medal on bbc sounds is well worth a listen, a true speedway hero.people north of watford might need subtitles, would luv to buy him a pint one day and listen to the crac .

I think you will find that ‘people north of watford’ will understand the language of ‘southerners’ quiet easily. It’s the snobby southerners who would struggle if it was the other way round. ;)

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Like 2

Big Ron, fellow cockney, Ackney and West Am United fan, always had time for a chat on the Blunsdon terraces. That sunburnt bald pate tearing round the Swindon track on his tractor.

3 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

I think you will find that ‘people north of watford’ will understand the language of ‘southerners’ quiet easily. It’s the snobby southerners who would struggle if it was the other way round. ;)

It's by being a "snobby southerner" that by re-locating to York I've managed to introduce to them a bit of class and sophistication!  ;)

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

It's by being a "snobby southerner" that by re-locating to York I've managed to introduce to them a bit of class and sophistication!  ;)

Plenty more class and sophistication in York than Romford. I love living in York and have no intention of going back to Essex now my parents have gone.

11 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

Plenty more class and sophistication in York than Romford. I love living in York and have no intention of going back to Essex now my parents have gone.

...ah but I'm from Oxford seat of learning! ;)

I watched it when it was on a few years ago and spoke to ronnie in the pits at Swindon about his heroics - he played it down for such a brave thing to do . 

On 1/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, steve roberts said:

I lived in Cumbria for a few years, they couldn't believe I got out of the bath to have a pee.. total heathens:D

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3