British Speedway Forum
2ndbendbeerhut

Ipswich vs Sheffield 27th May

It's a bleeding joke!!

GB has international priority for Thursday and Holder is prioritising a REARRANGED polish meeting on supposed travel grounds

Should be no facility for this CHOICE

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

https://ipswichwitches.co/ipswich-v-sheffield-raceday-preview/

oh look , Holder not there, strange that....

Rain off time...?:D

It says he isn't available due to a rearranged fixture in Poland...

Surely that means the UK have priority?

Isn't that a 28 day ban if he doesn't ride over here?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's a bleeding joke!!

GB has international priority for Thursday and Holder is prioritising a REARRANGED polish meeting on supposed travel grounds

Should be no facility for this CHOICE

Maybe Jack has been given permission to ride in Poland?

Seem to remember him being allowed to do so before.....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Rain off time...?:D

It says he isn't available due to a rearranged fixture in Poland...

Surely that means the UK have priority?

Isn't that a 28 day ban if he doesn't ride over here?

exactly but i wonder how more fixtures he will miss so R/R for 4 weeks will come in handy! :rolleyes:

And this is exactly why hardly anyone takes speedway as a serious sport. 

One big fat farce after another. And they wonder why fans keep walking away. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

That's handy for Ipswich AGAIN! First having r/r for Klindt not Allen against Lynn, now this, lucky, lucky, lucky!

i said at the time that no club should be given any facility ( inc Ipswich) but now the horse has bolted ....

Same goes for possible R/R for Stewart, shouldnt be allowed, theres enough riders who could replace him in the 1-7. How long is the club prepared to wait ? Redcar applied for his visa in December, so another 5 months for his Witches one then?

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And this is exactly why hardly anyone takes speedway as a serious sport. 

One big fat farce after another. And they wonder why fans keep walking away. 

When you say hardly anyone takes it seriously, I presume you include promoters in that too?

They've basically given up haven't they?

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

When you say hardly anyone takes it seriously, I presume you include promoters in that too?

They've basically given up haven't they?

It filters down doesn't it..... 

BSPA >>>>> promotions>>>>>riders>>>>fans

• Like 2

I think the majority of fans that still attend are partially,,,, some fully brain washed.....and will put up with and turn up and watch anything. I've seen nothing from my club promoter condeming Holder,,,, but I guess he cant,,, cos a favour was done for us last week?? Which is why at the time I said we should have had 2 juniors,,, to stop this happening 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think the majority of fans that still attend are partially,,,, some fully brain washed.....and will put up with and turn up and watch anything. I've seen nothing from my club promoter condeming Holder,,,, but I guess he cant,,, cos a favour was done for us last week?? Which is why at the time I said we should have had 2 juniors,,, to stop this happening 

On another thread I have said that those who go won't complain as they clearly accept it....

It's the 'ex followers' who are not there anymore, and the silence from the spaces that they used to frequent, in the four fifths empty stadiums, that should be 'listened' to..

Wont happen though, we all know that..

What about promotions of the other clubs,,, have they got any balls to say oi Sheffield no. Or what about the refs or whoever else gets a say.   Anyone?  Usual case of best interests of the sport.

As Jim Royle would say..... Sport my arse 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

That's handy for Ipswich AGAIN! First having r/r for Klindt not Allen against Lynn, now this, lucky, lucky, lucky!

Allen wasn't in the team - declarations take 3 days

And remember I said we should've been made to use 2 NL guests

27 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

What about promotions of the other clubs,,, have they got any balls to say oi Sheffield no. Or what about the refs or whoever else gets a say.   Anyone?  Usual case of best interests of the sport.

As Jim Royle would say..... Sport my arse 

No one will complain..

As they know that maybe next week, or the week after, or the week after that etc etc etc...

They will eventually also need a made up Mickey Mouse ruling to be given to them 'in the interests of speedway'...

Imagine trying to get a major blue chip company sponsor involved with a sport ran like this...? :D