British Speedway Forum
Col

Tigers v Aces. 01/07

8 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Not a case of fingers in ears or attending meetings mate. Get real speedway is on the decline because all the promoters are in it for themselves. The 70s and 80s are not coming back  it is what it is. Look at the stadiums look at the age of the people attending  the sport is on its arse and will get no better. Open your eyes to the results  Ipswich lost 3 at home thats 9 points your not getting. Anders Rowe helped us get 3 points last night and your blaming the poor lad for Ipswich not making the play offs ??? Look at the world it’s riddled with covid and your worried about a guest reserve. Jesus get real !!!!!!!!!

A proper WHOOOSH!! for you with this :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Third Man said:

How do run RR for a reserve?

Given how close the standards are now between reserves and second strings you could just run, for a number six, two rides for the lowest average second string and two for the number seven.. 

For a number seven missing there are two options..

Bring in an adhoc "Number 8" from the league below who becomes that teams' official replacement rider for all season when he represents them, or..

More proactive, each team to have three reserves in their squad at the start of the year, two included in the starting septet and one (a lower average rider who doubles up), on stand by for absence /loss of form replacement...

In fact, you could have the one seven slot covered by two 'rising stars' to assist with development..?

If that was the case then no need for RR for a number 7.. 

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A proper WHOOOSH!! for you with this :)

Not really. I saw a very entertaining meeting which we won with some very good racing especially from one of your riders who made the difference to us winning and moving above your team in the league. Happy days. Nice to see some British potential at last. I can actually see us using Anders again to be honest and will be most welcome. The only WHOOSH was as he passed Brennan on the line which actually was the difference between us drawing and winning 

Edited by Charlieboy
Added to post
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Not really. I saw a very entertaining meeting which we won with some very good racing especially from one of your riders who made the difference to us winning and moving above your team in the league. Happy days. Nice to see some British potential at last. I can actually see us using Anders again to be honest and will be most welcome. The only WHOOSH was as he passed Brennan on the line which actually was the difference between us drawing and winning 

I think a good option would be a permanent switch for a £10k fee

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

I think a fair few (ie five others), may use Anders now it's a "free for all"..:D

Maybe he could ride for both the Tigers AND the Aces when the B fixture takes place..?

Obviously not in the same races though.. 

As that would be just silly wouldnt it?:D

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think a fair few (ie five others), may use Anders now it's a "free for all"..:D

Maybe he could ride for both the Tigers AND the Aces when the B fixture takes place..?

Obviously not in the same races though.. 

As that would be just silly wouldnt it?:D

It’s British speedway so it’s possible 

51 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I’d be up for him signing but not sure bout the fee. We could throw Bates in to the deal 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Who would be paying for the privilege. 

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

I’d be up for him signing but not sure bout the fee. We could throw Bates in to the deal 

If we have to take Bates then it's £20k

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think you missed off a zero there bruv...:)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Maybe Roscoe would welcome Bates at Swindon.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, Rob B said:

Can see why Sheffield have not been complaining about the restrictions now, while other clubs have been limited to 25-33% of capacity, Sheffield must have been at around 75% last night, locals were saying it was bigger crowd then they were getting pre-covid.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:41 AM, Cue Ball said:

Difficult to tell of crowds are bigger than pre-covid or not as we’ve lost viewing on the first bend and the bar is closed, so all those people have had to go somewhere else.

Except for the Garry Stead benefit meeting that was without doubt the most packed I've ever seen Owlerton. Including a few PLRC's & Simon Stead farewell.

On 7/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, IronScorpion said:

You only had to follow the "diversion signs" & travel north to the Meadowhall junction then come back down the M1 South (approximate 3 miles out of your way!)

Did not see any diversion signs except pointing right at the closed junction, I went around the traffic island twice.

12 hours ago, Col said:

Except for the Garry Stead benefit meeting that was without doubt the most packed I've ever seen Owlerton. Including a few PLRC's & Simon Stead farewell.

Did not see any diversion signs except pointing right at the closed junction, I went around the traffic island twice.

Ahh the Garry Stead benefit meeting, man i still get chills just thinking of that swoop around the boards Complin did on Lindgren

• Like 1