British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayleigh

Allen Emmett

Very sad to read about Allen Emmetts current plight. It was him with Maloney, Saunders, Brown and Nigel Rackett that hooked me into speedway for over 50 years.

Well done to Tony @ Retro Speedway for starting a GoFundMe page.

As I would have shouted as a 12 year old "keeping going Allen, dont konk out"

• Like 1

You beat me to it!

Sad news indeed and I would also like to congratulate Tony Mac for his initiative. A worthy cause.

I recall on my first visit to Arlington in 1972 watching Allen achieve a sublime 12 point maximum beating all that the "Eagles" could  throw at him. Considering that included the likes of Malcolm Ballard, Gordon Kennett, Bobby McNeil and Roger Johns that was some feat! Great memories!

• Like 1

Peculiar that you not mentioned what Allen Emetts current plight is, are we meant to guess?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Peculiar that you not mentioned what Allen Emetts current plight is, are we meant to guess?

Suffered a recent heart attack and had a stroke a couple of years ago which has stretched his finances to the limit and can't afford the physio required as treatmet is private in Australia. Story was covered in the recent "Backtrack" magazine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He was going to the top . Never the same after that very nasty  crash with Dave Kennett at Hackney

• Like 1

A big thank you for all of you who have contributed to a riders plight who has not ridden for a half a century.

Speedway fans are a different class

And if anybody would also like to make a donation big or small, its not too late.

• Like 1